retro question

scoobyforever73

i was wondering if anyone here has any information on what the park did with all the 70s-80s Hanna Barbera rides, signs, benches, parking lot signs etc. Part of me thinks they are all in a landfill somewhere , however i see at Halloween some of the old rides used as Halloween decorations as well as the old Phantom Theater puppets, so i know they keep and store some things. I collect old KI memorbillia and it would be unbelievable if they ever had a public auction should some of the old stuff still existed in some old warehouse somewhere. I know i am not the only one who would be interested in this..thanks if anyone has any info

From my stand point i believe almost 45% or less, or more of the Hannah Barberra scenery are still in the park, the others are probably scattered around the tristate, owned by collectors and Kings Island enthusiasts.

Cool to think some ofl that great stuff is owned by some fellow collectors. I do a KI check each week on Ebay and have found some cool stuff i won, even an old bag from the gift shop ( 1978) with old postcards inside as well as a Dick Dastardly keychain from 77 that was never opened. Guess i will just keep my eyes open and hope the park would one day choose to part with the old stuff. ( especially if the Enchanted Voyage puppets are still in storage)

From my stand point i believe almost 45% or less, or more of the Hannah Barberra scenery are still in the park, the others are probably scattered around the tristate, owned by collectors and Kings Island enthusiasts.

I can 100% guarantee that you're right: 45% or less or more of the Hanna Barbera scenery is still in the park.

GYK, math whiz? :P

• Like 1