New Characters For 2004?

Dino2003

Okay Since PKI nolonger has the Classic Characters of HB what NICK characters will we see in 2004? Bob the Builder is Popular.... So is the Fairly odd parents... Spongebob is still Popular than ever he will be even more Popular when the The SpongeSquare Pants movie comes out ...Wanst there a Patrick Star Walk Around Character last year at PKI? Scooby Doo is also Popular i dont think PKI will Get a actor to play Fred Or a Actress to play as Daphane anytime soon ..i was just wondering Which Characters will we see in Nick Central/HB land in 2004?

cool.gif

Edited by Dino2003

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO NICK JR CRAP PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE. I don't see how people lower themselfs down to do this stuff! I had to sit though 5 min's of that crap yesterday and I wanted to slit my wrists. Most of it like little bill is southpark without the humor or storyline(paper doll animation). The "real people" who host this crap should be shot. NO MORE SUBSTANDARD ANIMATION! *runs out window screaming*

In other words I hope not. The park knows how annoying those characters are. I say use more of what they have. Use the nick toons. Not the excuse for parenting thats on Nick till like 2pm. Please if anyone in Entertainment is listening use what you have! The half way decent shows like rocket power,SBSP,wild thronberries ect ect. Bring in Uncle daves characters from wonder world (from Berverly Hills cop 3). ANTHING BUT NICK JR STUFF *JUMPS OFF CLIFF*

I definitely agree with the no Nick Jr. crap. But, in terms of new characters next year, I would not be surprised to see a character or two from the Fairly Odd Parents, for they seem to be really popular at the moment.

im with you with no more nick jr charaters. Fairly odd Parents Are in

Edited by PKI_man

I Really Really Really would love to see Squidward or Mr. Krabs they Kick so much ass! or Bob The Builder i think Bob is Kick ass to me Bob isnt that annoying like the other nick jr shows...The Fairly Oddparents are Pretty cool...but i would like to see Squidward or Mr.Krabs ... Iam not sure what characters we will see in 2004 but iam sure PKI Will make the Kiddies happy and the Kids at heart happy!

Ya know i really liked seeing the HB characters more than the Nick characters but since times do change i have grown to like the Nick characters the only Nicktoon shows i watch are Spongebob Squarepants,Fairlyodd parents,Rugrats,All Grown Up,Angery Beavers....thats about it i would like to see Someone from Spongebob or Mybe the Angery Beavers

The A-A-Angry Beeeavers...that was a hilarous show. Bob the Builder would probably be easier to do that the Angry Beavers. The thing is, some of these shows that have famous characters take a real quick life...some are a huge hit and then six months later, nobody even remembers them.

Many don't have those depressing lives, but for the ones that do, it's bad times.

Fairly Oddparents seems to be the current "hot" cartoon on Nick and it would be cool to see them in the park. But just because Nick broadcasts the cartoon, doesn't mean they have the rights to use the characters in the park. The majority of cartoons are designed by independent companies or individuals and then broadcast rights are sold. Good example is when MTV (a Viacom company) aired a new version of Spiderman this past summer. It's a sure bet there will be no Spiderman chararacters in the park just because a Viacom owned station aired the show.

Some cartoonists hold on to the rights of their characters very closely. Remember Calvin & Hobbes? Bill Watterson refused to allow the characters to be used for anything. And the Dr. Suess characters were only licensed out after the artists death.

biggrin.gif Let me Tell you a LIL story behind what MTV wanted The SPIDER- MAN SERIES TO BE ....True MTV Does have a Spider-Man TV show based off of the Hit movie..They only got the Rights because they Struck a deal with Marvel and Sony Pictures...but MTV wanted the Spider-man Series to be Violent and wanted it to be more adult Marvel said no to MTV because Marvel wanted it to be for Family veiwing just like Spider-man has all ways been....So MTV asked if they could get the rights to make a TOON series about One of Marvel Comics most Violent heros....BLADE...Marvel sold the rights to MTV and Now MTV is making a TV cartoon series about Blade so far the Series is set to hit the small screen in Fall 2004...But besides that i agree with you 100% iam in college myself trying to become a Cartoonist...Yeah i would still like to see The Fairly odd parents...Or some Characters from Spongebob in pki...as far as Rides go i wanna See Spongebobs BoatMobiles!!!!....Have a Nice Day cool.gif Edited by Dino2003

Yeah thats cool and all Dino but i would like to see more Spongebob Characters in Nick Central Fairly Oddparents are cool and all but i think Spongebob is Better and has better appeal to adults and young kids...But i will Agree with you on the Spongebob Boat mobiles i seen that in the Nick Central in Paramounts Great America PKI should put one of those in iam sure the Kiddies would love it...They Could take out Dick Dastardlys Biplanes and put it there right next to the Pathway to the New Boomerrang bay!!! smile.gif

Yeah i guess PKI and the other Paramount Parks could use some more Female Characters....maybe they will add more Characters when they Expand Nick Central if they ever do...i would really like to see Bob the Builder or The Fairly Oddparents smile.gif

Edited by Dino2003

I would assume something like that. When PKI runs TV commercials, they always have clips of kids and the characters. Maybe that would be a good way to introduce new charcters? The problem is that they would have to find a way to film those clips in the park with people.

