What do you want to see in 2006?

Dolt932

^I don't believe so FOF was built at the same time as the one at PKD. KC was built before the one at PKD or PCW. And Racer although similar is different then Rebel Yell and was built before. All of PKI's rides that are the same as another parks were built at the same time like IJ:ST. Unless you consider Face Off a clone becuase of the boomerang shape, but i think it was the first built with seats facing each other so I'm not sure if thats a clone or not.

I'm personally glad PKI dosen't have many clones and I would hate to see an MF clone at PKI. I mean MF is sweet but if I want to ride MF I will drive up to CP and ride it. If PKI gets a hyper or giga I hope its unique and found no where else. That's the problem with Six Flags they repeat way to many of their rides at way to many parks.

Yeah, when I meant "clone" I meant something exactly like another park. So if Face-Off was the first to have seats facing both ways, I don't consider it a clone. In that respect, I wouldn't mind KI getting something just like MF, as long as it doesn't have the exact same track layout. I mean, one could argue that B&M inverts are really just clones, like the difference between the Raptor, Batman: The Ride (just one of them) and Talon. They all have basically the same elements and types of inversions, but they're each different in some way (size, total inversions, speed) so I wouldn't call them clones. Just the same types. So I really wouldn't mind B&M or Intamin coming in and making a type of coaster that isn't a prototype, as long as it wasn't the exact copy of another coaster.

*edit* To make myself clear, I do consider all the Batman: The Ride coasters at the Six Flags parks clones. I was just using the idea of one of them in comparison to Raptor and Talon. *end edit*

Yeah, when I meant "clone" I meant something exactly like another park. So if Face-Off was the first to have seats facing both ways, I don't consider it a clone.

Face-Off is a clone you will find the same coaster Invertigo at PGA. Invertigo at PGA opened their coaster before PKI got Face-Off. Sorry I am not tring to bash just get the facts right. Also look at www.rcdb.com for dates and other facts.

Edited by Vortex

Yeah, when I meant "clone" I meant something exactly like another park. So if Face-Off was the first to have seats facing both ways, I don't consider it a clone. In that respect, I wouldn't mind KI getting something just like MF, as long as it doesn't have the exact same track layout. I mean, one could argue that B&M inverts are really just clones, like the difference between the Raptor, Batman: The Ride (just one of them) and Talon. They all have basically the same elements and types of inversions, but they're each different in some way (size, total inversions, speed) so I wouldn't call them clones. Just the same types. So I really wouldn't mind B&M or Intamin coming in and making a type of coaster that isn't a prototype, as long as it wasn't the exact copy of another coaster.

Yes, when I said I didn't want PKI to get a clone of something I meant the layout. I wouldn't want the layout to be the same as MF, but I really would like to see PKI get an Intamin hyper or giga coaster.

*edit* To make myself clear, I do consider all the Batman: The Ride coasters at the Six Flags parks clones. I was just using the idea of one of them in comparison to Raptor and Talon. *end edit*

Why consider them clones when they are?

Yes, when I said I didn't want PKI to get a clone of something I meant the layout. I wouldn't want the layout to be the same as MF, but I really would like to see PKI get an Intamin hyper or giga coaster.

If we get a hyper or giga it better be an intamin. B&M has said before they won't build anything over 300' as of yet. Intamin builds more thrilling coasters than b&M does. Intamin puts no trims on their rides like the sros's and mf and so on, b&m trims them to death.

Intamin deffinately has a niche with their awesome Giga coasters and the sideless trains, but height doesnt make everything in a coaster. Look at Magnum, Apollo, Nitro, and Titan. Those are some great coasters and they are not enormous compared to todays standards. Dont overlook B&M because they dont go over 300ft, size isnt everything. biggrin.gif

"Those are some great coasters and they are not enormous compared to todays standards."

They're not? I mean, really, how many coasters are actually 300+ feet? I can only think of Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Steel Dragon 2000, and Kingda Ka. I think that the hyper coasters are still giants, generally speaking. It's only in a park with a hyper coaster and a giga or strata coaster that would make the hyper seem small. I would like to see a B&M hyper installed at PKI, but I would bet that they would go with Intamin before B&M simply due to the high cost of B&M coasters.

I would like to see a somewhat repeat of 2003, with 2 new flat rides, including a new set of flyers, and maybe something from HUSS. I guess a Nick expansion is also due, possibly the return (in some form) of the antique cars.

It would also be great if they could open a new fuill-service restaurant in the old International Restaurant space... renovate it into something informal, like an Applebee's or Friday's in that style, including a bar.

I would also like to see an overhaul of the wood coasters, especially SOB.

Guest faceoff

Have a lift near the end off wwc and the have the raft fall into a giant toilet and

be flushed. Make the end a giant splash. Don't forget the flushing sound effect. I

am sure riders would be bowled over. LOL!!!! laugh.gif