Season Pass Processing

CrashOverRided

Hello All

I would encourage all those that bought a season pass to take advantage of the Season pass processing BEFORE opening day. We got ours processed today. with very lil to no wait in line. I bring this up because i remmeber last year on opening day passing the VERY long line that almost reached the Gold pass parking lot. here is the link for the days and times. You will be happy you processed Early come April 17th when you go to the gate and not that LONG line smile.gif

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/visit/today/index.cfm

EDITED WITH NEW LINK!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought a lot of people would be there today but we just walked in, got the picture taken, and off we go. Quick & easy. Glad I got my first pass this year.

I don't think I can wait 16 days!

i agree, i thought there would be more ppl there......we got there about 5:30 pm today and waited all of about 5 mins wooooooo hooooooooo i am so ready for the 17th.

Ok a question about processing. I am going up tomorrow to get my pass processed. Well, today me and my buddies decided we were going to go spend a couple of days up at the point as well, up in early June. Can I upgrade my pass I have now to a Platinum Pass?

I believe that you can upgrade your Kings Island or Kings Island Gold Pass into a Platinum Pass. You will likely pay the difference between what a Platinum Pass is currently selling for and how much you paid for your original pass for this year. Ie, if you paid $80 for your pass, and a Platinum pass is $150 right now, you could upgrade for $70. But of course, I`d call the park, or ask when you go up their to process. They will know the specific arrangements about upgrading passes.

^I had the same thoughts as you did Coasters, I was thinking that you can upgrade to a Platinum Pass as long as like you said, pay the difference. So I re-newed my gold pas which is 84.99, and a Platinum Pass is going for 160.00 right now on Visit Kings Island, so that would be a difference 75.01. My mom and Grandmother are going in on this upgrade as a gift for me and both are giving me 30 dollars, which will mean I owe 15.01, not too bad considering a two day ride and slide ticket is going for 75.99. Also, according to Cedar Point online I get early ride benefits and late ride benefits as well. We are leaving on a Sunday and making the 6 hour drive up to the point and staying Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully we will get there in time on Sunday night to maybe go in the park for a little while and if they are having the late night ERT, get some of that in as well.

I don't think things have changed, but I was able to upgrade my season pass that i bought last year to a gold pass by paying the slight price difference. You just walk up to the window and ask if you can upgrade. They will scan your current purchased pass card/e-ticket, then they will charge you the difference and hand you what would look like a ticket stub. You just take that into processing with you.

Once the park opens, does processing continue until it closes? For example, if I go on a Friday night when the park is open at 10, will they process until 10, or shut it down at like, 8...?

Last season we stayed until the park closed. I can't say that it will be the same for this year but I'm guessing it will.

I'll be working April 9th for a couple hours so come visit me and buy your passes!!!

It should be noted, that at Carowinds this year, if you had the season pass voucher you HAD to process your pass before entering the park. The admissions staff was NOT accepting the vouchers, and directing people back outside of the metal detectors and to the season pass processing center. There were also signs posted stating that one had to process their pass first, prior to gaining entry to the park. Granted, that was Carowinds, and not Kings Island. Policies can and sometimes are different from park to park, even in the same chain.

For pass processing: last year, my family renewed our passes when they were on sale, so we just bought the renewal. Then, we were told we were set and and didn't have to do pictures or anything. Does anyone know if this is true (like you renewed last year and went to Carowinds or something)?

I would assume all Cedar Fair parks work the same (not always a safe assumption) but at Cedar Point you can upgrade your normal season pass at any time to Platinum pass paying the difference.

As far as ERT - on a daily basis Cedar Point opens an hour early for Platinum Passholders and resort guests, 4 rides and Planet Snoopy open early (Raptor, Iron Dragon, Millennium Force, and Maverick). There are only 4(?) later ERTs for Platinum Passholders. Go to the CP website, Season Pass Central and look at the Point Perks link for a schedule. I think they are mainly on Thursdays.

Definitely take advantage of the early ERT, be there early, and make a rush for the ride you want. If you want to go to Maverick go to the Soak City Parking lot.

