Weight issues?

cjacob

But, I have seen many people fit that test seat then NOT fit the ride itself. The plain fact, which shouldn't be, is that the belts on Dragster and on Millennium Force are NOT all the same size. If you don't fit one seat, you may still fit another. Or not.

I'm not sure what you meant to say, but you said cut out all pop...and drink water, juice and pop? Juice adds calories. Diet soda does not. . . Just a thought.

I am 6'1 or so and about 220 and I am worried about fitting on Millieum Force when I go.

I happen to be 225 lbs and 6 foot tall and I do fit on Millenium Force, but it can be close. There is definitely hope for you. It does depend, as others say, on how you wear the weight. Good luck!

Each year MF and TTD have gotten more and more restrictive....there are reasons for this, but there is also more than one way to restrain a guest...

But is that CP's doing or Intamin's? (I honestly do not know)

It is Intamin's fault. Their restraints are very restrictive and not very forgiving for larger people. Then there was an incident a few years ago where a large person fell off the Superman Ride Of Steel coaster at Six Flags New England and died, and since then the Intamin belts are even smaller in an effort to keep larger people off the ride for safety's sake.

While I admire their dedication to safety, I have to wonder why Intamin can not design restraints that will safely accommodate larger guests. If you have ridden any of the B&M hypercoasters like Goliath at SFOG, you will see that those restraints can safely hold larger guests with no problems at all. Then again I always prefer the B&M restraints...

(And it is not always fat or overweight people who can not fit. I have seen large muscular football players told they are too large to ride on Millenimum Force and they are not in anyway unfit...)

Everyday the news reminds us of how obeese we American's are becoming. OK - lose weight and all will be well, but that's hard to do - and if the numbers the news tells us are correct, there aren't gonna be many people able to ride these coasters anymore. Even if they ALL went on diets, it would take a long time to get PERFECTLY into shape to be able to ride - and I have to ask if a park can sustain the loss of business while everyone trims down.

So, why not make the restraints a bit more accomodating - a la B&M and S&S - because I don't see us American's getting skinny anytime soon. When the park orders a new ride, make sure people can fit on it.

There will be some of you that will say it can't be done for saftey reasons. I say bullcrap to that - the same thinking goes into the making of an automobile and I don't see anyone being denied a driver's seat in a new Chevy or Ford. For god's sake, think outside the darn box once in a while.

Another bug up my butt...

I can ride on everything at PKI, but hardly anything at CP. When next year rolls around, will CF change all of the restraints to match those at CP? And I used to be able to ride everything at CP up until a couple of years ago. Go figure. So, CP doesnt get my money, PKI does this year, but we'll have to wait and see about 2007.

I am 5 11' and 110 pounds lol so i can basically fit onto any ride in the park. Even some like Vortex i can reach the last knot on the harness. I have seen two guys get kicked off of FOF because they were too big and only one of Delirium.To me Delirium is one of the most you would have trouble with and TR:TR.

Women who are more than 200 usually cannot fit MF and TTD, when they do, its even more uncomfortable. This is because we tend to carry our weight in butts and thighs. Men can usually lift up a pot belly and click the seat belt, that doesn't work for women.

So far I haven't had any issues with fitting on rides at PKI, the only tight fit is Racer and Beast, with the stupid seat divider they added a few years back.

I think the amusement park coaster manufacter needs to tread lightly on these things. I can seriously see a lawsuit for discrimination against larger people on the horizon. Lord knows, we have seen lawsuits for even more crazy incidents (ie: McD's coffee, etc)

(And it is not always fat or overweight people who can not fit. I have seen large muscular football players told they are too large to ride on Millenimum Force and they are not in anyway unfit...)

Thank You for pointing that out.

I'm a Powerlifter and spend a good amount of time in the gym. It's difficult for me to get into some ride restraints due to the size of my chest and thighs.

(And it is not always fat or overweight people who can not fit.  I have seen large muscular football players told they are too large to ride on Millenimum Force and they are not in anyway unfit...)

Thank You for pointing that out.

I'm a Powerlifter and spend a good amount of time in the gym. It's difficult for me to get into some ride restraints due to the size of my chest and thighs.

How is Drop Zone on you? It was getting tight on my chest. I backed off on some lifting and dropped some weight and was ok.

On Jan 3, 2002 I weighed 236 lbs... May 3, 2002 I weighed 168 lbs...

