Kings Dominion Teaser

... Read what we've posted.

Looks like they'll also get a "Linus' Launcher" / Phantom Flyers, a miniature teacup ride, a Lucy's Tugboat (miniature Surf Dog), even a Woodstock's Whirlybirds, but with rockets instead of helicopters...

EDIT: This will look beautiful in Kings Dominion, and actually was overdue. KidzVille was HUGE while Planet Snoopy was (I kid you not) three rides. It makes sense for Planet Snoopy to absorb KidzVille, and I actually had expected that to happen when the area first got its Planet Snoopy overlay. Still, this will look great.

The world record thing, though, NEEDS to be reigned in. Imagine the countless Kings Dominion fans who, despite logic, are disappointed today by this "record." It's too much. Way too much. Even the public is catching on that this is no world record, and the era of trigger words and meaningless "first of its kind in the Midwest" really needs to slow down.

The whole announcement was met with what one might call a "smattering" of applause that even got the speaker to say, "You can applaud, you know!" I'm sure that at least a portion of the visitors there expected a thrill ride, so who can blame them? "Breaking world records." Come on.

• Like 4

Imagine the countless Kings Dominion fans who, despite logic, are disappointed today by this "record." It's too much.

I'm sure one or two KV enthusiasts will! :P I believe that 2 kids parks in one park is too much, although some sort of new rollercoaster would of suited me better, but thats just economics!

How was this bad marketing? They created hype for their new addition in 2013 just like they wanted to. Just because it isn't what some people automatically assumed it was going to be doesn't mean it was bad marketing.

"Breaking records again"?

They added a rocket to it...how is that Planet Snoopy related?

Then the countdown started awhile back...which gave a lot more time for people to get excited.

Also, I edited my post before for Terpy. :P

Imagine the countless Kings Dominion fans who, despite logic, are disappointed today by this "record." It's too much.

I'm sure one or two KV enthusiasts will! :P I believe that 2 kids parks in one park is too much, although some sort of new rollercoaster would of suited me better, but thats just economics!

Cedar Point has 4! Personally, I love the way that the kids' parks are spaced out.

Happy that Kings Dominion is getting this. Sounds as if their kids' area was lacking.

• 2 months later...

well i personally think that after hearing they were going to break records i got really excited. But now that i know its just a Planet Snoopy redo thingy i'm pretty bummed.

But it looks like theyre not keeping Intimidator 305 next year:

http://www.planetsnoopy.com/kingsdominion/parkmap.cfm

or at least according to their new map... :lol:

How was this bad marketing? They created hype for their new addition in 2013 just like they wanted to. Just because it isn't what some people automatically assumed it was going to be doesn't mean it was bad marketing.

"Breaking records again"?

They added a rocket to it...how is that Planet Snoopy related?

Then the countdown started awhile back...which gave a lot more time for people to get excited.

Also, I edited my post before for Terpy. :P

The rocket was going to Planet Snoopy...

Nevermind. You know what I mean.

DSCN0328.JPG

• Like 1

How? Intimidator 305 is all about speed, insane positive and negative g's, and twisty-ness. Diamondback is about floater air, mediocre positives and negatives, and it's an out and back. They don't even have the same theme or paint scheme--Diamondback is, well, a snake. 305 is centered around a racing theme.

Really, all the two have in common is clearcutting and red track.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
The theme park, which is off Interstate 95 in Hanover County near the Caroline County line, wants to hire a child between the ages of 6 and 10 to report on the multi-million-dollar addition. The “KidCaster reporter” will visit the park once a month between January and April to report on the construction progress for Kings Dominion’s YouTube channel and Facebook and Twitter pages. People can apply at kingsdominion.com through Jan. 7.

http://news.fredericksburg.com/businessbrowser/2012/12/18/kings-dominion-announces-new-rides/

• Like 1