Halloween Haunt to Feature Half-Pint Brawlers

Kirk Sheppard

^They wouldn't dare. If they did, I would forever shun Kings Island and I would just...just be horrified. Who did they put out last year? Michael Jackson? <_<

Michael Jackson, Farah Fawcet, Steve McNair, the list goes on. And while they took them down, it did get them international headlines....

...which was exactly what they planned to do from the start...

Terp, who thinks that was truly incredible (and cynical) planning and marketing

^They wouldn't dare. If they did, I would forever shun Kings Island and I would just...just be horrified. Who did they put out last year? Michael Jackson? <_<

Michael Jackson, Farah Fawcet, Steve McNair, the list goes on. And while they took them down, it did get them international headlines....

...which was exactly what they planned to do from the start...

Terp, who thinks that was truly incredible (and cynical) planning and marketing

I agree Terp, genius.

HTCO, who needs to stop posting such short reply's.

The celebrity skeleton display was up for the P&G sellout days (I believe it was P&G) so it wasn't hidden from public view. It was, however, removed before Haunt began.

Also, I'm willing to go as far as saying that the park came out way ahead from it. Was it appalling? Certainly. It did it's job and then was quietly removed. Either it was a PR nightmare that happened to work out well (national coverage) or it was a work of publicity-stunt brilliance. You be the judge.

The midget wrestling is the same way. I'm sure it's supposed to be a wacky, ridiculous idea that really has nothing to do with Halloween (then again, if a 20-something year old bad actor trying to scare me in a haunted house has something to do with Halloween then I give up on the holiday anyway). It will excite some, interest many and offend a few. None the less, it will make for some good publicity... but I think this one's here to stay.

Also Elton John

I for one liked the displays. People are just to sensitive sometimes....

Couldn't agree more

I believe what you said it was a nice premium to the then selling price...which it was.

Longer term, $11.50 could still end up being a great deal...though Friday FUN closed at $11.44. It had been significantly higher recently...

At the time they were having trouble securing capital for their revolving credit facilities. They have a little bit of breathing room. Let's hope it stays that way... or better. Will it? That's the Q. :-)

How could you know you liked them? They were removed before opening, after the park first denied they even existed...then it was pointed out a tv station had footage of them, at which time the park apologized...

I believe they were there at the GE private event day last year...but I could be wrong.

Also, I'm willing to go as far as saying that the park came out way ahead from it. Was it appalling? Certainly. It did it's job and then was quietly removed. Either it was a PR nightmare that happened to work out well (national coverage) or it was a work of publicity-stunt brilliance. You be the judge.

Had the rest of the event been as ground-breaking and revolutionary as they claim it to be, then I would agree with the display being "a work of publicity-stunt brilliance." As it stands, though, with the extreme disappointment I felt with Slaughterhouse and the fact that several mazes have yet to receive a major overhaul since their inception (four of them turn 10 next year), I feel more attention needs to be paid towards actually MAKING the event ground-breaking and revolutionary instead of just throwing a couple of swimming pools of blood on everything and getting everyone to believe it's brand-new (although there are some things they do get right and have done really well).

Had the rest of the event been as ground-breaking and revolutionary as they claim it to be, then I would agree with the display being "a work of publicity-stunt brilliance." As it stands, though, with the extreme disappointment I felt with Slaughterhouse and the fact that several mazes have yet to receive a major overhaul since their inception (four of them turn 10 next year), I feel more attention needs to be paid towards actually MAKING the event ground-breaking and revolutionary instead of just throwing a couple of swimming pools of blood on everything and getting everyone to believe it's brand-new (although there are some things they do get right and have done really well).

I'm talking about the media attention received from the display specifically. I typically just do the mazes the first night then any other time I go I just see the shows and get some late night rides in.

I don't think the park ever admitted the tennis match was a stunt! :)

And no, I don't think this is...

The park doubtless thinks this is a complement to the typical fare it offers for its Haunt.

I don't exactly think that midget wrestling will bring thousands through the gates but hey, at least it's something different...

I don't think the park ever admitted the tennis match was a stunt! :)

And no, I don't think this is...

The park doubtless thinks this is a complement to the typical fare it offers for its Haunt.

I don't exactly think that midget wrestling will bring thousands through the gates but hey, at least it's something different...

If a skeleton of Steve McNair and a couple of live goats can bring thousands through the gates, then surely a couple of half-pint brawlers could do the same.

Oh, wait...