How would they do it? Would they film them at another year-round park and not show any rides? Would they bring in a bunch of people on a nice clear warm day to PKI before the season opens?

I could see how it would be easy if the park was already open, but how would it be easy if the season hadn't started?

All you need are a few willing people and/or associates to pretend it's the middle of the summer...Doesn't even have to be warm - dress in shorts & t-shirts anyway and pretend it's warm. cool.gif Pulling together a new promo would be a piece of cake...

Side Note: How ya been Yogi? Long time no talk! tongue.gif

Edited by SML828

Trust me filming the clips isnt hard............and yes there will most likely new characters.............I can almost guarantee it. Im not thrilled with the additions but what can i say, I miss the bear.

BTW its good to be back.

I truly MISS the Hanna-Barbera characters. Yogi Bear, Cindy Bear, Bobo, Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble, Jabber Jaw, Snaglepuss, Captain Caveman, and others lightened up my day at PKI. I grew up with Hanna-Barbera characters and am sad that only Scooby Doo remains.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

I`ll always remember being chased through Hanna Barbera Land by a character, I don`t remember or know his name. I think maybe it was Snagglepuss. The character had tan legs and the rest of it was covered with tan and brown hair. Well, when I was up there, maybe in 1999 or 2000, this character chased us all the way from The Beastie to the restroom near the Busytown Grill. Good times and memories, unfortunatly memories like that can`t be made with only Scooby!

Edited by CoasterRZ

True the EVER popular Scooby-Doo Remains Yeah i miss the Classics as well Chef...i mostly Miss the Smurfs but anywho... The Smurfs Have a Movie coming out here soon ( Which the Smurfs Movie will be a Cartoon like Monsters inc,Finding Nemo,Toy Story,Jimmy Neutron)but any ways.....Why doesnt PKI just shoot a Promo it wouldnt cost that much would it? huh.gif

Edited by Scooby_Doo

I`ll always remember being chased through Hanna Barbera Land by a character, I don`t remember or know his name. I think maybe it was Snagglepuss. The character had tan legs and the rest of it was covered with tan and brown hair. Well, when I was up there, maybe in 1999 or 2000, this character chased us all the way from The Beastie to the restroom near the Busytown Grill. Good times and memories, unfortunatly memories like that can`t be made with only Scooby!

Snagglepuss was pink...Everyone always called him the Pink Panther...

Are you talking about Cavey (Captain Caveman)? I know he likes to chase people!

I miss the HBs also - never really liked Jabber Jaws, but definitely Fred/Barney/Yogi/Boo-Boo/Quickdraw/Dino/Huckleberry and Astro was one of my favs!

I think if that Smurfs movie comes out they should bring them back...but I don't think it's that easy...If I remember right, they were a totally separate contract from the HB Characters. Talking about the Smurfs always reminds me of seeing Papa Smurfs head sitting in the back of PT years after the Smurfs were out of the park. Kinda creepy!? blink.gif

The rights to the Smurfs is (or was) held by Peyo. HB worked out a deal with Peyo to do the TV show and bring the characters to the parks. Even when the Smurfs were shown on commercials, there would be a "TM of Peyo" at the bottom of the screen. If I remember right, the Smurf characters who walked around disappeared befor Smurf's Enchanted Voyage was removed.

By the way I did a Google for "Smurf Movie" and found a link to the The Lost Episode. Uhhhhh......not what I was expecting.

Also, how could anyone confuse Captain Caveman with Snagglepuss?

Yeah i miss the Smurfs...i had Good times on The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage with my Family...i miss Sitting on the Bench with the Smurf Statues eating my Smurf Blue ice Cream ahhhh good times...as for the Smurfs Movie this is the Only Info i have on it so far....New Line Cinema Entertainment got the Rights to the Lil blue Dudes..And it will be a 3D MOVIE like TOY STORY and FINDING NEMO iam also sure it will look awsome on the big screen There also might be a Smurfs 3D Cartoon Series after the Movie so keep your Eyes open The Smurfs are making there Return!...as for Characters chasing People In Kings Island Captain Caveman always Chased me and gave me Kisses LOL!...I miss seeing Fred Flintstone....Barney...YOGI...BOOBOO!..the Nick characters are cool but its not the same Feeling like the HB characters gave you! ph34r.gifcool.gif

Edited by Scooby_Doo