Fearfest

StXsteven

I e-mailed pki last week, and surprisingly they e-mailed me back the next day! But when I asked for permission(to post it on here), I had to wait a few days... I can post the e-mail, but I had to cut out some information that I am not allowed to share.

>From: "Kaiser, Maureen" <Maureen.Kaiser@ParamountParks.com>

>To: "Steven M." <stxsteven@hotmail.com>

>CC: "Siebert, Jeffrey" <JSiebert@ParamountParks.com>,"Mefford, Bill"

><Bill.Mefford@ParamountParks.com>

>Subject: RE: FEARFEST, PLEASE RESPOND

>Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:32:58 -0400

>

>Hi, Steven.

>

>Without spilling all the beans, suffice it to say that you will LOVE

the

>new attraction that takes place on the train. It rocks. You will also love the way Rivertown is

>completely transformed into a haunted area.....you aren't safe

>anywhere!!!!! It is in Rivertown that you'll need to watch out for the

>CornSTALKERS......

>

>Nice catch on Top Gun. The description on our site actually discusses

>Paramount Canada's Wonderland's Top Gun. We'll change that straight

>away.

>

>I can't wait to get your reaction once you visit FearFest. Personally,

I

>will gladly spend the day Nick-or-Treating....and then shake in fear

the

>second the clock strikes 6 p.m. I am such a wus!!

>

>Happy Wednesday.

>

>Maureen Kaiser, APR

>Paramount's Kings Island

>Marketing Communications

>513.754.5802

>

>Paramount's Kings Island - where the best of Hollywood entertainment is

>NOW PLAYING!

>

So there is a cornSTALKERS, and one haunt is on the train. (I guess conSTALKERS is on the train, I'm not sure) Top gun was a mess up on the site.

Feel free to comment.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The train is Headless Hollow. Unfortunately, telling you what actually happens will result in a paradox in the space time continuom. That, and the fact that it would ruin the whole experience. All I can say is that Maureen is right-you will absolutely LOVE HH, and it will be an experience you will NOT forget.

cornSTALKERS, I think, is that path that leads past the Paradise Island stand up to Rivertown Pizza. I'm guessing because, today, they were setting up massive amounts of hay barrels and corn stalks along that path, most of it covering up that white fence that borders IJ:ST.

As for Coney Maul (yes, that is the name of Coney's FearFest transformation), more decorations are going up, and one of the gardens in the middle of the path has been overrun by tarantulas and hanging skeletons! AHHHHHH! wacko.gif

So apparently, the real "fun" begins at 6:00 on both Fridays and Saturdays, with the park opening up at 5:00 on Fridays. Can't wait, but I'll be working at the park again tomorrow, so, hopefully, I'll dig up some more info for everyone here.

-The RingMaster gives his regards.... weird.gif

wait....! Hold on a sec.. if the train is headless Hollow, and cornSTALKERS is on that path? Then did they get rid of the Curse of Sleepy Hollow? Or is that massacre manor?

Why the name change? Did they revamp it? If they did... that sucks, it was awesome last year don't you agree?

I hate Fearfest... laugh.gif I mean it is cool and all - but I am too scared to do anything. I remember going too and from Vortex every day through the Games Arcade. Like I would hug the outside of it. I would also constantly be turning around to make sure one of those scaractors wasn't near me. I did have one advantage though. They typically went for small children and hot girls - not fat guys.

But NOW neither Coney nor Rivertown is safe. I will have to stay in Action Zone!!!! laugh.gif

Something in BB would be cool, but I think expanding FearFest into BB would not be a good idea for the simple fact now you are running both sides of the park, which would require more employees and take more planning. I think they can do enough with what the use now to make an excelent FearFest.

Although if they ever did use BB I would love to see them use the Lazy River and make that in to a haunted canyon type attraction.

wait....! Hold on a sec.. if  the train is headless Hollow, and cornSTALKERS is on that path? Then did they get rid of the Curse of Sleepy Hollow? Or is that massacre manor?

Why the name change? Did they revamp it? If they did... that sucks, it was awesome last year don't you agree?

The entire Rivertown area is the Curse of Sleepy Hollow. Massacre Manor is inside that white tent behind the Showplace Stage. cornSTALKERS is the path that connects Rivertown and International Street that goes around IJ:ST.

I got a chance to peek inside both Massacre Manor and PsychoPath yesterday. It was pretty cool walking through PP during the daylight. biggrin.gif

Massacre Manor has remained unchanged (though it seemed more crowded due to finishing touches they have to work on), but it still looks gorgeous.

PsychoPath has remained the same with a few updates. Namely the addtion of three new scenes. I can't flat-out tell you what they are up front (for the sake of one's job at a certain park...), but I will say this-epect to see some form of a little girl running through the woods; the doll remains are a dead giveaway.

Oh, yeah, and at least ONE aspect of Curse of the Crypt from last year has made it into PsychoPath (or it appeared to be). It should be an obvious choice if you went through the Crypt last year, but can you figure it out?

-The RingMaster gives his regards... weird.gif

Don't worry. You'll be safe from the mud. Just not from what lurks inside the tunnel... evil.gif

Going through there is a completely different experience in daylight; you're just not used to seeing all the behind-the-scenes stuff (or how relatively thin the PsychoPath area really is in terms of width).

One more thing-if you guys wanted to know about Headless Hollow and the train, here's a bit of info........

.....Bring some hiking boots. You'll need 'em.

-The RingMaster gives his regards... weird.gif

I hate Fearfest... laugh.gif I mean it is cool and all - but I am too scared to do anything. I remember going too and from Vortex every day through the Games Arcade. Like I would hug the outside of it. I would also constantly be turning around to make sure one of those scaractors wasn't near me. I did have one advantage though. They typically went for small children and hot girls - not fat guys.

But NOW neither Coney nor Rivertown is safe. I will have to stay in Action Zone!!!! laugh.gif

I wub.gif Fear-Fest...

...Just a side note, can you wear a costume, that woudl be so neat... and if I were able to, You would see a Roman walking down Coney Maul, and skipping across Action Zone... w00t...

...okay...

I love it, but my girlfriend gets a bit scared, and our friend Amber gets Terrified of it, so we have to literally hold on to her the entire time... she mainly doesnt like the men who roll up on their knees with the scraping noise... freaky... she almost cried...

...I got her on Delirium, TRTR, and Drop Zone, she probably wont go on any of them again, she may go on DZ and Duhlee, but not TRTR, she hated it.

She will NEVER go on XSF or SS, she is mortified of a ride that has virtually no restraints, and trust me, i have tried to get her on SS, she wont, i showed her the GIANT STEEL BAR THAT HOLDS YOUR CHEST, and the seatbelts and pins... no, she wont, she said if the cae were bigger, she would, but HA!

oh... Flying Roman!! XSF !!

also, I rode the SkyCoaster at SFKK, Taller, and they put my batman cape (from my shirt, you should see it) outside the thing and my cape flew throughout the ride... I love to ride Twisted Twins with it... or lean up on GL and Thunder Run... Fun!! oh! Roller Skater is funny too, the kids think I am the coolest ever!!

Capes are so cool!!

I was in line for the Sleepy Hallow horror and this girl (probably my age) was dressed in a wolf costume. One of the FF actors, or one of the workers with the gray suits and white faces came up to her and just told her it wasn't allowed and to take it off. She was lucky not to be turned around to the main gate, she seemed pretty embarresed...