Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kings Island: Saturday, October 25

Featured Replies

Wow, I have finally got around to doing this trip report. If you have read my other trip report, you know that I go down the list of rides, I rode and rate them. I am going to do the same thing here.

After about a 30 minute drive up from Newport, Kentucky (where my grandparents live), we arrived at Kings Island. My dad wanted to go to The Beast immediately, it has been and always will be his favorite coaster, after all. It was down to a one train wait, which I love. Anyway, you guys know how The Beast is: long, rough and fun. It was EASILY the best wooden coaster I have ever ridden. 8.5/10.

Once that wild ride was over, we went over to Diamondback, the tallest coaster in the park. Diamondback is definitely better than Intimidator (Sorry Mer!), it just has a better, twistier layout. I also like the splashdown, that is pretty sick if you ask me. 8.25/10

Next up was good ol' Vortex. Oh, and by the way, I just want to quickly thank Homestar92 for spreading the awesomeness of 7-1. I love you for that. Nothing beats that airtime, not even all of DB's airtime combined. This ride is definitely better than Carolina Cyclone. I give it an 8/10

By this time it was past 12 o'clock so we decided to go to LaRosa's for a pizza. I really don't know why you guys don't like it at the park, it tasted fine to me...

My brother, dad, and grandfather wanted to go ride Firehawk but there was NO WAY I was waiting in that line, I wanted to ride The Racer. Convincing my mom to ride with me though, that was hard. On the ride, she decided it would be a good idea to scream into my ear. I also rode this ride at night with my dad, that was more fun. To be honest though, I think Thunder Road at Carowinds is better, it has more airtime. 7/10

Mom also wanted to ride the Dodgem's which was more her speed. They are just your average bumper cars, nothing all that special. 6/10

After meeting back up, we all wanted to go ride Banshee, which turned out being out longest wait of the day at 45 minutes. It was definitely worth it though. I love you Afterburn, but Banshee's length, inline-twist, and theming give it a slight edge. 8.75/10

I don't really remember what happened after this, or why we sat around for so long when we could have been riding rides. My brother and I rode The Bat though. Riding in the back was a mistake though, making it not so much of a "non-stop fright." Should have rode in the front. 7.5/10

The best mine train out there was next. Adventure Express. And must I say, this thing is jerky! It was still fun though. Way better than Carolina Goldrusher. 7.5/10

Hank's Burrito Shack is awesome! Oh, and thank you lady behind us who let us use her gold pass to save some money.

After this we really just walked around for a bit and then left. I hope I can come back to KI next year!

I hope you can, too!

It's always great to see Kings Island through the eyes of a visitor whose homepark is elsewhere.

Thanks so much for posting the trip report. Even more, thanks so much for being a part of KIC!

Many here will see you at Carowinds next year!

Nice report. Also thumbs up for Hanks Burrito shack, just the smells make my mouth water. We might eat there when we go to Kings Island tomorrow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.