Kings Island 5-19-13 and 5-20-13 Double PTR

ohiocolts

Last Sunday, I, my mom, and my sister headed to Kings Island for Brady Bunch Day. It was foggy and cool at the start of the day.

IMG_2643_zps813614e3.jpg

IMG_2645_zpsff93378a.jpg

IMG_2646_zps670ea82b.jpg

We got there at about 9, a half hour before ERT, and I was shocked to see a long line for the entrance.

IMG_2647_zps3a65afe1.jpg

IMG_2651_zps2ccadfd3.jpg

IMG_2652_zps85c1dfd1.jpg

IMG_2653_zps8c79ff4a.jpg

IMG_2656_zps38dd74bd.jpg

IMG_2658_zps13d5ad43.jpg

So, after about 20 minutes, the gates opened up. A line formed for Gold Pass entrance, which opened in about 5 minutes.

IMG_2659_zpsd65be000.jpg

ERT started, and we headed off to Diamondback. We waited just about a cycle to get on. The ride was tons of fun, as always. When we got off, I was

surprised that there was already a line for Diamondback during ERT, which told me it was going to be a busy day.

IMG_2667_zpsa1904c9e.jpg

After this, we decided to head to the world’s longest wooden roller coaster.

IMG_2670_zpsc8817241.jpg

We waited a couple of cycles before getting on. It was a nice, awesome, fast ride. When exiting, we could hear the national anthem playing over the loudspeakers. So, we decided to head over to Flight of Fear. Of course, it was closed. They didn’t want to ride Firehawk, so we headed to The Racer.

We passed a few news trucks (Channels 9 and 19) on the way. We rode on the only open Red side. We waited about a cycle and got a fun airtime filled ride on The Racer! We thought about then heading to Adventure Express, but that was closed too. We ended up going to Delirium, and waiting about 5 minutes. A good ride to check out construction for a few seconds, before being forced back down.

Next, my sister and I headed for Drop Tower.

IMG_2679_zps1125f09c.jpg

IMG_2680_zps525f3c45.jpg

I thought we would get on the next cycle, but the Fast Laners proved me wrong, and we were just short. We got on the cycle after that, and had a fun ride. Another good ride to check out construction on.

IMG_2686_zps46cc76c2.jpg

I stopped by the construction site for a split second.

IMG_2687_zps92b95f26.jpg

We decided to get 1 more ride in before heading to The Brady Bunch show, and Lucy wanted to do Viking Fury. We walked onto Viking Fury and had a good ride. We then decided to head to The Brady Bunch show.

There was a huge line that had already formed for the show. I didn’t expect to see this big of a line a whole hour before the show started.

IMG_2689_zps491ebfb3.jpg

The line stretched passed the KI Hall of Fame.

IMG_2692_zpsafa3a052.jpg

We waited for my dad to come, and he did in a little bit. At about 11:45, the line started to move.

IMG_2695_zps618cc751.jpg

IMG_2696_zps6dd710ca.jpg

IMG_2697_zpsf5c0370d.jpg

IMG_2698_zpsb7f4fa57.jpg

We found 4 seats in the very back row to sit in. It was a really good show, with lots of singing by Barry Williams (Greg), lots of old clips, and more.

IMG_2711_zps760caa89.jpg

It was hard for me to get a good picture. Here’s a video with some clips from the show.

Dad then wanted to head to Adventure Express, so we headed there. The wait was about 15 minutes, and almost had the whole queue filled up. The

ride was lots of fun! After that, my dad headed home, as he was to have a rough day of coaster riding the next day.

We decided to get a little something to eat. I wasn’t that hungry and we ended up going to Coca-Cola Marketplace. I got some watermelon. While it wasn’t’ the best, it was nice to eat considering it was hot outside now. When we were walking we ran into one of Lucy’s friends. They talked a bit, before we decided to drop Lucy off with them for a while.

This was a big plus, cause as usual, she was being very rude and cranky. We decided to try to meet up with Beastie1980, and found her in line for Delirium. During this time, I decided to check out the construction site for a bit.

IMG_2720-1_zps342f407e.jpg

IMG_2721-1_zps30657e85.jpg

We also got some water. We met Beastie1980, her friend, her mom, and her dad. We wanted to do Invertigo, but they didn’t want to wait in the line. We decided to head towards Flight of Fear.

On the way, we stopped for a ride on the Blue Racer due to its short 5 minute wait. It was a great ride. When we got to Flight of Fear, and estimated wait time of 1 hour was posted. I didn’t mind waiting for it, but Melissa decided not to. She wouldn’t wait in it. But, my mom kind of thought the way the crowds were that the routine would be heading to a ride but backing out because of the long line, so my mom and I decided to ride.

All of the outdoor switchbacks were filled.

