worst trip to the park I ever had...

Cormaster

My trip totally sucked this time. I went with my wife, my brother, and my brother in-law. We pulled up about 11:30, and the place was packed. Hey guess what they hold proms earlier and their were a bunch of stupid high school kids flooding the park. I thought it was supposed to be dead on opening day? Not this time.

At first it wasn't so bad but it got worse as the day went on. The park just kept getting busier and busier. Top Gun and Vortex now tighter restraints so now guess what? My wife can't ride them! As if it wasn't bad enough she was denied The Beast, The Racer, and FoF, now she can't even ride one of the best coasters in the park! Its for that reason and that reason alone I am hating Cedar Fair. Well not just that the music still sucks. Oh and the prices on food, horrible. We went to the festhaus for lunch after her brother wouldn't stop whining about being hungry, and Me and my wife got this exactly: Bacon cheesburger, chicken fingers, one order of fries (we split them) a bottle of water and a large vault. I pulled out a $20 and they go "your order comes to 26.58" and I replied "someone pick my clothes off the ground because I just got RAPED!"

The employees at the festhaus sucked. My bro asked for some breadsticks and the chick goes "hold on let me check" and he waits like 8 minutes. She comes back and goes "do you need anything" and he's like "uh yeah breadsticks" and she goes "sorry we are all out". Wow it took her 8 minutes to tell us that!

On The Vortex I lost it. After Jackie couldn't fit in the newly redesigned restraint I screamed "Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL THE PARK BACK TO PARAMOUNT." one of the chicks working there said "wow that was obscene" and Jackie goes "thats my husband" "oh I'm sorry for you" "well we just got gold pass memberships and after the new restraints on the rides i can't ride anything".

Seriously Cedar Fair if the rides not broke DON'T FIX IT!!!! These rides have ran how long with the same restraints and how many accidents have occured? ZERO!

We will be going back and the good news is she barely wasn't able to make it so after an extensive 1500 calorie diet in the month of may, we'll be all good. But yeah I will never ever ever go back on opening day again!

What a bust and waste of time and gas!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't go back, I do not enjoy hearing language like that. (Especially if I am with my daughter). That's really bad if your wife has to apologies for you, even though she really did not apologies. If you have a problem with the park, I would suggest going to the newly renovated guest relations and let every one else enjoy their day at the park.

Well first of all Im sorry you seemed to have been cheated out on your trip to KI today. Cedar Fair must of had a good reason to change the restraints and I'm sure if you wouldn't be so hot headed and thought about it then you might understand. There are different rules and regulations that they must abide by, it might very well be possible that those rules were changed this year to help make the rides more safe. You cant get upset at a company for trying to ensure the best safety for their riders. I think you were acting quite childish yourself for some of the comments you made personally, perhaps its time to hit the treadmill for some

You say you have a wife, so I assume you're an adult. By the way you seem to have presented yourself at the park, though, I really have to question my assumption. Regardless of how bad your day may have been, you are seriously acting like one of the most immature 'adults' I've ever heard of.

istockphoto_2556312_cry_baby.jpg

Despite the wording in the original post the concerns are valid.

Prices, employee attentiveness and being able to fit comfortably in the rides are all valid points.

I can remember a certain flagship park that has had its own issues with its restraints.

What is childish, is the response about hitting the treadmill and posting the cry baby picture. What could be an interesting conversation about the aforementioned topics is off to a great start...

It is nice to see some nostalgic food prices....

Just my opinion of course

What is childish, is the response about hitting the treadmill and posting the cry baby picture.

Just as childish as yelling:

"Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL THE PARK BACK TO PARAMOUNT."

What could've been a legitimate conversation over legitimate concerns was going down hill with the first post.

Corn, sorry to hear you had a bad day, but wasn't there anything positive?

Hey guess what they hold proms earlier and their were a bunch of stupid high school kids flooding the park. I thought it was supposed to be dead on opening day? Not this time.

First off, what makes high school kids stupid? The park has things for people of all ages, it doesn't matter if there were proms or its the weekend, spring is here, and kids love Kings Island. True, there were a lot of proms and a lot of times they give out those "after prom 2008" shirts, but who cares when prom was? Kids are going to come regardless and the park has attractions for people of all ages. It's the first day, why would it be dead?

At first it wasn't so bad but it got worse as the day went on. The park just kept getting busier and busier. Top Gun and Vortex now tighter restraints so now guess what? My wife can't ride them! As if it wasn't bad enough she was denied The Beast, The Racer, and FoF, now she can't even ride one of the best coasters in the park! Its for that reason and that reason alone I am hating Cedar Fair.

