Everything posted by CoastersNSich
-
Togo standups or B&M standups?
I've done 2 TOGOs: King Cobra and Shockwave, and 3 B&M's: Mantis, Chang, and Iron Wolf. B&M has the edge, IMO, but Cobra was great.
-
Herschend opens Duck tours on Ohio River
I remember Dayton having the Ducks downtown at the Great Miami, but they went out of business. Now that there are Ducks in Cincinnati, I'd love to try it out this summer.
-
Herschend opens Duck tours on Ohio River
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...807060348/0/rss
-
NEW! Breakfast With the Characters at Kings Island, Kings Island Will Be The Place To Be This 4th of July, Mystery Construction & More!
I've always found that particular men's room to simply be inadequate, let alone filthy. The one next to Gemini isn't much better. But I've found the KI bathrooms this season to be fairly clean. As to whether the '09 coaster will be the most exciting in park history... it surely will be the most exciting in many years, at least. Some out there think Son of Beast was very darn noteworthy. Flight of Fear? Also worth noticing. Vortex? Quite possibly. But I've got my hopes that it's the best since Beast.
-
Underground trains
Due to circumstances beyond my control, the video has been pulled. I apologize for any inconvenience.
-
kjkjkj & Ashers photo Trip Report
For some reason it still bothers me how on the sign the red is on the left and blue on the right, when really the blue is on the left and red on the right. It just seems like one of those details that should have been noticed. Oh well, maybe I'm just used to disney. Until I looked carefully, I wanted to say "What the hell are you talking about?!" Great observation, Nick.
-
What are you thoughts on Flashback: Totally 80s?
One of the greatest performers and entertainers of all time? (and no I'm not a Jackson fan) Being that Michael Jacksion helped define the 80's, I'm not certain how you could leave him out. Wow... leaving Michael Jackson out of an 80's pop revue is like a Reds baseball history museum not having something on Pete Rose. They've both had their issues in later years but need to be remembered for their great contributions to pop culture and sports, respectively. I have a feeling they'll do a 70's show next year, but it'll be overburdened with Disco rather than music that better defined the era. But that's just me.
-
Photo TR: A pleasant and unexpected visit.
Not only wonderful photos, but I also like the rounded edges, as if it were the 70s again. Then again, nostalgia is the theme for Kings Island for 2008!
-
Kinga Ka
So, you went to New Jersey, eh?! Just kidding.... SFGAdv is on my must do list, too.
-
Where should I go?
I have been to Holiday World and Beech Bend, last going to both in 2006, and having ridden both Voyage and Kentucky Rumbler, both great woodies. I have NOT been to Dollywood, though those I know who have, really enjoyed it. I'm guessing you've been to Holiday World? From the list, in ranking 1. Dollywood: Thunderhead, great family entertainment like live shows and arts and crafts. Plus Pigeon Forge is surely a tourist trap with lots to do in the area. Pricey, especially for those not enjoying the muitiple facets of Dollywood. 2. Holiday World: Great value, 3 great woodies, lots to do inside, but not too much around it. 3. Beech Bend: has both Pay per Ride and Pay-one Price options, for those who want to do less... or more. Ride selection and atmosphere not as exciting as Hollywood or Dolly World (dyslexia not left uncorrected). Not too many other exciting things I know of in Bowling Green, though there is the KY* Action Park along the way on I-65 between Bowling Green and Louisville *Unlike the Jelly, the KY here DOES stand for Kentucky, Gilbert Gnarley.
-
Names for the new attraction
It's Ridge Racer! RIIIIIDGE RAACCEERRR!!! http://kazhirailovesridgeracer.ytmnd.com/ No?!
-
Kings Island Does It Again -- Nostalgia on July 4th, Meet the Cast of The Young and the Restless, Cincinnati Reds/Kings Island Double Play Pack & More
When I heard earlier on that KI was having high-flying, record-breaking entertainment on the fourth, I thought they were exaggerating.... I missed the Kneivel jump because I was still up at OSU. But I don't think there's much excuse to miss THIS event this time...