Dont eat after 6pm... think of food as fuel, and you dont need much fuel to sleep... think of what you have as just excess storage fuel... surplus... now that surplus needs a little fresh fuel (food=energy) to get you started, but then quickly you begin burning up excess storage.

I started running early Jan and couldnt even make it one time up the basketball court without stopping and near passing out... Just fight for more each day... Dont be discouraged by others because your goals are different and you know that some day you will be able to do the same things as everyone else...

My doctor told me Jan 3, 2002 that if I do everything they say, within 6 months I will be able to run as far as and as long as everyone else...

So set long-term goal, then a daily plan...

I weighed myself every morning...

On August 24, 2006 I weigh 182 lbs... but I also had another serious health problem that limited my physical activity that saw my weight balloon back to 194 lbs earlier this summer... It's not healthy to lose as much weight quickly like I did back in 2002, but I know what it takes now that I've done it and am slowing losing it and will get back to my comfortable weight of 170-175 lbs where I spent pretty much all of May 2002 thru May 2005 before I had my other serious health problem limiting physical activity.

... I ate Blimpie's subs a lot... stay away from mayonnaise. I ate a lot of canned tuna... lipton iced tea sweatened no lemon instead of carbonated beverages... I went on all the fast food web sites and got nutrional info and payed particular attention to fat grams. I'd add it up and only go over 64 fat grams once every several days... limited cholesterol but wasn't as much of a focus as the fat. You NEED carbohydrates (not sugars as much) and protein. I dont understand why some people cut them out... They are energy. Fat is stored energy. Cut out the fat! ... I also ate a lot of carrots, strawberries, oranges, apples and fat-free fig newtons (not more than 4 a day). Bananas but not daily. I also took Maleluca vitamins every day while losing the weight. It may have been psychological help, but I felt like I had more energy and my knees didnt hurt at all!

Once I lost the weight, I started eating more fatty food because we do need some, but I still watched my weight pretty much EVERY day from May 2002-May 2005 simply because this weight problem is an every day battle for the rest of my life.

I could be a professional eater, I could eat everything you put in front of me... I once had three McDonald's triple cheeseburgers and three large fries... then a few hours later 5 chili cheese dogs from Nick's Chili Parlor (Indy) and then later in day had two complete meals from Gray Bros cafeteria... That was NOT uncommon for me!

My blood pressure dropped from like 195/111... to 111/78 during those 4 months.

Great for you ICE for keeping that weight off for far as long as you have thus far. I agree with you once you lose a good amount of weight at least one time, you’ll always have that “I did it before so I know I can do it†attitude. Which really helps you to lose weight in the future if you need to. Thanks for sharing you experience with us.

Then there was an incident a few years ago where a large person fell off the Superman Ride Of Steel coaster at Six Flags New England and died, and since then the Intamin belts are even smaller in an effort to keep larger people off the ride for safety's sake.

While I admire their dedication to safety, I have to wonder why Intamin can not design restraints that will safely accommodate larger guests. If you have ridden any of the B&M hypercoasters like Goliath at SFOG, you will see that those restraints can safely hold larger guests with no problems at all. Then again I always prefer the B&M restraints...

I don't think that it was so much that he was large, but just could not maintain control of his upper body.

I have always been big, but not fat. I carry all my weight in my height. However, the Air Force wants me at 225, which is nearly impossible, because I think my bone structure weights 210.

After leaving basic training, I actually went down to 235, but the way my metabolism is, I stay between 240 and 250 religously, but my doc told me that 250 was not overweight for someone of my height. Unless you are a doctor in the Air Force. Then they are not happy unless you are a twig able to lift 400 lbs.

How is Drop Zone on you? It was getting tight on my chest. I backed off on some lifting and dropped some weight and was ok.

Drop Zone really is not that bad and you would think that it is.

I think that the majority of the problems I ahve come from the overhead restraints.

<G> Backing off from liftin heavy just ain't a option for me. <G>

Sane? Seriously man, if you want to stay sane, thats what beer is for.

As for my sanity, I lost it a long time ago, and dont feel like looking for it. Just goes to show you that raising kids at the age of 13 (No there not mine, long story short my sister had 3 and the father ran off) really doesnt pay off in the long run.

Guest kwindshawne

My friend weighs about 280 and carries it all in the middle-the ride he has the hardest time on is The Beast. (As he states, he rides it last due to the pain involved). But even someone that big can fit, but it is a tight fit.