Bounce House Injuries Ballooning

Im still going to take my kids to the local indoor bounce house,its the best exercise we get! We practice all safety rules and i never take them when i know its going to be crowded! I always bounce around with my kids to keep an eye on things and i wish more parents would,some of them just become glued to their phone and dont care. :(

I wish I could get paid to report these kind of "findings". What a shock that injuries have been going up right along with the increase of bouncehouse's popularity.

I haven't even bothered to actually do the research...but my "finding" is that skateboarders have a greater risk of serious injury than cornhole players...but in one of my seperate "findings"...cornhole related injuries have been on the rise over the last few years. :rolleyes:

When I was a kid... "bouncehouses" were known as "moonwalks" and would occasionally show up as a special attraction at the local mall. They've been around for a LONG time... just not in everyone's back yard. :-)

As a side note... when I was a kid, I begged and begged my parents for a trampoline. My cousins had one, and I was in love with it. I never got one.

Then, a star college athlete from our church broke his neck after falling off of one and was paralyzed for life.

As an adult, I am so very grateful that my parents never relented to my begging. There's no way I'd allow my kids (if I had them) to even get on one.

• Like 5

Most of the injuries from inflatable are caused from falling onto a hard surface or a strong wind blowing the inflatable away, or worse, up in the air. Sometimes a rip will cause the one to deflate suddenly, and in a design like a slide, that's a far fall.

As long as indoor bounces are inspected, and safety concerns, such as having soft mats about, I don't see them as a great threat. Of course, all,inflatable should be inspected regularly for wear spots, and all outdoor bounces shoud be thoroughly tied down.

I go through my life looking at things and thinking "What can go wrong?" Because if something can possibly go wrong, it will do so around my family.

• Like 3