KI 2011 Waterpark add on

mikejenkins1

I doubt CF would ever convert Boomerang Bay to its own park with separate admission, not only because it would be difficult to do (with the train and walking path), but also because they'd never be able to compete with The Beach at that point - The Beach is larger, has more attractions and a lot less concrete, among other things.

no one thought Geuga Lake would be only a water park in less than 4 years either....

BB is not big enough to support itself as a stand alone water park with the beach and GWL right next door, CF knows this.

I think that if KI were to make BB not included with addmission they would have to make it a lot better for people to go to it. They don't have to make BB top-notch. I really don't blame Kings Island about BB. They're more focused on their amusement park and I would be to. Like I said before I just go to BB to cool of for an hour or two. And if you want to go to a bigger and better waterpark just drive right down the street to The Beach Waterpark...

I wish they'd call it Water Works again. I still call it Water Works to this day. I never understood why Paramount choose to rename it, it was fine as it was. My first visit to the park was the year Water Works was added so calling it "Boomerang Bay" is hard.

yes I know what he was talking about. However, if we are talking about what Cedar Fair could or would do, well then we might as well be throwing ideas down the stairs and which ever one lands closest is the right idea. Of course right now it would seem crazy to have a separate admission for the water park, just like when CF bought Geuga Lake the people there thought it was crazy to say the park would be closed at one point.

Point is, its ceder fair they are the fun and only ones who know whats going to happen....

I wish they'd call it Water Works again. I still call it Water Works to this day. I never understood why Paramount choose to rename it, it was fine as it was. My first visit to the park was the year Water Works was added so calling it "Boomerang Bay" is hard.

Because the park was sort of generic water-themed, and Paramount decided to tie it in with the movie Crocodile Dundee. It's all the best if you ask me, because as I said, the notion of an Australian-themed waterpark is really quite smart and to my knowledge, hadn't been done. Plus, the Australian back story provides for more colorful slides, fun building colors, clever names, and little touches that Waterworks didn't - the surfing kangaroo, the squirting dijeridoos, etc.

Guest Millennium

I went to Boomerang Bay a few days ago and that place is seriously going downhill. Every slide needs a paint job badly, even buildings needed painted. There are some parts of the water park were there is absolutely no shade at all, than there are parts where it's cold because it's all shade and there are leaves and dirt all over the paths. On Sydney Sidewinder there were some parts of the slides that had dirt and leaves all over it and Crocodile Isle (I think thats its name) was filled with leaves and dirt. The water was freezing every where (at Splashin' Safari their water is 85º+). And all the employees looked like they were bored (we were some of the only people at the water park, and half the Lemon Chill (ect) stands weren't even open. Also one side of Sydney Sidewinder wasn't operating and either was Snowy River Rampage. I'm not a huge water park fan, but I do love going to them and I have to say that Boomerang Bay is probably the worst I've ever been to.

You obv. haven't been to Soak City.

Wow, Is Boomerang Bay really that bad? I think it's just fine, really, and you can get in there for the same price as the rest of KI. It has enough slides to keep my family busy. I just don't see what's wrong with it besides a lack of shade and that merciless concrete. I like it better than The Beach, which seems kinda weird and run down these days. Maybe it's just me.

I don't hate Boomerang Bay, I just suggest it could be a ton better. The employees are really terrible; I was going to Pipeline Paradise, and the lady next to me just stood there. I didn't even know what to do!

Plus there is no enthusiasm when you go down the slides; they say "Go down." without one smile on their face. I would try and be as fun as I could if I worked there! Maybe. If it wasn't too hot of a day.........

alluna I am with you on this one. Cincyman98 The employee thing is everywhere. Please do not take me wrong but anywhere there are people there are bad apples. For instance I love going on the ET every time I visit the park and cool down. However one employee who I might add is very nice does in a way put down CF. Once she was talking about how bad CF is about fixing things, talking about how they use the first level deck as more less a garbage can. Scrap and junk all over. She said that is a ongoing problem. Now it seems to me if you value your job you do not bad mouth your employer in front of guests.

alluna I am with you on this one. Cincyman98 The employee thing is everywhere. Please do not take me wrong but anywhere there are people there are bad apples. For instance I love going on the ET every time I visit the park and cool down. However one employee who I might add is very nice does in a way put down CF. Once she was talking about how bad CF is about fixing things, talking about how they use the first level deck as more less a garbage can. Scrap and junk all over. She said that is a ongoing problem. Now it seems to me if you value your job you do not bad mouth your employer in front of guests.

I know who you mean....