What is Truly Cincinnati?

BB1

I've driven through downtown Atlanta on I-75 four times, twice southbound and twice northbound. I have yet to encounter significant traffic that was enough to make me turn off my 55 mph cruise control. Maybe it's because both southbound traversals were about 2:30 pm and both northbound traversals were about 10:30 am, thereby missing rush hour every time.

The perimeter is not where ATL traffic typically is.

That'd be like saying you know DC traffic as you've driven the beltway or I-95.

When you KNOW it typically took two hours to drive 3 miles to the post office from your apartment in Sandy Springs after work to get your mail, then you can talk about Atlanta traffic.

In DC, I-66 is HOV ONLY during rush. Not an HOV lane--the entire lanes going in or out of DC.

In both DC and Atlanta, for a high toll, you can drive in the "Fast Lane" type fast lanes.

• Like 1

But...you had to look!

:)

My point is made. A person familiar with Atlanta traffic would not have had to look, and would have said the worst traffic is not on any of the freeways...

Atlanta people know the worst traffic, by far, is on what they call "surface streets." (A term I've never heard in DC or elsewhere. Surface streets? It's not like the freeways are all elevated...

Sneaky Terpy....

• Like 1

The location the really defines Cincinnati is Fountain Square. It is always the location for the celebration of big events like when the Reds won the World Series back in 1975-76 and 1990 and hopefully sometime again in the near future. We can also hope it will be the location of the big celebration when the Bengals win the Super Bowl (when hell freezes over). You will see all kinds of crazies down there getting drunk and wild during the celebration. Like the time in 75 with a guy hanging off of the light pole and the cop waiting to take him to his "hotel" room.

• 4 weeks later...