Snoopy Comes To Bonfonte Gardens' Holiday Lights

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/ne...ase,14451.shtml

New Holiday Parade and Snoopy Debut at Third Annual Bonfante Gardens Holiday Lightsâ„¢

Posted on : Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:05:00 GMT | Author : Bonfante Gardens

News Category : PressRelease

GILROY, Calif., Nov. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The hardworking "elves" at Bonfante Gardens are making a list and checking it twice to insure Holiday Lights is twice as nice! Bonfante Gardens Holiday Lightsâ„¢ opens for a third season at California's only horticultural theme park Friday, November 24 with two new additions -- a festive "Home for the Holidays" parade and special appearances by Snoopy from Knott's Merry Farm!

For an extended 18 select evenings through December 23, Bonfante Gardens will be the only Bay Area theme park open for holiday season entertainment. The park will sparkle with millions of dazzling lights, an all-you-can-eat holiday feast, ice skating under the stars at Gilroy's only ice skating venue, holiday themed rides and visits with Santa. New in 2006, guests will be treated to a spectacular, all-new "Home for the Holidays" parade at 8:30 p.m. nightly.

The "Home for the Holidays" parade captures the magic and innocence of the holiday season. Three floats, standing more than 11 feet tall with live entertainment, will parade through the park adorned with life-size toys, tree-trimming elves and Santa Claus himself, checking off a very long naughty and nice list.

New this year, kids and grown-ups alike can also hug Snoopy from Southern California's Knott's Merry Farm. The lovable beagle from PEANUTS comic strips and television specials will greet guests at the park's ice skating area and wave to fans along the parade route.

Bonfante Gardens Holiday Lights opens Friday, November 24 and continues Fridays through Sundays through December 10 and daily December 15-23. The park is open nightly from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Admission Prices for Holiday Lights: * Single-night admission combo tickets (includes the all-you-can-eat Holiday Feast) are $39.99 for adults (ages 11 and older) and $29.99 for children ages 3-10. Additional fees apply for skate rental. * Single-night admission only tickets are $27.99 for adults (ages 11 and older) and $21.99 for children ages 3-10. Additional fees apply for skate rental.

All events, pricing and dates are subject to change without notice.

Bonfante Gardens is a non-profit organization managed by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio.

Well, I don`t know if it is really a sign or not. Considering that BG never had Nick characters to my knowledge. But definantly some interesting information. I think it would be unwise for Cedar Fair to ditch Nick.

I wonder if those three floats are from Kings Island`s Winterfest. I know that Cedar Fair shipped a few of KI`s floats out to Knott`s Berry Farm.

Of course, it doesn't have to be either, or...

There's room enough in the chain for both. (And, if you've listened to any of the conference calls, Kinzel sounds like a pretty big fan of the Nick franchise, and what it's done for the attendance at Paramount Parks...) And, while I've always been a big fan of CB and friends, the addition of "Camp Snoopy" at CF parks never seemed to generate the same bottom line impact as the addition of "Nick Lands" at PP did.

I haven't been to Bonfante Gardens, but from everything I've read about it, it seems like Snoopy would fit into the atmosphere there a lot more than green slime zones & Nick...especially at Christmas time.

Personally, I'd really like to see both franchises at the parks...including adding Nick-themes to the CF parks. For instance, I could see a Nickelodeon Universe being extremely beneficial to KBF in that tight, So. CA market.

I also can see the value of using Snoopy to attract the younger guests. Snoopy has a couple holiday specials out at that time of year and maybe I’m wrong but I don’t believe any of the Nickelodeon Characters have their own Holiday Show.

I wonder if those three floats are from Kings Island`s Winterfest. I know that Cedar Fair shipped a few of KI`s floats out to Knott`s Berry Farm.

Yes....I would look for the Toyland float (the ballerina/puppet float) The Giant christmas tree float with the elves wrapping the tree with lights, and of course the santa's list float.

Also look for a lot of PKI's decorations too. They sent quite a few out there to California last month.