Antique cars

drewbari

I'll agree with the WAY above statement about the Rivertown Antique Car's station. It looks very shabby and unused. That path in the park (between the clock and LaRosa's that has the tropical drink place) seems to be the gloomiest of all of the paths. I hope the park does something in the next couple of years with that unused station (either tear it down or something), because all it does is just sit there aestetically displeasing. I know it would cost money to do something with it, but I think that with the Antique Cars plot of land (in its entirety) and the pond on the other side of the path, a pretty good coaster could go there. It probably would be expensive and may not look good from the front of the park, but I would consider it feasible.

I really doubt that Congo Falls will be leaving us before 2008; it's a classic wait-in-a-short-line-to-get-soaked-fron-head-to-toe ride.

they closed it down in 1997

I also do not think they closed in '97. I remember riding the south side of tiques in 1998. I went to the park with a friend who I met thru a new job that I had got. I didn't start that job until June of 98 so it had to have been open for at least thru the end of '98.

*Off Topic* why did they shut down the Smurf ride in 1991? It was only there for 9 years isnt the life span in that building for rides 12 or 13 years? and Iam sure the Smurf Figures were a lot easier to take care of than the PT figures.

Ok back on topic I agree with Fryler87 that part of the park is really ugly to the eye I hope PKI does do something with that old station...if something is put in will the that Tropical Drink stand disappear?

I think the reason they shut the south side down anyway was the cars on the north side where starting to get really hard to keep up, most of the cars they used for the north side where always broken. Remember the North side used to use the cars that had a metal roof and it said "taxi" on top. The cars they use now, were from the south side of tiques. I believe since the north side had a higher capicity then the south side anyway, that's why they decided to keep the north side open.

While I was working there last year at tiques, I had a chance to walk the south track and there are a lot of places where the metal rail in the middle is broken. The lay of the course to me at least seemed to be better thatn the north side, it just seemed a little more remote. I remember being there while some idiot college kids ditched two cars at the same time and then left the course somewhere, that was interesting when all the cars stopped coming into the station.

That's what happened. My family and I were standing in line and wondering what happened to the cars, then we saw a worker driving one back. Does anyone remember when the Ac was part of RT ? When did they become part of CM?

While I was working there last year at tiques, I had a chance to walk the south track and there are a lot of places where the metal rail in the middle is broken. The lay of the course to me at least seemed to be better thatn the north side, it just seemed a little more remote. I remember being there while some idiot college kids ditched two cars at the same time and then left the course somewhere, that was interesting when all the cars stopped coming into the station.

That's what happened. My family and I were standing in line and wondering what happened to the cars, then we saw a worker driving one back. Does anyone remember when the Ac was part of RT ? When did they become part of CM?

The south side of tiques was in rivertown, the north side of tiques is in Coney.

I'll agree with the WAY above statement about the Rivertown Antique Car's station. It looks very shabby and unused. That path in the park (between the clock and LaRosa's that has the tropical drink place) seems to be the gloomiest of all of the paths. I hope the park does something in the next couple of years with that unused station (either tear it down or something), because all it does is just sit there aestetically displeasing. I know it would cost money to do something with it, but I think that with the Antique Cars plot of land (in its entirety) and the pond on the other side of the path, a pretty good coaster could go there. It probably would be expensive and may not look good from the front of the park, but I would consider it feasible.

I really doubt that Congo Falls will be leaving us before 2008; it's a classic wait-in-a-short-line-to-get-soaked-fron-head-to-toe ride.

That's Paradice Island and I like it. It's part RT. Does anyone else like it?