Things that have changed

TOPGUN1993

Yes, the Wings at Carowinds is quite nice! Right by the Super Saturator. The self service drink stand is AWESOME for one reason... free refills (at least when I was there in 2003 and in 2001)! PKI`s Wings just isn`t as busy as what the Carowinds was when I was at Carowinds.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. The place has the potential to be a really cool restaurant, with the added benefit of being air conditioned. The fact that it serves Mongomery Inn products which are inherently expensive, and generally do not appeal to families with kids is part of the reason why this eatery always seems to be empty. A sit down restaurant at PKI would be a nice addition, IMO. Wings could definantely use a sprucing up/retheme. Why not retheme it to the Nick at Nite Cafe or something to tie it into the Nick Universe, but also kind of tie it into the rest of the park.

Funny thing is that when it was Columbia Palace, serving ribs as well it was one of the highest grossing food stands in the park.

At one time it used to be a rotation of Columbia Palace, Festhaus, Bier Gardens and Pot Works as the highest grossers on a daily basis.

On really odd days Burger Bistro and Quick Draws would work it's way into the mix.

About an hour after fireworks the lights on the buildings would turn off. When I was assistant supervisor at Funnel Cakes on International Street I'd be in the park late some times. I'd go to Munchen Tower and hit the trip switch in there and the lights would turn back on for about a half an hour.

If I worked there I could see myself doing the same thing!

About an hour after fireworks the lights on the buildings would turn off.  When I was assistant supervisor at Funnel Cakes on International Street I'd be in the park late some times.  I'd go to Munchen Tower and hit the trip switch in there and the lights would turn back on for about a half an hour.

If I worked there I could see myself doing the same thing!

Good, now I don't feel so silly.

I was just wondering why Nick U doesn't have any cartoons that are real people themeing there rides such as.

- Drake and Josh

- Zoey 101

- Ned

- etc

Im not sure about the genres of the other two tv shows. I personally cant think of a good theming to go with the TV shows you mentioned. I couldnt even imagine a ride themed to that. Plus, isn't Nick U more for the smaller kids? Those shows are more for the kids 13+ -ish.

yeah Nick U is sort of themed to smaller kids (not as small as HBL's audience was with the baba looeys buggies and stuff like that) but then you've got the new Avatar ride (i dont wanna KNOW the voban amount over there xD) which i dont think is really aimed toward smaller kids.

as for the food at Oscars, yeah, what is it, around $3 ish for a powerade?! ill take a slice of cheese pizza and some chocolate milk for close to the same price, thank you. lol

as for the SportaCopters, yeah i just realized that like sunday or monday when someone asked why it said HB and Yogi's Sky Tours when it was Nick U and Lazytown SportaCopters... i imagine they'll change it eventually. (maybe they'll have Sportacus saying something.....*sigh* magnus.......)

^oh and there's your live-action show-themed ride (technicly i guess....wink.gif 3 out of like 9 aint bad xD)

oh and as for music, yeah it is REALLY loud up front (relatively)...but on the same topic, im glad for the change in music in Nick U....i mean, if i had to hear "the bear went over the mountain" or "when the saints go marching in" or some of those other kiddie songs all day, i think i'd go insane®...."breakaway" "almost" "chariot" mixed in with "ned's declassified" "lazytown" and maybe even "go,diego,go" theme songs is MUCH more bearable....

oh and is the chicken dance at festhouse louder, or is it just REALLY pindrop quiet after about 8:15? i can hear it from Nick U every night (even the little horn intro before the accordions)...which is even weirder considering i thought they had quit doing that either last year or the year before

wow that was long. i shut up much now.

The other thing is, while prices have gone up, that does not mean it is because the Parks are being sold. The way some people see it, everything that isn't perfect this season is because the Parks are being sold. Simply not true. It's a business, and while is severly sucks to have to pay more, it is the way it is in life. Don't forget, other factors play into the costs. For one, it may cost more to ship the food to PKI because of higher gas prices.

But look at Holiday World, yes it is a smaller park, but free drinks and free parking and they have good food prices. HW funnel cakes are at least Half of our funnel cakes! I paid 2.99 for one of the smallest ice cream cone in the Action Zone Saturday! Last year there was actully Icecream that was more than 2 inches Tall.

sorry to double post but this is a "thing that has changed"...anybody know what happened to the car that was in paramount story? i saw it during off season but....i figured it was just in storage...

For some reason it's been sitting behind The Beastie in the admin area near the HVAC building for quite a while now.

You mean its now behind the Fairly Odd Coaster. They haven`t has that car in the Paramount Story for quite some time. If my memory serves me correct, it used to be parked right next to the large waterfall, in the sunken area with stairs down to it that now has some picnic table.

You mean its now behind the Fairly Odd Coaster. They haven`t has that car in the Paramount Story for quite some time. If my memory serves me correct, it used to be parked right next to the large waterfall, in the sunken area with stairs down to it that now has some picnic table.

No, you're thinking of the Murph Mobile, which I believe is auctioned off now. The car is from the Godfather (I think) was near the I-Street entrance, somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...