PTR 10/03 and 10/04

VortexJunkie

Went to KI this Saturday and Sunday with my wife (kic name FriedOreoGirl). Saturday started off slow with short lines just as I'd hoped. As the day progressed it got more and more busy and by 7 it was PACKED. So we didn't get to do many mazes. We'll not do a saturday haunt next year. We had gotten to the park at 10am for ERT so by 11pm we were tired and the lines weren't getting any shorter, so we left. We came back Sunday for about 5 hours and just about every ride was a walk on or 5-10 min wait. It was great. In the two days we managed to ride just about everything, some things twice, plus 14 rides on DB. We rode toward the back for the first time and were amazed at how much more air time we got! That's my favorite spot now. I think they did a great job decorating the park so I was snapping pictures all over the place. I didn't like either of the shows just because dancing and singing parts of random songs isn't my cup of tea, but I thought they were well planned and performed. By far the best entertainment was this guy...

kidzonenhaunt079.jpg

He was very funny (and very creepy) and did a great job entertaining the line of people waiting for Urgent Scare to open by scaring passers-by. I was getting nervous toward the end of the maze because I knew his job was to do the final scare.. and of course he got in our faces and creeped us out and all that good stuff. I snapped the picture after he chased a girl that ran away from him screaming. lol. bravo creepy guy!!

Here are some pics of decorations. I have TONS of pictures so I'll post more later. These are my favorites.

Hang on.. I posted the pictures using HTML rather than IMG so I'll have them up in a few. my bad

Wow those are some very nice pictures, I'm glad you took them and posted them on here. There are some really creepy decorations up there this year, like the one of the midget poking the fire with the guy in the cage. Looks impressive, BTW very nice Trip Report.

Great Pictures!

I went Saturday again (3rd time this season) and wow it was crowded. We had not planned on going but I has some work friends that wanted to last minute. Much more crowded then it was on the Saturdays I was there last week. The lines were very long for both the Haunts and Rides.

So far my favorite Haunt for this year has been Massacre Manor. Club Blood was a let down after being a favorite last year. I also want to give Slaughter House another chance since it was pouring rain when we did it opening night. We have not made it to Urget Scare or corn maze (sorry, cannot forgot the name) yet.

Thanks for all the photos! :)

I have noticed that there have been very few photo Haunt trip reports compared to previous years*...I miss them.

Thanks again!

*Which makes me wonder why...are we KIC Members not as thrilled this year...or just to "lazy" to post the trip reports?

My response for me personally is laziness, although part of it is financial too. I doubt I get back there any more this year.

I enjoy the pics as well.

ok not to bust anyones chops........ but last year my fav haunt was the cemetary because it was really foggy, there was tons of statues, the staff was painted up like statues and you couldnt see them until you almost walked into them and they would move towards you quickly and startle the crap outta ya!! Big kudos. But this year not so much fog, more hellos and screams, didnt like it as much. My fav was def. urgent scare. it just had to be said. People popping under, over and around the hanging plastic, and outta beds, and the outside crew was great. Loved it.

By far the best entertainment was this guy...

kidzonenhaunt079.jpg

He was very funny (and very creepy) and did a great job entertaining the line of people waiting for Urgent Scare to open by scaring passers-by. I was getting nervous toward the end of the maze because I knew his job was to do the final scare.. and of course he got in our faces and creeped us out and all that good stuff. I snapped the picture after he chased a girl that ran away from him screaming. lol. bravo creepy guy!!

LOL i love him too. we have so much fun when i go out in the line sometimes

Thanks for all the photos! :)

I have noticed that there have been very few photo Haunt trip reports compared to previous years*...I miss them.

Thanks again!

*Which makes me wonder why...are we KIC Members not as thrilled this year...or just to "lazy" to post the trip reports?

My response for me personally is laziness, although part of it is financial too. I doubt I get back there any more this year.

I enjoy the pics as well.

yeah im really missing the tr's too. i like hearing about the other haunts and what not since i can't experience it that and love hearingthe good and bad of my attraction too

ok not to bust anyones chops........ but last year my fav haunt was the cemetary because it was really foggy, there was tons of statues, the staff was painted up like statues and you couldnt see them until you almost walked into them and they would move towards you quickly and startle the crap outta ya!! Big kudos. But this year not so much fog, more hellos and screams, didnt like it as much. My fav was def. urgent scare. it just had to be said. People popping under, over and around the hanging plastic, and outta beds, and the outside crew was great. Loved it.

awww.... i'm glad you had fun! iwas the one out front in all black and some pinkwith the pole ;) when did you come through?