Crave Twitter Contest

TheCrypt

No, you just do the posts at 2 separate times. Do Twitter in the morning and Facebook in the afternoon or vice versa.

That would involve more money being dished out by one or both of the ends.

More money? I was unaware that it costs money to post to Facebook. I wasn't talking about running 2 separate contests. I was suggesting running the same contests on 2 social media channels. You take all the entries from Facebook and all the entries from Twitter and you still draw just one name for the one prize. Just one giveaway still, not two.

I don't understand why there has to be 2 prizes. I've entered contests before online where there were multiple ways to enter for the chance to win the same prize. You could enter through Facebook, or any of the multiple web sites, or you could send in an entry through the mail. I've never heard of having to have a separate prize for each entry method.

Nobody in my school has a Twitter. Everyone has a Facebook. At least to the younger audience, Facebook is the more popular platform.. Although, I do agree with the Colonel. I hate Cedar Fair's parks' FB pages! Way too hard to navigate when compared to the former.

Edit: Why draw out thee contest all day when you can ask a question at 3 and at 3:01 announce the winners.

Also watch Twitter take over Social Media supremacy. Facebook keeps making customers mad with constant changes and a lack of privacy.

Well the morning and afternoon thing was just an example. I was just saying you could do one at one time and one at another. Also, there are a lot of people who use Facebook and not Twitter. Some of these people had Facebook first and didn't feel the need to fool with another social media outlet. I'm one of those people. However, I don't feel like we should be excluded just because we don't feel like Tweeting our life away when a contest such as this could be just as easily run on Facebook also. Especially since Kings Island is also on Facebook. Why would they exclude their Facebook fans for the contests they run? Just doesn't make sense to me.

If you were the park, why would you post a contest on a page (Facebook) where the people that follow you are ignorant bafoons who care about nothing more than "BRING BAK DA SUN OF TEH BEEST OR IM SPEND NO MONEY IN PARK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" If you look on the Things People Say on Facebook thread, you see that FB is full of a ton of bull crap, and a contest is a waste of time there. I guess the more grateful crowd that is Twitter should get the contest, but why can't the people who are on Kings Island's email list get information like "The Crypt has reached the end of its service life. It will be replaced by a new Haunt addition." ?

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that Kings Island needs to reach out to its fans better thru use of diverse outlets.

I agree, Twitter's lame. I think you should be able to enter through Facebook as well. Why can't they post these trivia questions to the Facebook wall also?

Then people without Facebook would complain they can't answer through mailing in letters or through the pony express.

Facebook is quickly dying.

• Like 1

Listen Everyone....Why be so harsh on Kings Island for having a contest on Twitter? If this thread hadn't been created, you'd still would have gone on about your day and not known anything about it. Kings Island had a contest in April that gave away 40 prizes on Twitter. #kingsisland40 I never saw anybody be upset about that.

We're in a Drawing to win a Case of Crave Milk...enough to fill the front seat of The Beast, Four Free Tickets to KI and Food Vouchers. I'd love to Win this to bring my elderly parents to watch the shows. They can't ride anymore. They said they would love to swim if I won. LOL.

I was lucky to Win on Monday. So, the more you delay, the less chance you'll have in Winning!!! I'm mellowshroombri. I picked the name when I worked in Gatlinburg last year @ The Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers. I NEVER win anything and Twitter has been good to me.

7597221118_dc7856920d_z.jpg

Twitter Kings Island Crave Contest Winners by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

There's likely a very good reason why the contest is not on Facebook. Facebook apparently has very strict rules about contests that severely restrict how they can be run there. Whoever runs HW's Facebook page has mentioned those restrictions several times as explanation for why they don't do contests there or even mention other place's Twitter contests beyond just saying "go to our Twitter to find information on some contests". From what I understand (and I may very well be wrong about this), Facebook's rules only permit pages to run contests through a custom, paid app.

There's likely a very good reason why the contest is not on Facebook. Facebook apparently has very strict rules about contests that severely restrict how they can be run there. Whoever runs HW's Facebook page has mentioned those restrictions several times as explanation for why they don't do contests there or even mention other place's Twitter contests beyond just saying "go to our Twitter to find information on some contests". From what I understand (and I may very well be wrong about this), Facebook's rules only permit pages to run contests through a custom, paid app.

Yep. I'm in charge of social media for my company and Facebook does have specific rules about running contests. You are allowed to, but they have to be run through a third party app or have the sign up/entry page on a server separate from Facebook. The rules are a little tricky (and ridiculous) really. I guess that might explain why KI doesn't run contests through Facebook. If you don't follow all the rules, your page can get shut down. I guess it's easier just not to do it, which is kind of a shame.