Songs that go well with rides at KI

BB1

What songs do you believe go well with rides at KI?

Adventure Express-Raiders of the lost ark march

Beast-The Exorsist theme

Flight of Fear- X-files theme

Thats just a few whats yours?

Invertigo - Vertigo by U2 again (I kind of thought of a Vertigo parody called Invertigo)

Drop Tower - It's current Right Now by Van Halen

The Beast - I kind of like whatever it's new music is

Adventure Express - Like jdawg said, Indiana Jones theme like it has

I kind of like most of the current music for the rides.

Adventure Express- The existing soundtrack... And the reprogramming of the driver's mic so as to allow the Station Master play! B)

Flight of Fear- Keep the existing sound effects, and the on ride soundtrack. I absolutely love that, and I'd prefer it to stay the same!

Drop Tower- Right now, you might as well use it for seasons to come. (anybody get that?)

The Racer- How about that '70s music that was promised to us during the offseason?

WindSeeker- Gosh, they can do so much with this, such as

, or maybe even this.

The Grand Carousel- A working organ that plays music.

The Beast- There's been some music playing in the queues this year and last that's sorta been off and on, so let's get that working consistently. The same is true with the soundtrack on the lifts. I've been thrice this year, and I've only heard the music on the lifts once. But I would also change the lift music, back to when it was the Independence Day score. I loved how it would play throughout the whole lift, not just half.

Backlot Stunt Coaster- In line, I'd to go with this.

As for Halloween Haunt, I would use these:

6. This one I think would make an excellent addition for our Haunt. It starts out very soft and low, and gradually crescendos for an epic finish to the piece.

So, there's a hint at what I would use if I were to run the music department! :P

PS- Cedar Fair should be able to play soundtrack scores through the in park speakers, right? Music copyright works differently than does theming rights (that's how we got Inception, and last Haunt season actually, Independence Day. Food for thought)

• Like 2

Son of Beast...

Lol!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That song is quickly becoming for enthusiasts what "It's a Small World" is to those currently riding it at Disney.

Even Jim Rome uses it now too!

True. Trust me, Ive been rick rolled more times than I care to count, But I thought it seemed fitting..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What song is playing in Invertigo's station this year? I kinda liked Vertigo more.

What song is played by Delirium? I don't think it's still Song 2 by Blur.

Also, what is being played in Flight Deck's que on the cruddy speakers?

Sorry for all the questions, I was at the park today and got curious in line.

• Like 1

PS- Cedar Fair should be able to play soundtrack scores through the in park speakers, right? Music copyright works differently than does theming rights (that's how we got Inception, and last Haunt season actually, Independence Day. Food for thought)

The licensing of music is the same whether it is played on a ride or through a background sound system. The music heard on The Crypt goes through the same process as what you hear even in a mall. Most works of music are licensed through an organization, particularly BMI (Broadcast Music Inc.) and ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers). If it's played publicly, you need the rights to do so.

• Like 1

^Can the same be said for Flight of Fear? If so, could we also, in theory, be able to get the Tomb Raider scores seperate from the theming rights?

What song is playing in Invertigo's station this year? I kinda liked Vertigo more.

What song is played by Delirium? I don't think it's still Song 2 by Blur.

Also, what is being played in Flight Deck's que on the cruddy speakers?

Sorry for all the questions, I was at the park today and got curious in line.

Flight Deck plays music from the Transformers (Revenge of the Fallen). The speakers in the queue are terrible, but the station speakers are good.

^Can the same be said for Flight of Fear? If so, could we also, in theory, be able to get the Tomb Raider scores seperate from the theming rights?

Let me repeat: ANY work of music that goes through a licensing organization must be cleared for its performance or broadcast in a public setting.The music from the Tomb Raider films fall under the same idea of licensing as the music from Tomb Raider: The Ride. If you didn't create it, you have to pay the person who did and their publisher in order to do so. If you pay the price, you can play your heart out with music from Lost. If they are telling you they don't want their music played, you must obey this order or face legal consequences. For example: If they were allowed and paid to use Flight of Fear's music, they can play it all they want. If they weren't allowed or didn't pay to use TRTR's music, then they were forced to change it... and they did.

• Like 1