History was made

Colonel_SoB_fan

congrats on being part of history.

Record number of job seekers show up at Kings Island

KI_JobFair%2520007.jpg

The first day of a two-day job fair this weekend attracted 2,335 job seekers Saturday, the largest single-day turnout for a job fair in the park's 38-year history. Kings Island plans to hire more than 4,000 workers for the 2010 operating season, which begins April 17.

The job fair will be held again Sunday, from 10am to 4pm. Apply online in advance at http://www.visitkingsisland.com/, then come out to the job fair for an interview.

http://kingsislandin...r.blogspot.com/

Not sure how I feel about this.

I'm happy for KI since having thousands of applicants obviously has it's advantages, but on the other hand I don't know what over 2,300 job seekers looking for seasonal jobs, many of which paying minimum wage, says about the state of our economy right now.

Not sure how I feel about this.

I'm happy for KI since having thousands of applicants obviously has it's advantages, but on the other hand I don't know what over 2,300 job seekers looking for seasonal jobs, many of which paying minimum wage, says about the state of our economy right now.

The media saying we are in recovery is bs-there are jobs out there, but minimum wage. I was in dayton yesterday and its looking really bad and even more dangerous. Moraine especially, the GM property is starting to look delapidated. I know people are finding jobs, but less than what they left and not a living wage. I see this being the new economy-myself, it's a matter of time. My dept is slowly being consolidated and outsourced-it started in the south and is moving north-I have a job through this year, but they won't talk about 2011. Se la Vie.....

Well, I am happy to report that things are finally looking up for me in my career path. After months of nothing and "we are not currently hiring" responses from firms since I graduated last June, I finally am working at an architecture firm. Unfortunately, it is contracting work right now (this is actually the second firm I`m doing contract work for right now), which means no benefits like health insurance. But I have a high paying job through at least the end of April in the field that I went to six years of college for. It sure beats the crumby hours and pay I was making at Target.

So hopefully, things stay positive for me and the contract job will turn into a full time job with benefits at the end of April. In my opinion anyway, the last month or two had definitely seemed like the economy is improving. At least to me since I landed a job in my chosen profession, however temporary it may be!

Saw this on KI's Twitter, all I can say is wow. That is a ton of employees and hopefully those that came with no other alternatives for a job can get one at the park. Luckily I got my first job I applied for here at Kohl's in Richmond and it has been kind to me so for now that's my source of income.

Sorry to be cynical but, I'm sure this does will not help to change the mindframe of a certain management team that seems to think employees are expendable.

On a much more optimistic note, Congrats Robbie! I've always guessed you give your personal best and I assume you'll work very hard and have many admirable accomplishments.