PKI Newsletter #16

BoddaH1994

Best Deal on 2006 Season Pass ends Sunday, Nov. 6th!

With the introduction of Nickelodeon™ Universe next season, alongside favorites like Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay™ and The Beast®, 2006 at PKI will be better than ever. The only way to enjoy everything PKI has to offer, as often as you like, at the lowest price of the season is to purchase a 2006 season pass now. And, if you have your photo ID made by Sunday November 6, 2005 you'll get great perks like FREE parking for the rest of '05 and all next season.

Additionally, all 2006 Season Passholders will get an $8 discount on 2005 WinterFest admission, good any day that the 2005 event is open to the public, when they purchase their season passes and Winterfest admission by Sunday, November 6, 2005. Don't waste another day wondering what 2006 at PKI will have in store for you. Take advantage of this amazing offer packed with perks and privileges today…all for the same price or less than you paid last year! For more information on this limited time 2006 Season Pass offer click here.

PKI Last Weekend of Operation

Enjoy the Best of Hollywood Entertainment for one final weekend for FREE. Print out the Discount Coupon offer for free park admission on November 5th or November 6th and bring to the park to receive one free complimentary ticket for PKI's final weekend of operation. Bring a friend, a family member, or anyone you'd like to enjoy favorites like Deliriumâ„¢, Drop Zoneâ„¢, and Nickelodeon Central one last time this season before the park performs its magical transformation to Winterfest. See coupon for details!

Last Weekend for Nick or Treat and FearFest

PKI trick-or-treaters and fearfest enthusiasts have one last chance to participate in two of the Midwest’s largest Halloween events!

...fog too thick to see your own hand. Shrieks so blood curdling you tremble in fear. The park has given new meaning to its annual FearFest this year with six new spine-tingling attractions including R.L. Stine's Fear Street, Massacre Manor and CornSTALKERS. Shrieks of both excitement and horror will echo throughout the park from Action Zoneâ„¢ Coney Maul and down through the new Curse of Sleepy Hollow located in Rivertown. FearFest will run Friday, Oct. 28th and and Saturday, Oct. 29th beginning at 8pm. This hauntingly ghoulish event is free and included with park admission, as well as free to season pass holders.

PKI trick-or-treaters don’t have to wait until October 31st to don a costume and beg for candy. The region’s largest family-oriented Halloween event features kid-sized haunts and boo-rific Nickelodeon fun one last weekend Saturday, Oct. 29th and Sunday, Oct. 30th from 11am to 4pm. Parade over to the park and enjoy our special attractions such as the Funhouse Express, Wizard’s World of Wonder and the Pumpkin Patch Express. Join us for family-friendly fun throughout the day!

Winterfest Job Fair - Oct. 29th and 30th

Join the sleigh ride now and get in on welcoming our guests home for the holidays. If sugarplums are dancing in your head, or you just need a little holiday cash, PKI can keep from being a humbug this year. We are interviewing from 10am to 4pm for positions in our Exclusive Eateries, Snacks, and our charming holiday-inspired Gift Shops! Don’t just work anywhere, come to PKI and watch as we wrap the summer destination you have come to love, in holiday decoration and glittering lights. Learn more!

Simple Plan at Timberwolf October 30th

This Saturday, October 30th enjoy the music of Simple Plan as they close the concert season at Paramount's Kings Island. This 5 member group from Montreal, Canada brings a high-energy show packed with their unique, multi-genre sounds that are sure to satisfy.

With a versatile format of music, Simple Plan crosses traditional boundaries typically associated with punk and pop music. Their emphasis on song-writing and delivering quality music to their fans is evident not only in the wide spectrum of bands they've toured with, but also in their new album, "MTV Hard Rock Live." From their beginnings touring in a beat up station wagon, to playing with bands like Rancid and Aerosmith, Simple Plan is sure to close the season in style at Timberwolf Amphitheatre. Tickets are on sale now!

PKI Winterfest Memories Needed

Paramount's Kings Island and the Cincinnati Enquirer are searching for one lucky family of PKI passholders to feature in a story in highlighting the return of Winterfest. If your family attended Winterfest at PKI before its 13 year absence, and plan to visit this holiday season we request that you email your family's names and ages, address, and contact information to pkiwinterfest@paramountparks.com to enter. You will be notified if your family has been selected to take part in this Cincinnati Enquirer story.

The Bond with Kings Island and My Grandfather

I can remember when Kings Island was just being initiated in our area. My grandfather was helping to establish the railroad and he used to take me with him when the park opened. His friend, my grandpa and I would go to lunch at Bill Knapps everyday. On the way back to work, he would always let me stop by the employee entrance and feed sugar to the horses in the field next to the park. The memory of my grandfather fulfilling a lifelong dream of running a steam engine and riding that train brings back so many memories. You now have a train named after him and when we go to Kings Island it makes me feel as though he is still with me. He passed a few years back. Every year at Easter he used to buy my brother and me a Kings Island Season Pass. It really is the greatest place on earth. The park has changed so much since then, alot for the better. Having the train in honor of him and knowing the excitement he had brings us a warm, family feeling. I had the privilege of volunteering with my church to work at Kings Island for a youth event we were sponsoring. It was so much fun and the park seemed as if it still had that family feel. I will always feel the bond with Kings Island and my grandfather. We will enjoy you for years to come!

Shauna W. from Clarksville, OH will receive two tickets to Paramount's Kings Island. Winners are randomly selected. Submit your entry!

Last chance to enter to win $1,000

Last chance for 2005! Tell us about your experience at the park this summer through our Guest Satisfaction Survey so we can raise the vbar for 2006. You'll be entered in a drawing to win two tickets to the park or one of a hundred prizes ranging in value from $25 to $1,000. See a list of past winners. Thank you!

Stay tuned for our next issue in two weeks!

Source: PKI e-newsletter

Good newsletter, and yes...very sad. sad.gif

...and Nemo, I just spent five minutes straight looking at your avatar laughing my censored.gif off! Wouldn't be hilarious to see infinite trains launched through the billboard?

...all day long!

That'd be nuts to see the crew dispatch all those trains, one right after the other.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the avatar pretty flippin' funny. biggrin.gif