Rockband Live Coming to Cedar Fair Parks!

Cedar Fair - (3/4/10) Cedar Fair and Rockband have announced a new collaboration that will see something called "Rock Band, Live" brought to various Cedar Fair parks this season. A season-long version of this live interactive show experience will take place at Cedar Point and Canada's Wonderland while a traveling version of the show will go on tour hitting 9 different parks along the way.

From the sound of things, the 'preshow' experience will involve the public playing the Rockband video game, resulting in the top players being invited up onto the stage to rock out with the live band… while you get to play along on your Rock Band plastic instrument. While some have blasted the idea, I think it's a fun new project myself, and sure as hell to be more enjoyable than yet another American Idol themed show.

The Rock Band, Live tour will begin at Dorney Park over Memorial Day Weekend and slowly work their way Westward. According to the LA Times, the Tour will likely end their run with dates at California's Great America (July 22 – Aug 1st) and Knott's Berry Farm (Aug 5 – 15th) according to the LA Times.

Screamscape

I think this sounds like an interesting idea, and it'll be very popular, at least if they put it on the park map. I must admit, video games newer than 8 years old are just not my thing, but nevertheless it will be fun for many.

Please note that this has not been officially released, so nothing is certain.

Lance has his sources and is often firstest with the mostest. Just as often he's late to the party. No one can be right all the time...and he is often a victim of being right, then the park(s) involved change their minds, then people think he was wrong. One must take care in this industry, or any other, to protect one's credibility...