-
What is this?
The water tower remains, now with the Cedar Fair Kings Island logo on it on the front and back.
-
Hm, I need a suggestion.
I like the idea of doing Flight of Fear and Firehawk together, since they often tend to have long lines throughout the day, unlike The Beast. From what I've heard, also give The Crypt a try - all-new program and some other neat changes!
-
Fairly Odd Coaster
I also liked the back of the trains, which said "LEAVE!"... something I wish some bratty park guests would do.
-
Names for the new attraction
The Strategem. It will soar into the sky, full of grace and emotion, very dramatic....
-
First ride at kings island?
Very first ride: Wild Animal Habitat Monorail, 1982 Ride I normally head to: depends, sometimes it'll be Firehawk to get it out of the way, maybe something in Action Zone (Drop Tower/ Delirium/ Invertigo), or The Beast, if I do the Coaster Club walkback.
-
What is the worst park you have ever been to? EVER!
Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in 2002 was quite possibly my worst park experience. Seems half the coasters were closed, employees had no concern with being nice or moving people quickly through lines. The section with Villain, Double Loop, and Beaver Land (then Road Runner) was shut down, and they were REALLY anal about picture taking. Not to mention one-train operations despite lines warranting two. I might have said other parks were poor in terms of atmoshphere and ride selection... SFWOA was great in its ride collection and some of its landscaping/atmosphere, but the operation was pure crap. Bad experiences by many with Six Flags and a declining regional economy led to what remains with Geauga Lake now.
-
Front End or Rear End?
You get that sudden pull going down the drops.... this is especially true with Vortex!
-
The Cicadas
http://www.allenarena.com/Snappy%20Cicada%20Pizza.mp3
-
Cedar Point
I cannot give Cedar Point tips without a strong recommendation to do Gemini, especially when the park is very busy (which is most likely when Gemini runs both sides). Maverick is worth the wait, and also don't miss Blue Streak. I can't think of one coaster you should avoid, but Cedar Creek Mine Ride may be a tight fit, depending on your size - and try to ride Mean Streak in the front of a car (not necessarily the VERY front seat of the train, but that wouldn't hurt, other than the additional wait). If it's windy, hang around Dragster... rollbacks may be abound. Can you do all of Cedar Point in just one day? Possible, but difficult without a plan of attack. Allow for two days and relax - I know that two-day tickets include Soak City as well.
-
6/2/08
Talk about A-holes. I've had two experiences at stands in Coney Mall, including one last year, where they either refused to give me water, or finally gave in after a little pressure. Last year's visit to KI was concluded by a stop to Guest Relations. On the comment section, I said that if I weren't a KI enthusiast, I wouldn't come back. Security in some cases was less than friendly, either.
-
Two Cinci Area Showcase Cinema Outlets Close
B'oh! double post when I meant to edit...
-
Two Cinci Area Showcase Cinema Outlets Close
I remember going to the old Springdale Showcase... prior to 1998, it was 9 screens, many of them long and narrow, worn-out seats, the doors opening in the back, light coming in when opened. ONE entrance, all the way at the end of the HUMONGOUS parking lot. Then after 25 years, they built the complex we see today, the first with stadium seating in the Cincinnati area. They first opened 10 screens in late spring, tore down the old building, then built the remaining 8 screens. Then a few years ago, it was rebranded as Cinema de Lux, and 4 auditoriums got new seating and decor, while another was converted to IMAX. Yes, the first generation of the cineplex is going away - they brought on the demise of grand downtown movie palaces, and now, those banal multi-screens themselves are going away. Even the Showcase across from Kings Island seems outdated - even though it was opened late 1996, it must've been one of the last built with traditional, low-pitched ramp seating. If I'm in the area, I prefer to use the new Regal Cinemas at Deerfield Town Center near Mason - stadium seating though some of the auditoriums are tiny.
-
Underground trains
Google the slogan found at the end of the video: "metro opens doors" and you'll find your answer.