The Beast Line

bingog34

I can remember to when I used to go to the park and The Beast's line would be way back to the Eiffel Tower. This was 15 years after the ride was introduced, when most rides' lines go down after around 3 years. Why has the ride almost become walk-on? Is this a change in popularity, efficiency, or me just going to the park at different times?

I think they have just improved efficiency. I know times where I've gone to ride and hit that brake run before the station then just sat for a long time. Now when I ride, you go into the brakes and maybe just sit for less than a minute before entering the station.

The staff is just better at getting people in and out... ie less problems with restraints or measuring little kids and the likes.

I remember sitting on The Vortex at that angle before the station, just waiting for them to pull us in. It wasn't more than a couple minutes but they never do that anymore...

And yeah, I remember waiting for The Beast with my parents back in the early nineties when the line started at the floral clock. My brother and I HATED waiting for a ride we weren't even gonna get to go on. Now it makes me laugh that lines were actually that long...

Andy

You can walk on SOB at almost any time also. So I dont think SoB is taking the attention away.

For the most part, I agree with you. The only thing is, I have waited for upwards of a half hour for SOB and have hadely waited at all for The Beast. I figured the logical assumption would be that the bigger, taller, faster one would draw some attention away. Of course, I have noticed that the efficency has improved greatly this year, so that has a lot to do with it.

I agree. In the late 80's the only major coasters in the park were The Beast, Vortex, The Racers, and King Cobra..... and no minor coasters.

Now we have Beast, Vortex, The Racers, Son of Beast, Flight of Fear, and minor coasters like Face Off, Adventure Express, and Top Gun.

There's even more kiddie coasters. There used to only be The Beastie.

Having more coasters to disperse the crowd certainly helps with lines.

Cris

I can remember to when I used to go to the park and The Beast's line would be way back to the Eiffel Tower. This was 15 years after the ride was introduced, when most rides' lines go down after around 3 years. Why has the ride almost become walk-on? Is this a change in popularity, efficiency, or me just going to the park at different times?

My friend went up to PKI one day, him in his dad (P.S. you can see them on the PKI Deliruim poster at your local LaRosa's) and they cycled The Beast six times. He claims it was his ACE shirt that did it but lets face it, it is because The Beast is loseing popularity, in the day time. At night that sucker is packed.

I was also going to ask where The Vortex line was when it first opened.

I was 1 then so i have no clue.

The Vortex line use to strertch pretty far down coney mall. I remember seeing it almost as far back as Skyline when it first opened. Do any of you remember the paintings on the ground that used to be painted that showed where the lines should go when they were out of the que. Vortex use to have The Vortex logo down. The Beast used to have claw prints, and also Adventure Express had them as well as Flight Commander. Boy that seem so long ago, but I remember them like it was just yesterday.

<< Do any of you remember the paintings on the ground that used to be painted that showed where the lines should go when they were out of the que.>>

There are still faint lines that run to the queue of The Vortex. I haven't seen any Vortex logos, so I assume that the originals were paved over.

I also remember the foot prints that ran to The Beast. I think they were red.

I also remember AE having some sort of ensignia. Do you remember what it was?

I rember beast it was like a organy red. And they were painted way back by flying eagles.

I don't rember AE having one but it may have. I don't ride that ride very much.

Actually they redid The Beast's Claw prints for the 20th anniversary of The Beast. But the orginal prints that I can remember where much bigger and they were white. Yeah Vortex still does have a painted yellow lines. But they used to have the logo painted and it went much farther down the mindway. As for Adventure Express I belive it was some kind of a pyrmid with an arrow pointed torwards the que. But that was been quite a while ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I can remember going in early 90's (When they still had the safari monorail) and The Vortex line went down coney mall...usually 1.5 to 2 hours.... beast line was around 1-2 hours in the day, 2 or more as it got darker.

All the rides that have been added in the 90s to now have really helped spread out the lines...making things much nicer. My girlfriend hasnt been there in years...she prefers CP but doesnt like PKI because of the "lines"..I think I need to take her back to PKI since the lines are soo much better anymore.

While on the subject of lines...I welcome a new water park (if thats what they are doing for next year) so all the kids will all be drawn over there while I walk right on to the thrill rides wink.gif

I remember the long lines as well when I was a kid. I also remember The Beast footprints that would tell you where to line up. So, why is TR:TR a slow loader. I have not been on that one yet, so I haven't seen it. That is another thing that burns me about PKI. Cp consitently wins the award for putting the most people through their lines every year. Does PKI really consider this when purchasing a new ride? How about Delirium or Scooby Doo? What are those like in terms of moving people?

Scooby is comparable to PT, but I believe it actually has a lower capacity. Delirium's line goes much faster than you'd imagine. It has 5 queue lines, I believe, and the giant frisbee will hold almost a whole queue. It has a very efficent loading system.

TR:TR has a low capacity becaust the ride takes a long time to load and unload. Everyone has to empty out their pockets into these pouches unless you want eveything you have on you to be dumped out.

If you haven't ridden TR:TR, I would recommend it, it's a fun ride.

Edited by BoddaH1994