It should be noted, that at Carowinds this year, if you had the season pass voucher you HAD to process your pass before entering the park. The admissions staff was NOT accepting the vouchers, and directing people back outside of the metal detectors and to the season pass processing center. There were also signs posted stating that one had to process their pass first, prior to gaining entry to the park. Granted, that was Carowinds, and not Kings Island. Policies can and sometimes are different from park to park, even in the same chain.

Terpy probably has a lot to say about that! :)

I plan on coming down for the 24th and 25th. If I get to my hotel at around 7:30 on that Friday night (the 23rd), can I run over to the park, around 8 or 9ish, and process my platinum pass? I know that's late, but it looks like the park is open until 10:00 p.m. that Friday, so perhaps the processing center is as well?

I could just do it the morning of the 24th, but it would be nice to have it out of the way.

I wish they would start putting the pictures back on the season passes. I always looked forward to taking a goofy picture and having it on the front.

I didn't realize that the newer passes didn't have photos...I haven't gotten one since probably 1997. Aren't they afraid that people will pass around the passes?

I wish they would start putting the pictures back on the season passes. I always looked forward to taking a goofy picture and having it on the front.

I didn't realize that the newer passes didn't have photos...I haven't gotten one since probably 1997. Aren't they afraid that people will pass around the passes?

the photo isnt on the card, however it is in the system so when they scan your card your picture comes up on the screen.

I plan on coming down for the 24th and 25th. If I get to my hotel at around 7:30 on that Friday night (the 23rd), can I run over to the park, around 8 or 9ish, and process my platinum pass? I know that's late, but it looks like the park is open until 10:00 p.m. that Friday, so perhaps the processing center is as well?

I could just do it the morning of the 24th, but it would be nice to have it out of the way.

If you're gonna get your pass procesed onthe 23rd, then you might as well head into KI for a couple hours and have fun :)

If you're gonna get your pass procesed onthe 23rd, then you might as well head into KI for a couple hours and have fun smile.gif

I would certainly go in too, the problem is, I don't know if I show up the 23rd at 8 or 9 if the processing center will even be open or not. Can anyone confirm; will the processing center be open until 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. on Friday, April 23rd?

Your picture comes up on the terminal screen with the number of times you have used your pass at that park for the attendant to see when you enter.

These would make some good 5 @ 5 questions. Anyway, I'm also concerned because my friend has a CP pass (basic) purchased from the Internet. He wants to upgrade to platinum but our KI visit will be way before CP. I am curious if he could upgrade at KI to platinum from a CP regular pass. Anyone know? If not, I have a phone call to make...

If you're gonna get your pass procesed onthe 23rd, then you might as well head into KI for a couple hours and have fun smile.gif

I would certainly go in too, the problem is, I don't know if I show up the 23rd at 8 or 9 if the processing center will even be open or not. Can anyone confirm; will the processing center be open until 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. on Friday, April 23rd?

Try calling the park on Monday: 513-754-5700 (guest relations)

These would make some good 5 @ 5 questions. Anyway, I'm also concerned because my friend has a CP pass (basic) purchased from the Internet. He wants to upgrade to platinum but our KI visit will be way before CP. I am curious if he could upgrade at KI to platinum from a CP regular pass. Anyone know? If not, I have a phone call to make...

I would just call KI and ask. If they say your friend can't do an upgrade at KI, then just have them call CP and do the upgrade over the phone (I would think they could do that)

2005 was around the last year that they stopped issuing passes with your picture actually printed on the pass itself. Like other have said, now when your pass is scanned, a color picture displays on the monitor (which is easier to verify your identity than the small black and white image that used to be printed on the pass). That is when they verify that the person using the pass is in fact the person who owns the pass.

Patience my friend. Remember, we are on the cusp of the season. In no time at all, the park will be in full, daily operation. And then like the blink of an eye, the season will be winding down again as daily operation ends and the park prepares for Haunt. And then, just as quickly as it began, the 2010 season will be over! Time flies much too quickly.