Everything posted by hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
They really have outdone themselves this year. Almost everywere you turn there is a fog machine. The decor for the Coney Maul (mall) is AWESOME. Yeah, the Action FX Theater has a castle facade, but then you see toxic waiste barrels... just doesn't fit the castle. Then in the yard of the theater you will see a TON of props, even some familiar characters from the Phantom theater. SIDE NOTE: A old Phantom Theater prop is purched ontop of the AFX Theater Sign, so look out for that. Nothing really done to the FoF area, but it's not October yet! When I was there Saturday, it looked as if they were just getting started on the construction of the Sleepy Hollow attraction. The tent was open and wooden panels were laying out. I can say that this attraction WILL BE DARK . I really can't wait until Fearfest this year, hope to see some of you guys there. Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
CONFIRMED: The tent behind the International Showplace IS the new Sleepy Hollow attraction. I have SEVERAL pics of the wooden panels still laying on the ground and of the tent. I also have several pics of the Action Theater and how TOTALLY DECKED OUT it is for fearfest. The castle facade, the toxic barrels, the old Phantom Theater prop... I got pics of it all!. The Coney Maul it the most dressed as I have ever seen it. They have haunted moss hanging EVERYWERE and low too! This stuff is also hanging from the roofs of the games aswell. There are tons of NEW decor in the mall and expect alot of FOG this year. PKI also have The Racers dressed up for the event as well. All the old mazes are in all there same spots. I will have pics up from this past saturday for everyone soon. Happy Haunting. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
I will be at Fearfest on the 9th (Saturday), if any of you guys will be there... you want to meet up somewhere. Kinda like a PKIU Forum member meet at Fearfest. Just a thought. I hope Fearfest will be good this year. I want PKI to go all out like Knott's, Universal and Magic Mountian. Take Care. -Hauntguy
-
Construction?
Teenageninja, They won't be digital, but I will try my best to get the goods. I have a 3 year background in photography. Is there anything else you guys would want to look at besides IJST and Fearfest stuff. I would be glad to take more photos. -Hauntguy
-
Construction?
No problem man, no sense in enjoying the photos by myself. So I will share them with all of you. -Hauntguy
-
Construction?
I will be at the park this Saturday and would be happy to get some pics for you guys. I will also be getting pics on the construction of the Fearfest attractions and more, looking forward to seeing what has been done! Take Care. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
Oh OK, this could be the attraction then. You would be surprised at how much haunt you can fit under one small tent! I am really looking forward to being at the park this Saturday. Take Care. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
Well, most haunted attractions can be set-up in 5-8 days with a 6 man crew. But first, is this thing one big tent or a few smaller tents? Thanks. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
I think I have seen those tents before, they were used at fearfest for face painting and other stuff. But it could also be the same tent used when PKI had the Freezer (first FF). I will just have to see this Saturday. -Hauntguy
-
Construction?
Maybe the ride will cross over (or under) the path and continue into the area of land were that small pond is. I thinks this is behind the International Showplace. Just a thought. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
Oh OK, Thanks Tanner. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
What exactly is WWC? I am kinda lost when reading the replies. Thanks. -Huantguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
Oh, if you guys haven't seen it already... check out Paramount's Carowinds site for there halloween event Scarowinds. http://www.carowinds.com/attractions_scarowinds.jsp There site is WAY better than PKI's Fearfest site. -Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
Are you reffering to the land next to the lake, behind the showplace. That would be cool.... I think they should leave it open air (no roof), this would give you the feeling of being outside while still being inside the attraction. Maybe it will be totally outdoors, if I am not wrong Sleepy Hollow opens at 8pm right? Thanks for the tid-bit teenageninja. -hauntguy
-
Construction?
Guys, I will be at the park in mid, late September. I will try to get some pics up of the site. Take Care!- Hauntguy
-
New FearFest Attractions Announced
I am kinda hoping that the Sleepy Hollow attraction will be located in Rivertown. Seems like it would fit in right there. I will be at the Park on Toyota Family day later in September, I will look around and take some pics of some of the stuff before October comes around. -Hauntguy
-
Stop me if you heard this one.....