I don't know exactly what you are referring to on Top Gun and Vortex, but if you're referring to the seat belts, those are the only things that changed and those were new last year. Don't know if you went last year or not. It may not always be Cedar Fair's fault either, the state of Ohio requires that parks follow all manufacturer recommendations.

Bacon cheesburger, chicken fingers, one order of fries (we split them) a bottle of water and a large vault. I pulled out a $20 and they go "your order comes to 26.58" and I replied "someone pick my clothes off the ground because I just got RAPED!"

Gotta agree with you there, food prices in the park and other parks around the country are pretty bad, but the rape comment, if you really said that it really says a lot about your maturity.

Rude employees in food service and rides are certainly not a good thing, but maybe a polite response to guest relations or letting a superior employee know would be a lot more effective than:

I screamed "Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL THE PARK BACK TO PARAMOUNT."

Seriously Cedar Fair if the rides not broke DON'T FIX IT!!!! These rides have ran how long with the same restraints and how many accidents have occured? ZERO!

A lot of things may have been done for safety or because the manufacturer recommends it, regardless it's a change not to p**s guest off, but for safety.

We will be going back and the good news is she barely wasn't able to make it so after an extensive 1500 calorie diet in the month of may, we'll be all good. But yeah I will never ever ever go back on opening day again!

Glad to hear you will be going back, hopefully you'll have a much more enjoyable experience. I too need start watching what I eat and drop some weight. If crowds annoy you, you said you do own a Gold Pass, then I recommend going during the middle of the week.

Funny, I got 2 Vaults, fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, a BBQ sandwich, and a cookie for $15. I didn't find that a bad deal.

What restraunt at KI is that from, it sounds good!

He must have went to Wings Buffet. From the new sign out front, they had Pot Roast and Sliced Turkey on the buffet now so we HAD to try it out. I am telling you, if the buffet is like this EVERYDAY, then this is the best bang for the buck. I was VERY impressed. A very big step in the right direction! They even have an Ice Cream bar in it now!

I actually had quite the opposite day. My son and I really enjoyed ourselves and had ridden everything major(excluding BLSC) in about 6 hours.

The only thing that seemed different to me were the black straps that were added to the seatbelts that were new last year (as Gordan has already pointed out) and that each employee that checked the seatbelt/restraints said check... check... check.

My trip totally sucked this time. I went with my wife, my brother, and my brother in-law. We pulled up about 11:30, and the place was packed. Hey guess what they hold proms earlier and their were a bunch of stupid high school kids flooding the park. I thought it was supposed to be dead on opening day? Not this time.

Opening day was packed last year too. The park opens about two weeks later than it has in past years so the better weather is a little more attractive.

Oh, and I agree with Gordon.. Kids are NOT dumber than us... they're just shorter than us.

I pulled out a $20 and they go "your order comes to 26.58" and I replied "someone pick my clothes off the ground because I just got RAPED!"

You can love or hate the food prices at Kings Island, but they are listed right in front of you and what it adds up to is what you'll pay. That shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise to you. Plus if you want to place a valid concern, comments like that will get you nowhere in life.

The employees at the festhaus sucked. My bro asked for some breadsticks and the chick goes "hold on let me check" and he waits like 8 minutes. She comes back and goes "do you need anything" and he's like "uh yeah breadsticks" and she goes "sorry we are all out". Wow it took her 8 minutes to tell us that!

I think you were the unfortunate victim of a happening. Stuff like that happens sometimes. The person made a mistake. I on the other hand, who has darn near gotten into fist fights with KI officials about the food quality at KI, was very pleasantly surprised with the food quality at the buffet, which I always though had some of the worst food in the park. The $15 was money well spent on that, so I'd recommend giving that a shot next time.

On The Vortex I lost it. After Jackie couldn't fit in the newly redesigned restraint I screamed "Cedar Fair SUCKS SELL THE PARK BACK TO PARAMOUNT." one of the chicks working there said "wow that was obscene" and Jackie goes "thats my husband" "oh I'm sorry for you" "well we just got gold pass memberships and after the new restraints on the rides i can't ride anything".

You can't tell me that you don't look back and realize that your comment was unnecessary. They try to make those rides as safe as possible for as many people as possible. Unfortunately, that results in some people being unable to fit in the ride. Fortunately Kings Island is going to offer a LOT to do besides rides this season. Just wait until everything unfolds.

What a bust and waste of time and gas!

