Will Cedar Fair Move "Corkscrew to K.I. + More?

marlfox_21

Well, from interesting sources, I have heard the rumor that Cedar Point's BELOVED "Corkscrew" might actually find a new home next year at King's Island.

Aside from this, I am interested in knowing from you, King's Island's lovers and haters, your opinion on this topic......

How long do you think it will take Cedar Fair to build the world's tallest, fastest, steel roller coaster on the land available at Cedar Fair's Kings Island?????

I'm willing to bet, not very long at all.

M.F.

I love Corkscrew is such a classic even though there is seat belts.

Corkscrew has seat belts? When did this happen? Are they on the restraint or in the seat?

Never mind I saw pictures on Pointbuzz.com. That is pretty silly to have those on that ride. They are not many Arrow looping coasters that have them, so what is the point?

Edited by PKIVortex

I would say that neither will happen. Corkscrew is one of the most photographed coasters in the park with the corkscrews going over the midway. I don't think we'll see the tallest, fastest anything either. CF wants to keep Cedar Point and KI with two different personalities. Sorry to burst your bubble. biggrin.gif

I think we can safely say the Corkscrew is not coming to KI. Why would they move a coaster that give a similar rides as Vortex (except Vortex is a lot bigger and better) to the park. I also don't see the tallest, fastest, longest, rollercoaster coming to KI anytime soon. A good new rollercoaster, yes, but not a world record breaker.

Corkscrew moved??? Right because for some odd reasson it would be worthwhile moving an old classic coaster like that. Honestly the cost doesnt make sense nor does the stupidity of such an idea.

One of the best photographic spots in the park like mentioned earlier also an extremely well kept small foot print looper. May as well add the Blue Streak with it when they move it to KI.

Guest faceoff

Seatbelts were added during the middle of the 2005 season. They go from the

bottom of the shoulder restraint to a buckle on the bottom of the seat. The ride

operated from 1976 to 2005 without them. I would guess the insurance company

may have had something to do with that. sad.gif

I heard rumors that during testing one morning, they checked the trains like normal, dispatched, and when the train returned, one of the lap bars was up...released on its on at some point on the ride.

Thus, seatbelts!

KEYWORD: rumor. I have no clue if that's the reason for the seatbelts or not.

You know, since the CF purchase, there have been so many stupid and illogical rumors out there. But this takes the cake.

Simply put: why in the world would CP begin to move ANY of it's coasters out of CP, especially to a park that has a strong collection of roller coasters. Why would they cut down their collection to move them to another park? And if they DID, wouldn't they move them to a a smaller park to give it a boost? Yet CP never did it with Geauga Lake or Michigan's Adventure.

Trust me, CP will remain CP and KI will remain Ki.

Why? Why would they move Demon Drop to PKI? Makes no sense to me. I honestly don`t think any rides will be moved from Cedar Point to PKI. All five Paramount Parks will get the attractions that were planned prior to the purchase of the parks from Cedar Fair, as was mentioned in the press release.

Both parks have strong enough ride collections on their own. They don't need to 'feed' off of each other's rides, no matter how old they are.

These rumors are getting a bit old. The parks' plans are already in place for next year...they've stated that time and time again. Those plans were made BEFORE Cedar Fair even had a penny's investment in the Paramount Parks.

Both parks have strong enough ride collections on their own. They don't need to 'feed' off of each other's rides, no matter how old they are.

These rumors are getting a bit old. The parks' plans are already in place for next year...they've stated that time and time again. Those plans were made BEFORE Cedar Fair even had a penny's investment in the Paramount Parks.

...which, to date, they still don't have.

The deal isn't closed.

It isn't final til the money changes hands.

It still needs government approvals.

Patience, grasshoppers.

Patience.

Well even if Cedar Fair didn`t buy Paramount Parks, did you honestly expect PKI to get back into the coaster`s armrace? Afterall, look at Holiday World. They have become reputable for rides that aren`t the biggest or tallest but just plain fun. PKI could benefit from some new mega steel coaster that is just plain fun, like any one of the B&M coasters that have been installed at the Cedar Fair parks recently.

Well even if Cedar Fair didn`t buy Paramount Parks, did you honestly expect PKI to get back into the coaster`s armrace? Afterall, look at Holiday World. They have become reputable for rides that aren`t the biggest or tallest but just plain fun. PKI could benefit from some new mega steel coaster that is just plain fun, like any one of the B&M coasters that have been installed at the Cedar Fair parks recently.

Or the one installed at a certain park in Atlanta, Georgia, near a WooferBear...

Goliath, I think it is called.

Well even if Cedar Fair didn`t buy Paramount Parks, did you honestly expect PKI to get back into the coaster`s armrace?  Afterall, look at Holiday World.  They have become reputable for rides that aren`t the biggest or tallest but just plain fun.  PKI could benefit from some new mega steel coaster that is just plain fun, like any one of the B&M coasters that have been installed at the Cedar Fair parks recently.

Or the one installed at a certain park in Atlanta, Georgia, near a WooferBear...

Goliath, I think it is called.

Now Interpreter, you know how I feel about Goliath. Its simply a stunning and fantastic ride! As much as I'd love it to be at PKI (it may actually get me to VISIT the park again), PKI would find someway to ruin it. It would be trimmed to death with most of the forces taken out of it. I agree though, KI needs a large steel coaster.

If you think Vortex is really the biggest steel coaster build at PKI and that was in 1987. (FOF doesn't really count because it's not really big same with F/O)

New rides don't necessarily have to be the biggest and the fastest to be fun.

But it certainly helps. However, one exception would be Disney's new "Expedition Everest" I've ridden it twice since it opened earlier this year. It's no record breaker for speed or size, but it is still a great ride. It's fun. Fun is what Kings Islands environment was in the past before the name Paramount ever graced the front of it. LONG LIVE Cedar Fair. Whatever they do, it will be better. It would almost have to be. But I am not expecting massive changes right away. It will probably take years to undo what Paramount did to the park.