Discovery Channel Extreme Rides 2003

WildCat

I was shocked by how young Todd Bills is because I thought that he was older.

I can't wait for the TR:TR show to come out - mostly because I'll see myself.

Whenever I see PKI on TV, I feel a sense of pride and joy. Due to recent changes in my "family" situation, I won't be able to afford to visit any theme park but PKI for a few years anyway.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Hehehe, guess I'll be appreciating how young I look when I'm 30 years old. Chef, I'm actually 22 :-)

Moving on, I thought they did a great job with the Delirium segment. They definitely had some interesting camera angles. Its nice to see PKI get some spotlight, very much deserved!

- Todd

Just a question, how did you get on the show? I've always wanted to be the guy that decribes the rides while riding it. I even practice it while riding FoF (ok, just to annoy my friends, but oh well...)

"Ok, we are now getting ready for the launch... and here we GO! 55 MPH IN 4 SECONDS!!! And now we go into the COBRA ROLL! Two flips right in a row! We take a dive down to the ground then back up into another flip!" You get the idea...

So once again, how did you get on it???

I did the same thing on Vortex. True story, I just started to babble the ride description and it annoyed the crap out of my friend who was riding next to me..."Here we go...great airtime on the drop... Here's a loop....and another one! Whoa! Into the corkscrews and now the batwing! AHH this is intense!"....... I guess I watch too many coaster shows...

Edited by fusiondude09

I was shocked by how young Todd Bills is because I thought that he was older.

I can't wait for the TR:TR show to come out - mostly because I'll see myself.

Whenever I see PKI on TV, I feel a sense of pride and joy. Due to recent changes in my "family" situation, I won't be able to afford to visit any theme park but PKI for a few years anyway.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Hehehe, guess I'll be appreciating how young I look when I'm 30 years old. Chef, I'm actually 22 :-)

Moving on, I thought they did a great job with the Delirium segment. They definitely had some interesting camera angles. Its nice to see PKI get some spotlight, very much deserved!

- Todd

Just a question, how did you get on the show? I've always wanted to be the guy that decribes the rides while riding it. I even practice it while riding FoF (ok, just to annoy my friends, but oh well...)

"Ok, we are now getting ready for the launch... and here we GO! 55 MPH IN 4 SECONDS!!! And now we go into the COBRA ROLL! Two flips right in a row! We take a dive down to the ground then back up into another flip!" You get the idea...

So once again, how did you get on it???

I read about the show in advance and e-mailed California that I am the author of THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDEBOOK TO PARAMOUNT'S KING ISLAND and pretty much begged them to interview me (which they did). Plus I mentioned that I am the former producer, star, script-writer, and director of HOME COOKING WITH CHARLES.

How come no one asks me about my mysterious "family situation" that is cutting my budget????

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef

There was a message posted on one of the boards requesting riders for both shoots, so it was as simple as emailing a response. Jeff picked out Allen to do the narration. I was just standing there talking to Allen and they ended up placing me beside him, then interviewing me later on. It was odd, I normally don't make noise on rides...I'm just kinda quiet. For the video shoot, I HAD to make some noise, hehe.

- Todd, gotta love Delirium!

How come no one asks me about my mysterious "family situation" that is cutting my budget????

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Ok, Chef. What is the mysterious "family situation" that is cutting your budget? biggrin.gif

God willing next year a baby will be born of mixed heritage. He /she will be half Italian and half Japanese. As a result of this development, Mrs. Chef can't ride any good rides until the latter part of next year (I hope).

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef

Well, I guess it's time to congradulate you publicly, Chef. Go Chef!

As far as doing commentary on rides, I do Delirium all the time. It's no so much that I'm describing things like "Now we're swinging left, now we're swinging right" or anything like that, it's more like I'm describing the incredible air time that I'm getting out of the ride.

On another note, does anyone get particular songs stuck in their heads on particular rides? I thought I was crazy, but someone else mentioned it in an earlier post. He or she said they get "The Zephyr Song" by RHCP stuck in their head obviously while riding the Zephyr. I'm sure a lot of us can relate to that. tongue.gif lol...One time I overheard my brother singing "Pictures" by Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow on FoF. It's kind of funny because you'd think that an intense ride would spark some kind of rock song in you.

-Ryan

Zephyr Song - Zephyr (duh!)

Crazy Train - FoF

I'll prolly get other songs stuck in my head when I work other rides. As of now, its only those songs.

EDIT: What does this have to do with the show? lol

Also, congrats Charles! What will your bundle be named? Could it be Son of Charles if a boy, and... ok... this joke doesn't work if a girl, but hey, I tried! laugh.gif

Edited by StXBomber

For the video shoot, I HAD to make some noise, hehe.

yea i noticed you couldn't shut up during the ride. biggrin.gif it kinda got annoying after a while but o well. ok, it might just be me but i think todd looks like that dude on malcolm in the middle...anyone else think this?

Edited by SixFlagsMasta

Thank you DragonLord. I will pass on your well wishes to Mrs. Chef. You are correct that I will have to spend much time in Hanna-Barbera Land. Thinking about it makes me miss Cindy Bear, the Flintstones, and all the H-B characters that PKI pulled out this year.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Actually we pulled them out last year, and started doing so earlier than that if I remember. They brought them out during the big BAFFD, which was suprising. I saw Yogi and Fred Flintstone, but I'm sure they had some others out.

I have a suggestion for the park (this should be posted somewhere else, but oh well)...

I think they need to build a normal play ground, with nothing but the slides, juggle jims and stuff. A nice soft floor to it and some picinic tables around it for the parents and NO MUSIC! Just a nice quiet place for the kids to unwind, or gear up. Maybe they could have a stationary ice cream truck that would serve some treats. I just think the park needs to have some more quiet space like behind Wings, kinda out of the way. We could build it behind Nick, just take out part of the existing Grove (or expand it) and that would work.