When you were in the Festhaus, did you catch County Line? It's a long drive to Kings Island for me and that show made it all worth it. I'm not a big country fan or anything, but the production value of the show was off the chain in my book.

Funny, I got 2 Vaults, fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, a BBQ sandwich, and a cookie for $15. I didn't find that a bad deal.

What restraunt at KI is that from, it sounds good!

He must have went to Wings Buffet. From the new sign out front, they had Pot Roast and Sliced Turkey on the buffet now so we HAD to try it out. I am telling you, if the buffet is like this EVERYDAY, then this is the best bang for the buck. I was VERY impressed. A very big step in the right direction! They even have an Ice Cream bar in it now!

I was also impressed with Wings. My son liked the popcorn shrimp and I thought the wider selection this year was a huge!! improvement. Also, all of the food was well stocked and fresh, believe it or not. I will be eating there again. Absolutely the best food value in the park. The only problem was getting the kids to eat vegetables instead of "all you can eat" pudding...LOL

Guest TombraiderTy
Hey guess what they hold proms earlier and their were a bunch of stupid high school kids flooding the park. I thought it was supposed to be dead on opening day? Not this time.

Kings Island is a family park that is meant for all ages, and teenagers are included in this. I get annoyed with certain age groups (usually 8-11), but I continually accept the fact they have as much right at the park as I do.

Top Gun and Vortex now tighter restraints so now guess what? My wife can't ride them! As if it wasn't bad enough she was denied The Beast, The Racer, and FoF, now she can't even ride one of the best coasters in the park!

This is not the park's fault, they are required to abide by the state's rules. And I apologize that Kings Island wants to prevent even the slightest possible accident from occuring, which could happen to your own wife.

Well not just that the music still sucks.

We agree on something!

Well, most of it. I heard what I believe was "Cotton Eye Joe" on the KI&MVRR, which fit with the theme not at all. However, Nickelodeon Universe music is still a good choice reflecting the age-groups who visit that area.

Oh and the prices on food, horrible.

If you want reasonable food prices at an amusement park, Holiday World is your best bet. However, Kings Island being one park in a major chain, the food prices will be higher.

Me and my wife got this exactly: Bacon cheesburger, chicken fingers, one order of fries (we split them) a bottle of water and a large vault. I pulled out a $20 and they go "your order comes to 26.58" and I replied "someone pick my clothes off the ground because I just got RAPED!"

Well first off, you can get water for free from a drinking fountain or bring in your own water, like I did today. This helps reduce costs. Also, once more, food prices will always be high at major amusement parks.

That act of yours was not only disrespectful to the employees, who had no say in the restraints, but to the guests around you. That is one of my biggest pet peeves- people who used swear words and other inappropiate behavior at Kings Island, completely ignoring the fact a six year old is right behind them and hearing every word they say.

These rides have ran how long with the same restraints and how many accidents have occured? ZERO!

The Beast ran for decades prior to its small accident when two trains collided. Flight Commander gave hundreds of rides prior to Candy Taylor's death. Sky Ride operated for several years until it was jammed. Shall I continue?

Although it is a disappointment that your opening day wasn't too enjoyable, you must realize that many of your complaints have existed for years and will most likely not change anytime soon.

Guest kwindshawne

Last year was a transition year, and I will have to admit I was very disappointed in the changes. When I took my father in I could see the sadness in his eyes of all the changes, and he even mentioned it the other day. Well, I can't say that is the case this year. I finished my shift, changed and took a walk around the place. I will have to say the changes that are finally coming to pass are going in the right direction. I was pleasantly surprised with the show in festhaus-reminded me of the old days. I didn't encounter one rude employee today which was not the case last year. And racer- ******** awesome!!! Riding the new forward track-it had to have been the smoothest ride I have ever taken on it. All in all, the park was a lot cleaner, and I was glad some of the brush had been cleaned out. **** happens-the only bad thing I saw were some line jumpers on Vortex, but guess what? The girls that did it got stuck on the hill going up, so se la vie.

Things can't always stay the same-I was sorry to see scum lake-scuse me swan lake disappear, but maybe that is not such a bad thing. All in all, I am very pleased with the way the day went.

I had a very pleasant day at the park and i had a pretty good time. I shun you for using your language and such but on the other hand i can see where you sre coming from. Just hopefully next time you will have a better experience.

Guest TombraiderTy
Question: did Wings always used to be a buffet.

Excellent question. WINGS was converted from a regular restaurant where you placed an order at a counter to a buffet in 2007. As many have said, it is easily one of the best values at the park.

also, how cool does it have to be out to turn off the elephant on the log flume, when the sun went down it felt like 58 degrees, I was going to ride that and couldn't believe it was turned on in sweatshirt weather.

