Lightning strike and transformer fire at Kings Island

Oldschool75

Fox19 reported a possible transformer fire at Kings Island after a lighting strike. Not sure actually in the park or right by it. Yes I am watching the news and on my laptop in my bathroom as I do not have a basement.

***update Fox19 reported that Duke Energy said lightning struck at the park and there is a transformer fire****

I live on Snider, and the storm pretty much came in with about a 45mph gust, when we came back up from our shelter, we found not much more than a bunch of loose tree boughs strewn about, some small leaves and lots of blossom petals stuck to the side of our truck. Glad everyone seems to be ok.

Man oh man, looks like BSC has its fire scene back and its better then ever!

Serious note: Hope nothing was damaged other then the transformer or maybe the dinosaurs :o history repeating itself I see.

i didnt know Kings Island had the rights to Transformers.

Last time I checked, it doesn't. Paramount had made some noise about a transformers attraction in one of them olde surveys they used do. I wish they still owned the park.

I think he was being sarcastic. lol

^nothing interesting, the wind got up last night and the camera was turned. it's done this several times in the past few weeks.

Well I'm not addicted to the Eiffel Tower cam so I wouldn't know :P I was going on his post how he said it was turned back on and that it wasn't facing the correct way, hence interesting for me.

Dumb weather people though said that my town was going to get the worst of it. Then yelling and screaming for everyone to wake up, family went downstairs, got flashlights, candles...and sure enough the storm cell passed right by us!

But, by the looks of this transformer fire, I'm glad nothing bad happened to my house.....