I am pulling for the Route 666 Dark Ride. PKI needs one SUPER scary, teen-adult dark ride. I hated when the pulled PT from the attraction list, only to replace it with CRAP!!!!!!! -Hauntguy
-
New survey and 11 new concepts
Alot of this stuff just sounds like ride re-themes. MTV: A major re-theme of FoF TR: A change in the ride programing Catch the drift.... I hope PKI will just build new, original rides and concepts instead of spinning off other rides or ideas. -hauntguy
-
Tractor Trailers near Flight of Fear
I think it would be cool to add the Silo-X attraction from Halloween Productions Inc. right next to FoF. But the Area 51 (if you've ever went through it) is really scary, gory and disoreinting just to name a few feelings. Shman, so you work close with Fearfest and you can't name the position you work in. That's cool, I respect that. But I do have a few questions for you that I am going to PM to you. I am glad that PKI is really trying to make fearfest better. As for the Ent. Staff, I know that there are not putting anyone in harms way, that is why they went to college. But as far as creating scary/nightmarish atmospheres I think they are struggling in that department. That is what I meant by that. I think PKI should do a some sort of attraction like they did with the Museum of Horrors. That was one of the best attraction Fearfest has ever had. -Hauntguy
-
Tractor Trailers near Flight of Fear
I do hope they get newer attractions. Here is my wishlist for fearfest: 1> Remove the Crypt and add the Darkness by HPI 2> Remodel the HOD so that is longer and scarier 3> Update the COH (add more 3D and 3D capeting) 4> Keep the trail as is except add some or more covered areas 5> Maybe add a haunted corn maze or a haunted hay ride 6> More actors roaming the park (ALOT more) 7> More fearfest theming like in the good ole days and have interactive theming 8> Don't tone fearfest down just for the kids. Make it heart stopping so that the kids won't want to go through 9> Have some Fearfest themed show/pre-shows 10> Enough attractions to cover the park, not just one area That is my wishlist as a haunter. I now this year will be great I just think that PKI could do a better job at it. -Hauntguy
-
Tractor Trailers near Flight of Fear
But did those trailers origanily come with the haunts. I was talking to Larry Kirchner, owner of Halloween Productions and he gave me the run down on Fearfest at PKI. So how do YOU know so much about Fearfest? What is you position at PKI to know this? Just wondering. I know PKI re-models each haunt, but I could tell you they are risking hazards by doing this. I know that the PKI staff in entertainment have years of experience and DO know what they are doing. But it takes a haunter to run a haunt. If PKI hired a team of REAL haunted house builders/designers to run fearfest, it would be 100 times better than it ever was. In the future, I am going to apply to work at PKI. Then I will work fearfest and work up to a higher position (some how). Then you guys will see what type of terror Fearfest can bring to you. Cause over the years, the some old stuff is not scary any more!.-hauntguy
-
Ultimate Thrill on Now!
What and were is thr show with the TR:TR segment. -hauntguy
-
Tractor Trailers near Flight of Fear
PKI didn't make or design any of the haunts. The companies listed in my last post made them. PKI hired a company in Cinnci to make all of there outdoor "static" props. -hauntguy Fearfest Fact: Some, if not all, of the attractions at Fearfest are used haunted attractions.
-
Tractor Trailers near Flight of Fear
Ok, this is a good question but a have the right answer for it. PKI has NEVER built or desinges there own haunted attractions. They were purchased through companies that make them for entertainment pourposes. These companies are: Larry Kirchner at Halloween Productions / Dark Rider Leornard Pickel of Hauntrepreneurs International Each haunt purchased comes with a semi trailer(s) to store the haunt. The reason for this is because so much of the haunt industry is run by small, independent people or bussiness. Not large amusement parks and coporate america. So these companies had to offer a way to store the attraction safely and cheaply to people who could not get a pernament location for the haunt or could not get the storage space in a building. So when PKI bought these haunts, they came with the trailers to store them. PKI only stores the Circus of Horros on the Festhaus stage because the attraction, "Psycho Path" did not come with a trailer to store the attraction in. So instead of PKI buying new trailers. They stored the trail attraction is the 3D attractions trailer. I any of this needs more ID, then I have some links to post: www.halloweenproductions.com & http://www.bloodsworthmanor.com/bloodswort.../for%20sale.htm Hope this could clear things up. -The M5 Artist
-
Tractor Trailers near Flight of Fear
That is exactly what they are used for. You can store one haunted attraction in one or two 50 foot semi-trailers. The only one NOT stored in a trailer is Terror Visions in 3D (Circus of Horrors), it is stored on the stage in the Festhuas. Hope this helps. -Hauntguy