This may be a stupid question..

ohiomom28

But has anyone else noticed the lifeguards all nodding their heads at Boomerang Bay? We were sitting at the wave pool today and I noticed one doing it, just thought it was him until another took his place and started doing it. I looked around and all of them were doing it ALL the time! Maybe its just me but I thought it was kinda weird..

And it was alot busier today than I thought it would be. Our schools are still in around here (Dayton), so I thought maybe it wouldn't be packed. It was a hot one though!

Several theories to present here:

#1 They are all keeping beat with either the park music or songs in their heads.

#2 They are simply doing their job. Lifeguards in the pool areas are required to scan their area which may require them to look up and down frequently. Also, lifeguards on the slides may be watching riders go down.

#3 You are imagining things.

Nope, it reminded me of a guy I went to school with that constantly nodded his head up and down slowly like he was saying yes. But its is really slow. I only looked at the wave pool because we were getting ready to leave. I wasn't imagining it I know and it wasn't like they were scanning. Oh well, just thought maybe someone knew. I notice those types of things..lol

If it really is slow I am more inclined to believe they were scanning the pool despite what you've said. As a lifeguard myself I know what scanning looks like and from what you've described that is scanning. The wavepool is very wide which means the guards will have to slowly move their heads up and down in order to see what is in the middle of the pool and what is directly beneath them. It shouldn't take them more than 20 seconds to look up, down, and then back up again.