Halloween Haunt 2010

KIMonster14

I agree. However, I am a little surprised that they are not open on Halloween evening. If ever there was a night that would seem like it could draw crowds, it would be October 31st (a Sunday this year). But then again, the weather in Cincinnati in October can be a crap shoot. Last year it was really rainy. This year September has been really dry and hot (we set a record high temperature today, eclipsing one set in 1970!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys --- any insight on Haunt crowds opening day in past years? I'm looking for a good day to go with low crowds. Since KI hasn't been open for several weeks, is it going to be absolutely packed tomorrow based on previous years? Thanks for any insight...debating between CP & KI tomorrow.

Hey guys --- any insight on Haunt crowds opening day in past years? I'm looking for a good day to go with low crowds. Since KI hasn't been open for several weeks, is it going to be absolutely packed tomorrow based on previous years? Thanks for any insight...debating between CP & KI tomorrow.

For the record, I chose to go to KI, and it was a great time. Because of the nice weather, crowds were medium overall. The Haunts were all packed with 1 hour average waits, but the rides were walk-ons, excluding Flight of Fear. As always, nearly everyone left with 1 hour to go. I'll never understand this, as it was the best hour of the night...we got about as much stuff in as the first 5 hours combined.

For the record, I chose to go to KI, and it was a great time. Because of the nice weather, crowds were medium overall. The Haunts were all packed with 1 hour average waits, but the rides were walk-ons, excluding Flight of Fear. As always, nearly everyone left with 1 hour to go. I'll never understand this, as it was the best hour of the night...we got about as much stuff in as the first 5 hours combined.

Huh? 1 hour waits? I never waited over 35 minutes. That's the longest I had to wait and that was for Urgent Scare and Wolf Pack. Everything else was 15 min or less for me. Some even being walk-ons.

Huh? 1 hour waits? I never waited over 35 minutes. That's the longest I had to wait and that was for Urgent Scare and Wolf Pack. Everything else was 15 min or less for me. Some even being walk-ons.

I think it's that the haunts give the illusion of being a long wait because of the way the lines stretch down midways and such. It's just like Vortex... You see that line coming out of the station, up the stairs, over the bridge, down the stairs, and out along the brick retaining wall and you just think it must be super long. The truth is, the absence of switchbacks makes the line appear long, when it really isn't.

• 1 year later...

Sorry I'm a year late here on the response...didn't notice until now. Anyway, I only have been to the last few haunts 1 time per year, so I'm no expert, but are the waits really closer to 15 minutes on average as this poster describes? I believe my friend timed us at 45 minutes for Trail of Terror last year, and we asked Kings Island staff for the waits of Carnevil, Club Blood, Tombstone Terror-tory and some others last year and were told an hour or more if I recall (so maybe they were not accurate). Anyway, I just figured I'd solve that problem this year with Fright Lane. But if 15 minutes is the norm with some of those giant ques like Carnevil, then maybe the Fright Lane pass isn't necessary?