Labor Day Visit

italianchef

Today I went to PKI with my friend Boddah and we lucked out because there was hardly anyone in the park. We go to ride FoF 3 times, The Beast twice, Adventure Express 4 times, Delirium once, SpongeBob 3D once, and TR:TR once. All that plus lunch at Mandarin Cuisine - and we left by 3 PM. While there we met Shadow and his younger brother too.

Thanks to overcast - I had a great day at PKI. Go lousy weather!

Sincerely,

Italian Chef

Today was a great day in the Park. While I didn't do too much riding today, I was mostly just hanging out with some friends, it was a nice day to be at the Park. I picked up a map on the way out, there is an advertisement for FearFest and one of its new attractions called Rt. 666. Could they possibly be turning the Antique Cars into a haunted attraction this year? Sounds like a neat idea to me.

- Todd

If the Rt. 666 attraction if it is what is predicted it sounds really cool!

Hopefully they add some new and exciting attractions as well as some of the others, but after you've been through them a couple of years in a row they get old and predictable. Still lots of fun though.

Italian Chef and others who were lucky enough to go to PKI this weekend-I'm glad you had a good time, I wish I could have been there also. Anything would have been better than sitting in a camper in the rain for the last 3 days. Thought about going on the 28th of September but since it has been added as a bring a friend free day I'm going to stay away, instead I'll wait until Fearfest and come for a couple of days then. Everyone stay dry!! rolleyes.gif

lol...first of all, if you want to get technical, most of the radical religious groups believe the number of beast is 6, the mark of The Beast looks kind of like a UPC code. If you have a problem with it, go to GR... hopefully they'll just tell you the same thing that I'm going to tell you, and that is: :::SMACK!::: and when you're crying, taunt you with "wah wah wah". biggrin.gif

Anyway, Chef was right. Today was an excellent day in the park. I felt bad because I was wearing an Arrow Dynamics shirt and the first thing we did was marathon Flight of Fear a bunch of times. I wonder if that's wrong to do or not...

The Chef talked me into eating at the Chinese restaurant on I-Street. Boy was that stuff great! I highly, highly recommend that you try it if you haven't eaten there. Their staff is extremely nice and the food is 110% excellent. I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to settle for LaRosa's pizza slices again. You can eat a plentiful meal with a drink there for about $10. It sounds like a lot, but if you add up the money that you spend at the Festhaus, it's about the same. I'd say you get more bang for your buck there.

Anyway, Chef and I rode TR:TR for the first time since the filmings in late June. I'm willing to say that I'm still tired of the ride. cool.gif

So I guess getting there early really pays off. We rode a fair amount of rides in 4 hours before the crowds picked up.

Anyway Todd, it's a shame that we didn't see eachother there. Have a good day everyone.

-Ryan

lol...first of all, if you want to get technical, most of the radical religious groups believe the number of beast is 6, the mark of The Beast looks kind of like a UPC code.  If you have a problem with it, go to GR... hopefully they'll just tell you the same thing that I'm going to tell you, and that is: :::SMACK!::: and when you're crying, taunt you with "wah wah wah".  biggrin.gif

Anyway, Chef was right.  Today was an excellent day in the park.  I felt bad because I was wearing an Arrow Dynamics shirt and the first thing we did was marathon Flight of Fear a bunch of times.  I wonder if that's wrong to do or not...

The Chef talked me into eating at the Chinese restaurant on I-Street.  Boy was that stuff great!  I highly, highly recommend that you try it if you haven't eaten there.  Their staff is extremely nice and the food is 110% excellent.  I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to settle for LaRosa's pizza slices again.  You can eat a plentiful meal with a drink there for about $10.  It sounds like a lot, but if you add up the money that you spend at the Festhaus, it's about the same.  I'd say you get more bang for your buck there.

Anyway, Chef and I rode TR:TR for the first time since the filmings in late June.  I'm willing to say that I'm still tired of the ride.  cool.gif

So I guess getting there early really pays off.  We rode a fair amount of rides in 4 hours before the crowds picked up.

Anyway Todd, it's a shame that we didn't see eachother there.  Have a good day everyone.

-Ryan

Prior to going to PKI, Ryan dropped by my home and met Mrs. Chef. My wife is a strict judge of character and after meeting him, she invited BoddH to our home for dinner (cooked by me, the Italian Chef of course). That says a lot because Mrs. Chef seldom likes folks she meets and invites them to try my culinary creations. Therefore, hats off to Mr. Ryan who made a great impression on my wife. I specialize in Italian food, but I also do some French and Japanese dishes quite well.

Ryan and I greatly enjoyed the rides - especially FoF, The Beast, and Delirium.

We also took great pleasure in dining at Mandarin Cuisine. Sure, the food isn't as awesome as some of the Chinese restaurants that I ate at in ASIA itself and New York City - but for Ohio, it's darn good! I highly recommend it.

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

Edited by italianchef

I MISSED YOU!!!

I wasn't working FoF until about noon. If only you came and rode FoF again later in the day!

Anyway, I'm glad you had fun! I also heard Jeff Seibert was seen at FoF today, not too sure about this claim though.