IMG_2739_zpsc39869ea.jpg

IMG_2740_zps73f5a15b.jpg

IMG_2744_zpsd9c0fea8.jpg

I was happy to see when I entered no extra queue indoors being used. We watched the movie and continues thru the line.

IMG_2755_zps482bb109.jpg

IMG_2756_zps316afba7.jpg

IMG_2757-1_zpsbf4ed342.jpg

IMG_2759_zpsc65fc587.jpg

There seemed to be a new routine, I’m not sure if it’s new for this year or just for today. But we were stopped when we got to the top of the steps in the flying saucer, and that’s were Fast Lane line and standby line merged together. At least with this routine, I walked right on to the ride after this. The total wait was about 45 minutes. It was an epic ride on Flight of Fear!

My mom and I were getting hungry, so we stopped at Potato Works in Coney Mall for some chicken tenders. We decided to take them to the Festhaus due to the hot temps. When we walked into the Festhaus, Rock ‘n’ Roll Never Forgets was playing. They were singing short bits of Michael Jackson songs. It was a nice show, for the 5 minutes of it we saw. Just as the show finished and we finished our chicken, XGatorHead8904 showed up. We talked for a short bit about the day and how he liked Gatekeeper and stuff. We were going to leave soon, so we suggested heading up the Eiffel Tower, so we all headed there.

We walked right on to Eiffel Tower when it was filling up. We got to the top, and I took a few pictures.

IMG_2766_zps913a13e7.jpg

IMG_2767_zps80d66b16.jpg

IMG_2768_zps4f088607.jpg

IMG_2769_zpsef9285e1.jpg

IMG_2770_zpsbd6c32bb.jpg

IMG_2773-1_zps93895c48.jpg

IMG_2774_zps3df9770f.jpg

IMG_2776_zps43da6509.jpg

IMG_2779_zpsf0ca19c4.jpg

So, after about 5 minutes of looking around, we headed down. We said goodbye to Gary and met up with Lucy at the front gate. We headed home to meet my dad and his friend, who is blind, and was heading to Kings Island the next day. Here’s a video from the day.

I was to be in school most of the next day, but I still got to the park for about an hour or so in the evening, which brings me to…

Part 2: Monday, June 20th, 2013

I got to the park around 3:30ish, and was with my mom and sister, while my dad was with his friend who is blind, Jed, in the festhaus.

IMG_2786_zps9ac55bdf.jpg

They already changed the Brady Bunch poster thing.

IMG_2787_zps22e376c7.jpg

We found them finishing up ice cream. Jed talked about some of his favorite coasters from the day and stuff. We headed to Diamondback, one of his favorites from the day. The line was a total of about 10 minutes, and there was no separator in the station, which made it crowded. Jed rode with me, and he had to have his hand on my shoulder so he could know where he was, and not run into anything. It was a really FUN ride!

We then decided to head to The Beast, if the line wasn’t too long (sounding familiar?). We stopped by the Reds hall of fame Grille, because when we visited on Opening Day, we took the wrong receipt or something, and were not able to give the waiter a tip. Apparently, the waiter wasn’t here, so we decided we might pay when we come back next time.

IMG_2798_zpsaee14cd3.jpg

IMG_2799_zpsddc472ff.jpg

There was a lot of people getting into line for The Beast, but we realized there wasn’t really a line though, and it was just a station wait. It was a great ride! Then, my dad had to head out to meet up with Jed’s friend, who was going to take him back home, as I had a baseball game soon. So, I was Jed’s guide.

IMG_2800_zpsa3e6802c.jpg

IMG_2801_zps39bfade1.jpg

Sure, I wasn’t the best guide, I actually ran him into a recycling bin on the way to Dodgems. But I could’ve been way worse. Dodgems was a literal walk on, and something Jed hasn’t rode today. Think about it, a blind guy, on Dodgems. When I was riding, I saw him going in a lot of circles. It was funny.
It was a good ride. We then had time for one more ride, which ended up being the Red Racer. It was just a station wait, and a fun ride as well! I also… uhh… ran him into a couple poles in The Racer line. So, we then headed out of the park and I headed to my game. (Which was a thrilling finish, we won 9-8) Here’s a video from Monday.

A couple of notes:

*I didn’t notice anything down for long-term during one of the days.

*It’s different navigating somebody who is blind.

*Sorry for the delay in reports, as soon as schools out they should come quicker after trips.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 7

Great Trip Report. I always have great respect for someone who will take their time to a write a good thorough PTR. I never do because mine would be bland and pathetic because I wouldn't put in the time.

Great job!

EDIT: Sorry but I had to make a comment on the construction picture you posted. It really looks like an out and back style coaster like DB where it would have a Hammerhead or something where SoBs Rose Bowl was.

When Im bored I will look at the pictures and try to imagine a probably coaster that will go there. Im having trouble seeing how the queue, entrance, station, and transfer track will fit where TA was.

Edited by KI FANATIC 37
  • Like 2