17th of Feburary 2007:

westcoaster

Well myself and my lovely wife and 3yr old took on Knotts Berry Farm on Saturday, in California, With our great Cedar Fair max pass.

Oh what a park, First and foremost I rode Excellirator WOW!!! Very Cool Ride on a 57 chevy blasting you at 80 mph in 2 seconds.

Who Say's Cedar Point Cannot theme wow each part of the park is themed, Each part of the park the Workers wear different clothes.

The coasters are great, the Camp Snoopy Section is great (the rides have lower capacity than Kings Island(and no kiddie wooden coaster).

The shows are great.

The log flume (for theming is the best). In a mountain, and you have animatronic characters animals, speed up and slow downs and Just so heavily themed. Very good family ride. And the Mine ride where they take you into a recreated Gold mine wow!!! What a heavily themed ride!

The train ride around the park, is incredible cowboys got on and held up the train, and you ride in vintage train rides.

Downtown Knotts outside the park is cool, you can go anytime and never pay to get in the park.

The ghost town section is a real western town, wow from knives and gun shops, to shows and saloons, to lots of shops incredible.

Oh And Knotts has the best (We really mean it ) Funnel cake ever.

If you get the chance Please go oh what a park:

Thanks for the TR westcoaster. I've always heard good things about Knotts even from its pre CF days! I'd love to go, although I am in no financial shape to fly out to California on a students budget :P So there was enough to keep your child entertained? Thats good to hear, I had never been impressed with the kids sections at any Pre Paramount Acquisition Cedar Fair Park. Cedar Points kids areas are jokes. Glad to hear you had a good time!

Yes Cedar Point Stinks:

Camp Snoopy was great, and there timber land coaster was incredible:

===============================================

And there log flume they allow all ages on board and there mine ride Very highly themed rides:

and Yes my son only 3 we had a full day!!

Actually, the theming was there before Cedar Fair, and has been whittled away with concrete since CF took over. I went back in the 70's and KBF was quite comparable to Disney land. What they have now is several oversize rides that take the place of many other rides that were there before. The place is much, much smaller than Geauga lake, yet "foot print" doesn't seem to matter in this case. (Would you pay $5.00 to ride sky hawk? You will at Knott's)

Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT park, however, it seems that asphalt and concrete are cheaper than landscaping at Knott's. The only grass that I remember seeing was around Big Foot Rapids....anyway, glad you had a great trip.