7/3

welchce

Alright, so I got to KI about 2:30 and went to BB right away to cool off in the middle of the day. It was relatively crowded because one of the only places I found to put my stuff was a little chair (pretty much every lounger thing was taken). After about 45 minutes of water relaxation, I entered KI. I think that Delirium was closed until this time because I don't remember seeing it swing when I was walking in and when I walked over to it, there was barely anyone in line. Drop Zone is still closed with the lift contraption at the top and the seats at the bottom. After a double ride of Face/Off, I was waiting for my girlfriend to go to the bathroom when I couldn't help but notice that I heard a very loud clanking sound behind me. Sure enough it was the red SOB train making a test run at 4:44 (I made sure to check my watch).

So after Firehawk, dinner at Taco Bell down the street, Racer (both ways), Vortex, and Beast we decided to take a break and sit in front of the waterfall in the old Paramount Story. I hope CF keeps this and adds some benches because it is very relaxing. Once we left, my eyes gazed over the trees toward SOB and sure enough the blue/teal train was making its way. However I noticed something interesting. It, IMO, didn't have enough speed to make it from the lift hill to the crest of the drop but it still made it. I was rather far away but I thought I heard some more clanking of chain so I wasn't sure if they added (or maybe it's always been there and I haven't noticed) another lift there to help it over. Anyone else?

Then we walked over to TRTR because my girlfriend wanted to ride it since she hasn't yet. However when we asked the attendant if the sound was fixing he said not yet so we decided to hold off until it's actually worth riding. And if anyone was wondering, which I'm sure everyone was, Firehawk closed at 7 and Racer, Vortex, Beast, Action FX, and the Eiffel Tower closed at 8 for the fireworks. I can understand 5 of the 6 closing but why the needed Vortex closed escapes my mind. We did not, however, stay for the fireworks because we wanted to beat the traffic home.

That is all... for now

Glad to see you and your girlfriend had a good time, I agree with you, I love that area in front of the waterfall over at the former paramount story and hope that CF tidys it up a little and keeps it as a nice garden area. That clanking before the drop on Son of Beast was probably just the train going over a set of anti-rollbacks just like the ones you hear before entering the second lift on The Beast or cresting over the hills before the divide on Racer. Im glad SOB is testing and I hope to ride it again but I dislike that the have a blue train, I liked hte old trains color scheme cause it was a throw back to The Beast's trains original paint scheme, its Son of Beast, not Son Of Racer.

Glad to see you and your girlfriend had a good time, I agree with you, I love that area in front of the waterfall over at the former paramount story and hope that CF tidys it up a little and keeps it as a nice garden area. That clanking before the drop on Son of Beast was probably just the train going over a set of anti-rollbacks just like the ones you hear before entering the second lift on The Beast or cresting over the hills before the divide on Racer. Im glad SOB is testing and I hope to ride it again but I dislike that the have a blue train, I liked hte old trains color scheme cause it was a throw back to The Beast's trains original paint scheme, its Son of Beast, not Son Of Racer.

O okay, that makes sense. Yeah, I would like to hear the thought process that went behind the decision of making one of the trains a different color.

It was a thought that ran in my head even though I'm sure it's not going to happen. Maybe they have a plan on putting those trains on Racer or something. Why else would they be a blue and a red train. I know it's not going to happen. LOL

I'd rather Racer keep PTC's and I'm sure it will. Besides they would have to get 2 new G trains for that to work anyway. I admit though it was a thought that ran through my head when I heard they had a blue train for SOB.

I also agree I was very confused to see a blue train on SOB it looked very out of place.

We were there too. We didn't get to ride any coasters besides Top Gun, we fell asleep at the wave pool, and by the time we made it back, they were closed. We were on Monster when the fireworks started. I think they closed Vortex early because of all the falling debris... I'd hate to be ON Vortex and get hit by a piece of firework... Plus I bet they needed the extra help setting up all those fireworks. I gotta say, the lines were HORRIBLE after 8. We waited 15 mins for the bumper cars and also for Monster.. and about 30 mins for TG. Craziness, I tell ya!

deb

We were there too. We didn't get to ride any coasters besides Top Gun, we fell asleep at the wave pool, and by the time we made it back, they were closed. We were on Monster when the fireworks started.

Ah, that's too bad. Were you wearing your sunscreen?

I think they closed Vortex early because of all the falling debris... I'd hate to be ON Vortex and get hit by a piece of firework...

Yeah, that was probably why they did it.

I gotta say, the lines were HORRIBLE after 8. We waited 15 mins for the bumper cars and also for Monster.. and about 30 mins for TG. Craziness, I tell ya!

Jeez, that's rough. It's a good thing we got our rides in while we could because after 8 we mostly relaxed, walked around, and watched more people embarrass themselves at the 3-point challenge.

Ah, that's too bad. Were you wearing your sunscreen?

Nope. I wish I had been though. My shoulders and upper arms are CRISPY. And I've never had a sunburn, never been able to tan, until now. I've never been this dark (I've got a drivers tan. :lol: )

deb

Not at all. We were waiting on our bro/sis in law to come out of the pool, and my hubby fell asleep, then they fell asleep, and someone screaming (a child I think) woke me up, and it was 6:45, and we had to take a trip back to the tracker for shoes (I've got renewed blisters from the heat of the concrete). Oh well, I can't make it out without a bruise or blister, lol!

deb