Food at the parks?

becca011906

We were at Disney this winter and found the prices and quality to be much better there than at KI. It was almost $13 for a cheesburger, fries, and a drink. I was sick of the free water by supper time. Bubba Gumps (Sp?) is the best value. The food was very good. Everyone in my group (there were 8 of us) really enjoyed the meal. Leave the park and eat somewhere else. Disney offers a much better variety and a way better quality.

...good thing that Disney does, too. Leaving the parks down there and going somewhere else isn't very practical, and many of the places around the WDW resort are far worse rip-offs than anything in any park.

Kings Island, nearly like Kennywood, faces far more serious competition for food almost right outside the gates. Kennywood realizes it, has some very good food, and prices it well.

There is a lesson here. . .perhaps Cedar Fair will learn it.

The old Kings Island never was inexpensive on food, but the quality was excellent. I particularly remember, and miss, the great barbecue cooked outside on the pits, the fruit cups sold by the lake, and, most of all, the International Street Restaurant. Kings Island is one of the few major parks without a single tablecloth, waiter service restaurant. A pity.

With CF at the helm it would be great to get a new restaurant like the Midway Market at CP. Its prices were great for an amusement park and the food quality was comparable to Golden Corral or Ryans which I don't think is to bad for a park.

(One of the secrets of eating at Cedar Point is you can go to Famous Dave's, the Breakwater Cafe, the coffee shop at Breakers or to Dominics, all right outside the park but on property, for very little, if any, more money than going to Midway Market. All offer better food, are quieter and more relaxing and are excellent alternatives to staying in the park. Heck, even the Bay Harbor Inn is not all that unreasonable, and compared to, say, Bubba Gumps, offers fine cuisine.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing nobody seemed to mention was Skyline. While those from out of state might not like cheeze coneys and 4 ways, those who have grown up to love it can get it EXTREMELY cheap compared to the other mark ups. A cheese coney at a regular skyline is 1.39-1.49, while at the one in Kings Island is only 1.89. The appearance quality is not always as good (the lines are extremely long and so they move a lot faster than at a traditional skyline), but they taste just as good. Drinks are unfortunately the same price as everywhere else, but nowhere will you find a cut on drink prices.

Kings Island is one of the few major parks without a single tablecloth, waiter service restaurant. A pity.
Just wait. That's all I'll say for now.. Cedar Faire has shown a strong interest in having a dine-in location, with a few executives from various restaurants have looked into it. Look for 2007. biggrin.gif

~ Steven