Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Purplehaze

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Purplehaze

  1. Subway at the park has a veggie sandwich. I am not a vegan however I do like these sandwiches.
  2. Ok Ok I will never use a wheel chair again at KI
  3. I would think Firehawk will always be crowded, try on a weekday if possible. Not too sure about the water rides.
  4. I do not care if a B & M comes, heck I dont care if it is a e-i e-i-O, just bring the new rides, flat, coasters or even water. Does not matter what brand just bring em. Note to self: Petition to bring back the giant slide in Old Coney!
  5. What I do is like this June the buffet meal deal for 39 bucks. My son and I will go there and when we are ready to eat there I will find 2 people going in without a gold pass and let them eat for free. That way I get the full 4 peoples worth out of it. I guess I could charge them for it but I do not. Also give them a atomic t-shirt...lol.. my affiliate payments support the 2 free people on the 39 dollar meal so its all good. anyone want a atomic tshirt?...lol
  6. Back in the day the only thing that would close during rain was the giant "red white & blue" slide in Old Coney. That was just cause the burlap bags would stick with any type of moisture.
  7. I do not see what the issue is here. Food is always higher in these venues. Went to the reds game last night and beer there was 7.25 and a basic hotdog was like 3.50... So all in all Ki prices are the norm and somewhat cheaper than other venues. Some one told me that back in 95 they bought beer at PKI and it was only 3 something a glass. That was 12 years ago and cost of living has also gone up. Do not get me wrong i hate the high prices however it will always be high I am affraid. Another poster mentioned the quality of food at Happydays Dinner. I think the diner has the best hamburgers in the park.
  8. Me too. I would just as well ride the older rides like the scrambler and such. While all of you are standing in line to ride Firehawk I will be running off and on the older rides .
  9. Racer is #1 for me, I love the new rides however I love the nostalgia rides also! I love riding the carousel even though my 10 year gets embarrassed cause he says its a baby ride...lol.. I do not care I love it! I finally met Cory Butcher on his ride "ISJ", it was great to meet ya dude!
  10. Complain cause Nick might not be open? How cheesy!
  11. That is awesome. Being a part of the entertainment dept and live shows in the 90's I know this all to be true. Each show has a tight schedual to follow and they have to work the crowd. It is their job. Working in a show at KI is a chore in it's own right. When I was small I used to watch these types of shows and was amazed and always said I can do that. Later in life when I actually did that it was a hard job. My friends said I had it made. 4 or 5 shows a day then I was done. This was when Paramount had a show in every corner and each show had a minimum of 4 shows a day then 5 shows a day on weekend. It was hard work that is for sure. No matter if a show is awesome or just plain ole such ass, they earn their money!
  12. Las year they did not have pics on them either, unless you bought yours for 2006 in the fall of 2005 and who cares if it has your pic on it or not, sheesh people are never pleased it seems.
  13. I have not a clue on this. The ride is from the old school days and I hope they dont remove it. Gotta have some old school stuff left of days gone by. It is becomming rare to see these things anymore!
  14. When isn't a saturday crowded?
  15. I would wait inline when you first get there, if you go into the park and loose or get it wet you have problems....
  16. No worries, as long as he printed out the e-pass then you are fine, the one time admission thing is just incase you dont want to stand in line if it is long to get your pass made, besides the line getting your pass only takes a few minutes.
  17. I hope that was sarcastic! . There is so much more to a park than just rides,
  18. Great find & post!!!!! I do not do country however I would go see this. I think I will!!!! Will be like the glory days of timberwolf back in the 80's, you can have a beer while you watch the concert! I knew taking all those vitamins would make my past come back or is it back to haunt me?...LMAOOOOOOO
  19. Now I summons the KI Central Gods to put a whammy on this topic and send it to purgatory forever more...hehehe
  20. I agree sometimes its for the best to let things die, but that is my opinion I guess we all have them.
  21. Yes I imagine the lines for Firehawk will be too long. I will wait until later in the year to ride it. No hurries for me!
  22. First I say kill Skyline and bring in Goldstar! . As for people quit eating at the park so to speak that will never ever happen. "IF YOU BUILD FOOD THEY WILL COME". Wait, wasn't that from a movie? .... I remember as a kid we were not allowed to eat at the park cause it was too expensive back then. This was in the 70's. Even if the park reduces food prices it still will not be so cheap so i guess it does not matter as long as the park is there the prices will be high and people will pay to eat it!
  23. WOW, the forums are dead, everyone must be out enjoying the awesome weather this week!
  24. It is always bumpy period!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.