Information on the world's longest kickline feat. The Rockettes.

BoddaH1994

Rockettes attempt to break the world record for World’s longest kickline Saturday at Kings Island

Who: All park visitors are invited to join the world famous Rockettes as they attempt to break their own world record for the longest kickline.

Where: Kings Island

When: Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 4:00pm in Coney Mall. Participants are asked to meet at 3:00pm on International Street by the Administration Office entrance.

What: The Rockettes are in town to promote their Radio City Christmas Spectacular which will be performed at U.S. Bank Arena November 28-30. All kickline participants will receive a discount voucher for tickets to the show.

I talked to GR on the way out on the 20th, and they told me unofficially we didn't get it.

No Helbig participating in the grand dance? Sheesh, I bet Jeff Seibert would have pranced his tush about!

No. He was running around the area, but I'm sure he didn't kick along with us. Wouldn't that be funny if we were just one person short?

On a side note, your very own Kawana is featured in that video at the 2:53 mark in grey shorts and a grey shirt. We had to keep touching the people next to us and all I'll say is I'm glad I have longer arms.

Oh, really? I thought his job was to get the park news...and his dancing would certainly do that! :)

Agreed. Considering this was one of the most poorly promoted events this year at KI, in my opinion, I wouldn't be surprised if the record wasn't broken. We were told two different things when we arrived about where to go to be a part of the kick line which differed from what was printed on the flyer that was given out at the parking tolls. I even talked to Nick who has a gold name tag, and he had no clue what was going on. While we were lined up, people were asking what was going on. Someone dropped the ball on this one. Not one person could say with authority where to be or even at what time.

On a side note, your very own Kawana is featured in that video at the 2:53 mark in grey shorts and a grey shirt. We had to keep touching the people next to us and all I'll say is I'm glad I have longer arms.

As I was filming it, I was wondering how many KIC members I was getting on tape. There is a darn good chance that if you were in that line, you are in that video!

This event was conducted by US Bank Arena and the Rockettes. It was the marketing rep from USBA that changed the time and location, which is why people were getting conflicting information about the kick line. No one from Kings Island dropped the ball on this.

Huh?

An event held at the park and you're posting that the park does not have responsibility for it's direction?

My guess is that had the record been broken, the post would have trumpeted the great success and how integral the park was in the event.

Boddah, it's fine to be a cheerleader but ya gotta take the good with the bad.

This event was conducted by US Bank Arena and the Rockettes. It was the marketing rep from USBA that changed the time and location, which is why people were getting conflicting information about the kick line. No one from Kings Island dropped the ball on this.

Allow me to correct myself.

US Bank Arena had nothing to do with yesterday's world record kickline attempt. It was organized by Gameday Communications for publicity to the Rockettes' show at US Bank Arena in December.

Fair enough. It still was a mess of confusion and uncertainty.