Cedar Point & Castaway Bay Trip. 9/14-9/16

Tr0y

Trying to make this a yearly thing being how much fun we had last year. The lady friend and I made our way to Sandusky to enjoy the short lines and low crowds. 

Day 1

Arrived at Castaway Bay and immediately started the trip off on the wrong foot. Left home in a hurry and ended up leaving my wallet at home on accident. This in turn created a dilemma of not having an I.D. or CC to show for check in. Luckily they allowed me to switch the room into her name and I was able to use my online banking to prove I’m the owner of the card. We spent most of our afternoon settling in the room and enjoying the waterpark before it was time to head over to CP for haunt. 

Got to CP and went to the ticket booth to get her in. Asked for a ticket and the woman working the booth gave me a total was over $100! At first I was confused, thinking maybe she mistaken thought I asked for a ticket for each of us. She ended up repeating the same number and stated it was for one ticket. I could feel the cringe in my wallet back home. I corrected myself and asked for a bring-a-friend ticket because like normally they prompt you with “are you a season pass holder?” So she then corrected me by stating that those tickets can only be purchased on line. Which I find an bit odd. Bring a friend ticket online price after fees: $33.98. Much better, LOL. 

The crowd levels were very low, I think the longest line we’ve waited for was Maverick which was roughly 20 minutes. Got in line for Millie and the water mist fans were going even tho it was in the 60’s. Maybe due to cuts they’re using them now to to supplement the fog machines in the midways? Then came to ride her favorite coaster and the coaster I’m definitely a MISFIT with (and I’ll leave it at that) which is, Steel Vengeance. The freebie lockers worked, and I had my usual run in with the loose articles people. Ate my favorite restaurant in the park being Back Beat BBQ. (One day maybe KI will get brisket.) As far as CP haunt goes the roomers were quite obvious to see with the crowd levels being so low, therefor there wasn’t much for “jump scares” in the midways. We did Cornstalkers 2.0 and being the first night of haunt. I think the scare actors may have been lost in their own maze, not many of them made an appearance lol. We wrapped up the night, right before park closure taking the Skyride back to the front gate. 

Day 2

Woke up and went to Jolly’s Donuts which is a hole in the wall diner which serves breakfast food and obviously donuts. Then proceeded to make our way to CP beach. The beach was surprisingly kinda gross with the amount of Seagull crap on the sand. The water was expectedly cold, so we decided to throw down a towel and chill. Afterwards we made it back to Castaway bay and finished our time in Sandusky at the waterpark. We sat and had our adult beverages inside the hot tub till an overzealous supervisor came over to yell at us and another couple that had drinks that they had to be on a table and not hot tub side. Nobody had glass containers so not knowing what his problem was, the group next to us dragged a table over to side of the hot tub so everyone could keep their drinks nearby.

All in all other than some little things. We had a blast and definitely plan on returning to do it again next year!

IMG_1603.jpeg

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1584.jpeg

IMG_1586.jpeg

IMG_1596.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_3449.jpeg

• Like 1

Jolly Donut is always a must-stop for my fiancé' and I! Been going there for years. Not only are their doughnuts great, but the rest of their menu is also enjoyable. And their price points are definitely more than reasonable too. Glad someone else here on this forum has experience with that old school diner!

Also thanks for the heads up on low crowds this time of year. May end up having to make a trip like that next year. Low crowds would be a treat at that park.

• Like 1