Sorry we missed you as we rode FoF 3 times. Hey, if anyone ever wants to try my AWARD WINNING cuisine, just meet my wife, praise Japan, and convince her you are a saint - and the rest is easy.

Chef, you should of been glad you left when you did. The lousy weather caught up with us tenfold. Rain was just dumping onto us like there was no tomorrow. By the time I left work, the park was practically empty. Oh well. sad.gif

To be quite honest, I kind of snuck up on the Chef. He was talking to Bodda, decked out in 2 PKI shirts (one was a sweat and the other being a tee), waiting for the ropes to drop. I kinda put two and two together, braced myself, and asked:

"Are you Charles Infosino?"

Sure enough, it was him. So I hung out with him up to the point of his first ride on The Beast. Then I had to leave for work. He did drop by and we talked for a bit before he left. All in all he's a pretty cool guy to hang with. If he's ever in the park, say hey. smile.gif

~S~

Today was a great day in the Park.  While I didn't do too much riding today, I was mostly just hanging out with some friends, it was a nice day to be at the Park.  I picked up a map on the way out, there is an advertisement for FearFest and one of its new attractions called Rt. 666.  Could they possibly be turning the Antique Cars into a haunted attraction this year?  Sounds like a neat idea to me.

- Todd

WHAT!!!! THAT IS AN OUTRAGE! I SO NOT GOING TO FEARFEST NOW THATS THE MARK OF The Beast! WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS! MAN THAT A CRYIN SHAME! mad.gif

Ahh! Just do not ride it. Thats like saying you are not going to ride The Beast, because it's "The Beast" smile.gif You could go and suggest that they rename it "Route 66", like that show... I think I may be going to fearfest on the 18th. I'm just going to ride the rides though, the attractions have very long lines. - Sorry about that. ph34r.gif

I MISSED YOU!!!

I wasn't working FoF until about noon. If only you came and rode FoF again later in the day!

Anyway, I'm glad you had fun! I also heard Jeff Seibert was seen at FoF today, not too sure about this claim though.

Hey, look at the bright side, at least now I know that you're not the annoying guy who operates FoF. He was working in the morning. rolleyes.gif I have nothing against him personally, but that whole "3,2,1 Goodbye!" at every single launch...grrrr! I suppose some people like the attention of hearing themselves over a loud speaker. Ah, it's not a big deal. I've never not been impressed by the crew that works at PKI. How you blow off steam is a different story.

<<To be quite honest, I kind of snuck up on the Chef. He was talking to Bodda, decked out in 2 PKI shirts (one was a sweat and the other being a tee)>>

Hey, you forgot to mention that BoddaH was wearing an Arrow Dynamics shirt. I think your brother came up to me and asked me if I worked for them. I was shocked that someone so young would know about the company.

<<Prior to going to PKI, Ryan dropped by my home and met Mrs. Chef. My wife is a strict judge of character and after meeting him, she invited BoddH to our home for dinner (cooked by me, the Italian Chef of course). That says a lot because Mrs. Chef seldom likes folks she meets and invites them to try my culinary creations. Therefore, hats off to Mr. Ryan who made a great impression on my wife. I specialize in Italian food, but I also do some French and Japanese dishes quite well.>>

I guess I should have mentioned that. Mrs. Chef is extremely nice and very pretty. She was very welcoming when I first met her. It's been quite an honor to grow to know Mr. and Mrs. Infosino.

Today was a great day in the Park.  While I didn't do too much riding today, I was mostly just hanging out with some friends, it was a nice day to be at the Park.  I picked up a map on the way out, there is an advertisement for FearFest and one of its new attractions called Rt. 666.  Could they possibly be turning the Antique Cars into a haunted attraction this year?  Sounds like a neat idea to me.

- Todd

WHAT!!!! THAT IS AN OUTRAGE! I SO NOT GOING TO FEARFEST NOW THATS THE MARK OF The Beast! WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE NUTS! MAN THAT A CRYIN SHAME! mad.gif

Ahh! Just do not ride it. Thats like saying you are not going to ride The Beast, because it's "The Beast" smile.gif You could go and suggest that they rename it "Route 66", like that show... I think I may be going to fearfest on the 18th. I'm just going to ride the rides though, the attractions have very long lines. - Sorry about that. ph34r.gif

I agree that certain folks take religion much too seriously. The name 666 is purely for entertainment. In no way is PKI endorsing Satanism or any other evil cult.

FearFest is simply for entertainment. However, some folks beliefs are different from my own.

I guess I should have mentioned that. Mrs. Chef is extremely nice and very pretty. She was very welcoming when I first met her. It's been quite an honor to grow to know Mr. and Mrs. Infosino.

Ryan,

Thank you for your kind comments about Mrs. Chef. I much appreciate it.

Have a great day,

Italian Chef

In reference to Mandarin, I will never eat there because it was shut down for a week in full season for some odd reason wink.gif .

Maybe they took a vacation. The restaurant is not managed nor staffed by PKI, but ny outside vendors. The owner is from Singapore.

Even if they shut it down for health code violations, the government would be riding their a$$es so much now that it would be the safest place to eat at in the park. If you want to hear some stores, people have told me some interesting stuff about the LaRosa's in the Festhaus. (I was an employee for LaRosa's in Edgewood for 3 1/2 years)