Please tell me I am not going to half to listen to that horrible 80's music every time I'm in line for The Beast, I can only take that for so long before I lose my mind.

It was interesting to ride The Racer forwards and see the different view, but the thrill is gone for me.

Positives:

So nice to see anything Paramounts completely gone, the park looked cleaner and nicer than I have seen it in a long time, I can't wait to see the new ride develop

I did see two things from the Paramount days today in the park. Next to phone at Vortex it still says Paramount's Kings Island on the list of rides phone #'s. Also in Juke Box Diner they still had a little sign up to the left of the first register that said Paramount Parks and it was taking about the guest servery which went away several years ago. LOL

I do not understand the mindset that Cedar Fair is deliberately trying to make their guests have a poor time. Its similar to when guests act as though the park has ride break downs on purpose.

You mean to tell me that The Crypt was closed today for any other reason other than to ruin my day? :blink:

:P

Guys I'm sorry and yeah my comments on The Vortex were uncalled for and i agree it was stupid and immature. But it was just a bad day and that was pretty much the last straw and I lost it at that point. And it didn't help that her brother was being a whiny crybaby the whole trip whining about how tired and hungry he was the whole trip and talked about leaving early before we even had thought about that. We decided we wanted to ride The Vortex, our brothers wanted to go to Nick universe and ride the scooby doo ride. So at that point our brothers went their own ways and it was just me and her. And I ended up riding the ride by myself, and while The Vortex has always been my favorite ride it didn't even really phase me. her not being able to ride with me breaks my heart, it really does, and that was just the last straw. And it was so much of a last straw we grabbed our brothers and left afterwards.

I wrote my post to completly vent my frustration, because it was a rough day. I really expected it to be dead, and 10 years ago when I was in high school, prom wasn't untill may, so that totally caught me off guard, and even she said "we better go now before prom starts". As for the Paramount/Cedar Fair switch I'm still 50/50. I like some of the things they did, hate some of the other things they did. Really the harnesses, and my wife who's always had a weight problem told me she never went to Cedar Point for that very reason. I'm sure its a good thing but we can't all be 5'8 and 90 pounds like these rides are obviously created for. I mean I am not by any means skinny, I'm a pretty average slightly overweight american, but I'm 6'2 250 pounds and while I have no trouble at all riding anything, my height makes the rides somewhat uncomfortable. I'll never understand why they can't make these cars just a little bigger. If they just made them say 5 feet longer they'd fit all sorts of people of different sizes and weight saftely, and the cab room would be more comfortable. I find it funny when I read about everyone complaining about the rumors they "might" change the cars on The Beast and racer, when I think "i'm all for it, they might acctually fit people over 6 foot and 250 pounds now!" Honestly, the Son of Beasts new cars fit both me and my wife pretty comfortably so I have no problems at all with them switching cars.

Also though, on a side note, the weather ruined the day too. Weatherman can't predict crap I swear. I check the weather on friday and I see "Sunny, 72 degrees" and I get there and its cloudy with a cold chilling win, and a little bit of rain, at 61 degrees. No one's fault really, but yeah it was something that strained all of our moods.

As for the Cedar Point owenership I see the positives as retheming and return to the old days, new coasters without sacrificing old rides, but the negatives I see horrible gawd awful muzak music, higher food prices, and unnecessary saftey restraints. I'm still trying to keep an open mind, but man. I still cant' get over the fact that these rides were just fine with the old fashine restraint systems designed for it. Take The Vortex, its been running since what 1987? All they've ever had for it was just the over the head restraint. You get in the car pull the restraint down, and your going no where unless your under 4 feet, in which your not going to be allowed to get on the ride anyway. Paramount didn't have a problem with that, why does Cedar Fair? And as for these saftey belts, if they want to add them then fine! but why not make them adjustable?

I'm sorry but if you pay $80 for a season pass you should be able to ride anything you darn well please and thats how I feel!

wow theres a bunch of

******** on this site I can tell. just browsing this thread. Probably why I don't come here a whole lot. Not everyone, but nothing like coming to a site to vent and being called a crybaby and a hothead. And to be told I'm not an adult. And then to insult my wife. YOu don't even know my wife . I have issues quitting smoking, she has issues qutting eating because she's an emotional eater, we are acctually in the process of trying to get approval for Gastric bypass surgery for her. And I'm sorry that some of you guys can apparently control your frustration better than I can. I did hold it in pretty well for 5 rides. The I exploded.