GKTW TR

Purplehaze

Well I am exhausted and have tons of pics from today but I will post a few now. I arrived extra early this morning to relax at the employee entrance where it was so quiet and peaceful.

f2d0d68a.jpg

DSCF1487.jpg

DSCF1488.jpg

DSCF1490.jpg

DSCF1495.jpg

Above are some of the best crew you could have anywhere. We had several awesome crew members but these really stood out! They all deserve a round of applause!!!

DSCF1497.jpg

DSCF1498.jpg

DSCF1499.jpgDSCF1500.jpg

This was our lunch! They did it up in style!!! I am happy they let our private ride ops for the day have lunch with us, it even surprised them!

Now as we all know KIcoastergirl will come in here and make a real trip report.. lol So I leave it to her.. :) I will try to add more pics soon!

Yes but we ran two trains so we could sit where ever when ever. later int he day we stuck to one train and let the public ride the other one, which was kind of a cluster F. Everytime we came in we did not get off ours and they would be like WTH! Then poor Jessica the rides op had to explain to the guest what was going on.

I think it's real awesome that Kings Island did this, I couldn't attend it unfortunately, but I have actually been to GKTW on a service trip which was one of the most touching moments of my life. I think it's wonderful what they do there the children and families there definitely deserve all the money raised by this event.

This an awesome experience and was a nice turnout for a first time event. The ride ops were excellent and my 5 rides with Brian were great. Was cool to meet new people and ride Racer til I just couldn't stomach it for another second. Lunch was great and in a wonderful area, though the chicken strips Don mentioned in the morning failed to appear, lol.

Helping this great cause at my favorite park was an honor.

I am hopeful that next year will see an even larger turnout now that people can talk about just how nice this event was. Plenty of regular park goers donated money as well throughout the day.

I to, was foolish enough to ride ol Red this afternoon.