Soak City 8-12-12

ohiocolts

So, it’s been quite a short time sense I last wrote a trip report, 2 days to be exact. But, my friend Nathan said I could come to Soak City with him today. Now, this might not be completely accurate, because if you know, I write what I rode and stuff in the notes application on my iPod, which I do not bring into the water park. So, I wrote what I remembered down when I got back to the car. Ok, here I go.

We left later than I was hoping, (10:30AM, a planned 10:15AM, but Nathan and his family can be late) and we got there around 10:50. I was determined today to ride the 3 water slides I still have never rode at Soak City today, which are Mondo Monsoon, Tropical Twister, Rendezvous Run. I first headed to Mondo Monsoon with Nathan and his dad. There was a short line, which was about 5 minutes. I was kind of freaking out. I even asked the ride op my chances of dying on the slide. He said 50%. And he added because it’s either you do, or you don’t.

First, we entered into the wide tunnel under a freezing cold waterfall. It was pretty dark, and then there was a fun drop, and around the funnel. At the top of the funnel, the freezing cold water splashed on you. Brrrrr. Other than the water being freezing cold, it was a very fun ride. Nathan wanted to head to the Wave Pool, so we went into Tidal Wave Bay. The water was kind of cold, but not so much compared to Mondo Monsoons water. We stayed in for a couple rounds of waves, than my friend talked me into going on Rendezvous Run.

We got our rafts and walked up the stairs. There was about a 5 minute wait. I was a bit scared for this too. First, there was a fast downward helix tunnel, with these really cool lights. Then, you could see the outside, and had a nice drop. Now, I really liked that slide. Me and Nathan rode it again. About another 5 minute wait, and another fun ride. We then headed to Paradise Plunge. There was about a 5 minute wait, and it was a fun ride.

Nathan than wanted to do Tropical Twister, and I decided to just stay back for a round and for him to tell me how it was. He said it was awesome, not much else. So, I went on. It was walk on. Well, I’m not sure if I really like it or not. It was wicked, I’ll say that. Its fast, I had a huge airtime bump, and at the end, it was so fast and forceful I kind of wanted it to end. Despite that, I guess it was a fun slide. Very intense. Nathan wanted to ride it again, so I went along. I went on the dark blue this time. It seemed a bit less something, but was still pretty intense, and gave me that “End It!” feeling at the end.

After that ride, I and Nathan went to the chairs where his family should be sitting, and we went to go get pizza. Their family split a pizza, and I got myself a pizza combo. After we enjoyed our food, all of us (Me, Nathan, Nathan’s dad, Emma, Nathans 8 year old sister, and her twin Owen) except for Nathan’s mom headed to Splash River. We waited a few minutes, and got in a tube. The water was cold, so I was playing dodge the obstacles, but Nathan was playing get Lucas under the obstacles so he gets wet. Despite the cold, it was a nice lap on Splash River.

Me and Nathan than split up because he wanted to do Tropical Twister again. It was walk on, and another crazy ride. We then headed to Pineapple Pipeline. There was no line, and I went on orange. It’s very forceful, and hurts my back a little. Still kind of fun. Nathan wanted to try the green middle slide, so I went up with him and went on the yellow slide. Still very forceful, but not as much as the orange. He said he liked it, but doesn’t want to do it again. But he wanted to do the orange slide, so we went up again for another walk on, and I went on yellow.

After that, we headed in the pool by Splash Landing (Not sure what it is called). We stayed for around 5 minutes, and then we did a few of the Splash Landing kiddie slides. We did the orange first, and it was about a 5 minute wait. Nice little ride. We then waited a couple minutes for the small blue one. Again, nice little slide. Right now, it seemed most major slides (Except PP and TT, which we just did) had long lines. We hadn’t done Zoom Flume all day, so we headed to its line.

Its line was pretty long. The line also moved slower than I would have hoped. I’m guessing it was about a 40 minute wait. It was a boring wait. We did have a fun ride, but not sure if it was worth 40 minutes. Fun slide. We now headed to our chairs, and talked with Nathan’s family. We decided to go to Tidal Wave Bay one more time. We stayed in there for a while, around 5 rounds of waves. We all had a nice time in Tidal Wave Bay. Then, it was time to go.

A couple of notes:

*It’s nice that I finally have ridden all the water slides at Soak City. What better year to do it than its year of upgrades!

*I’m not sure if water slides hardly ever close down that much, but everything seemed to be open.

*Rendezvous Run is my new favorite water slide at Soak City!

Thanks for reading!

• Like 5

My first ride on Rendezvous Run was pretty funny. It wasnt called that when I rode it though, it was still BB. Sooo....

We got in line for it. It looked like a five minute wait. If you have been to BB, you know the aulstailian guy who talks (animated voice) about the safty rules. Apperently, I was standing right next to the speakers, unawear, beacuse they blend in with the white paint. Well The aulstrailian guys voice comes BLASTING into my ear. It scared the LIVING DAYLIGHTS out of me! My legs colapse out of fright, and my head lands buried in my arms. And I BUST out laughing so hard! Everyone else was too. :lol:

• Like 6

So that was the crowd at the park, well I guess I saw CoasterGeek! I was at the SC also, it was a moderately cooler day than others, great to hear that your day was great also. To Original, the aussie was Crocodile Dundee, also Australian, and I believe I saw that, once or twice...

My first ride on Rendezvous Run was pretty funny. It wasnt called that when I rode it though, it was still BB. Sooo....

We got in line for it. It looked like a five minute wait. If you have been to BB, you know the aulstailian guy who talks (animated voice) about the safty rules. Apperently, I was standing right next to the speakers, unawear, beacuse they blend in with the white paint. Well The aulstrailian guys voice comes BLASTING into my ear. It scared the LIVING DAYLIGHTS out of me! My legs colapse out of fright, and my head lands buried in my arms. And I BUST out laughing so hard! Everyone else was too. :lol:

I remember you telling me about that! I still laugh at the story!

Glad you had a great time in Soak City, ohiocolts. I finally stepped foot into Soak City today and I thought the new waterpark looks great! I feel stupid that I missed out on short lines and small crowds and forgot to bring a swim suit! I too haven't gone on Rendezvous Run. Only slide I haven't gone on. Sounds great! Glad you had a Soak City day!

Nah, doesn't work.

• Like 1