Fascination

rotag

this was my second time ever to indiana beach (first time was the week prior & i couldnt stay long). i started the trip by parking in the free lot, by the south entrance. as i walked across the suspinion bridge, i took in the sight of how the park was laid-out. i mossied my way over to guest relations to get a wristband, by using my G.O.C.C. membership i got a half priced discount. by the time i got out of there, it was time for the park to open.

i had gotten all but my steel hawg credit from last time, so i went over to get it. didnt particularly cared for my ride. so after that, i went to lost coaster of superstion mountain before it started to build its line for the day. its my favorite coaster of the whole entire park. i went on the shaffer queen, the views from the lake are fantastic. i went & picked up a ride on the sky-lift to grab a bite to eat in the skyroom lounge. yes the food here is a little pricey, but the view is something else & the food does taste great (cant say too much about the water though).

after i got done, i decided to check-out the arcades, they have a lot of games i havent seen in a while (ex: addams family pin-ball, twilight zone pin-ball). the bathrooms are the only gripe i have with this place, the floors always wet & smells like an outhouse. the xcellarator blowdryiers were slower than a regular blowdryier. i checked out the giftshops & they carry merchandise that is what i used to see from a long time ago when i went to parks.

i did the bumpercars, followed by den of lost theives. next i checked out a little game called Fascination. this game is really addictive, & easy to play. only hard part is tryin to explain the game. i <3 the smell when you first walk in there as it has that old barber shop feel to it. its almost like if you crossed skee-ball with bingo. the asian lady by the name of helen is a funny site to see, she adds caractor to the game. if you cant tell, this game fascinates me. :P

i went over to ride cornball express, followed by air crow.i went to paratrooper, i havent seen/ridden one of these since old indiana fun park. next was dr. frankenstiens castle, its a little creepy if your goin thru there by yourself. then i went for a ride on sea dragon, than another ride on paratrooper. i then went on a ride of falling star, followed by another ride on skylift. i went to play some more fascination, i cant get enough of this game. why aint there more of these?!

i wanted a ride on hoosier huricane, but they were closed so i went to galaxie.that ride is a lot smoother than python @ coney. i went on flying bobs & didnt get sick this time, i had fun swinging it while it went around & around. then i went back to paratroopers, followed by another run on galaxie. then i went back & indulged in the sights, sounds, & smells of fascination as i was on my way to the little train ride. i got off @ the golf course & took another ride on skylift.

by then, hoosier hurricane was open again. this place aint woried about ride capacity by no means what so ever. then i went back to air crow, it was interesting watching a guy try to park his big pontoon boat under the hurricanes supports ( since theres a docking station there). then i was preatty much back & fourth between paratrooper, galaxie, flying bobs, & sea dragon. it started to get dark out, so i went to the big ferris wheel. i got off & waited/leaning on the ride supports as hoosier hurricane went by.

all i have to say about that is ZOMFG!i! then i marathoned skylift about 5x's before picing up some prizes that i wone from fascination. they were an indiana beach ashtray & fuzzy cuffs. happy.gif then i went on paratroopers & sea dragon one last time. now came the best part off the night. i marathoned air crow till close. that was 7 ZEN rides & snapping the whole time. what made it better was the last two rides was while fireworks were set off. talk about a sensory overload.

then it was time to go back over the suspension bridge with multiple others to head home. along the way, i passed windmills in a field (you think these things are great to see in the day time. wait until nightfall when all you see is thousands of red lights flashing in the sky. thank you for reading my tr, i cant wait to go back again.

Not even Cornball Express? You must ride in the front seat. It's incredible. And ride late in the day, too. As Nick has mentioned before, it starts the day slow and speeds up as time goes by...

Fascination used to be everywhere...from Kings Island to Kennywood to Camden Park. It is largely mechanical, hard to keep operating and requires a mechanic who can make parts for it these days...and yes, it is very addictive.

I believe Knoebel's still has theirs, as does Sylvan Beach and Darien Lake, both in New York state. And yes, the New Jersey piers...I'm not quite sure, but I think Geneva On The Lake, (Lake Erie, not that far from Cedar Point) still has a Fascination Parlor (and yes, they call it that).

Spent many weekends as a kid up there with the family. have not made a trip up there yet this season. I plan to take my Seadoo soon and get on the lake in the morning and hit the park after it opens! Thanks fr the TR Jared. Terpy, I don't think I have ever done CB in 1-3,4. I? will try that when I go!

Old Terp has always referred to that seat as the Magic Seat. If you think that was fun, you should try it on Magnum XL-200...especially when the midcourse brake is off. Or not! :blink:

because of you saying that one time i decided to ride there, i think my second ride ever on it, i though i jarred my teeth out. lol

Spent many weekends as a kid up there with the family. have not made a trip up there yet this season. I plan to take my Seadoo soon and get on the lake in the morning and hit the park after it opens! Thanks fr the TR Jared. Terpy, I don't think I have ever done CB in 1-3,4. I? will try that when I go!

your welcome, &...

...YOU HAVE A SEADOO?!blink.gif

your welcome, &...

...YOU HAVE A SEADOO?!blink.gif

Yes, it looks just like this one!

seadoo400.jpg

Cornball Express trains have two benches per car. If you want to sit in the back row of the front car, that will be in 1-2. The back seat of the front car of a wooden coaster is frequently called the magic seat.

Are you saying it does not have seat dividers?

Although it has flip down bars (some people call them buzz bars), I seem to remember it DOES have seat dividers. I am saying it has two rows of two seats per row or four people per car. NOT three rows of two seats per row and six people per car. Therefore, the back seat of the first car is row 2...1-2. NOT row 3, 1-3.

Does that help?

Terpy, who remembers how astounded many were that Cornball Express opened with flip down (single position) bars, as most thought PTC was forevermore going to use individually ratcheting lap bars (also known to some as SOR's: stupid orange restraints).