New ride canada's wonderland

So there is one piece of land that is marked, and a box of bolts. I wouldn't call that "prof." Did you ever think that the anchor bolts could be used to replace current bolts that have been worn out? And that land marking could be anything.

What evidence? People talking about one? People are talking about a dive coaster at Rivertown on this site, ONLY because there is "room to build one." Does that mean that there is evidence of one? No.

What evidence? People talking about one? People are talking about a dive coaster at Rivertown on this site, ONLY because there is "room to build one." Does that mean that there is evidence of one? No.

It was a lot more than discussion. Did you not click the links to the pics? Plus, did you not see the pic posted by Delorean Rider? It's a pic I saw over at Coasterbuzz first.

Geez, you guys are cynical over here on these boards.

I guess you'd have to be to deal with the 14 year old noobs and rumour-starters.

Anyway, we are all anxiously awaiting an announcement for our new coaster up here on August 27th.

We're all baffled as to what it will be--the consensus seems to be a B&M Hyper but many other clues point to other possible B&M's--even an Intamin.

I hope u guyes knows what that means... we are soon to get a new ride.

Actually, given Cedar Fair's financial condition and the current lending market, I would think a new coaster at Canada's Wonderland would mean it is LESS likely that Kings Island will get a new coaster, not more. If the capital pie has already had a major slice taken out of it, less is left for others.

Put another way, the year Kingda Ka and The Golden Kingdom went in at Great Adventure (2005), was a very similar year for Six Flags...and the other Six Flags parks were left to divide up $50 million that was left in the capital budget...and got...not much.

I was just at CW this past weekend and saw the footers and the clearing there. Whatever is going in does not look like it will have a very big footprint unless it will end up extended thoughout the park. For anyone who's been there it is going in just to the left of Italian Job.

I was just at CW this past weekend and saw the footers and the clearing there. Whatever is going in does not look like it will have a very big footprint unless it will end up extended thoughout the park. For anyone who's been there it is going in just to the left of Italian Job.

Actually, quite the contrary.

We've got footers/construction here spanning what seems to be an area of Millenium Force/Nitro scale. Approximately 400 meters wide--about 1300 feet.

I'm hardly believing it could actually happen, but we've got people thinking we're getting the next "longest coaster in the world" or something brand new with new elements to the roller coaster world.

Apparently, people have spoken with CW management in the past--they claim that CW says they will have construction crews following the construction of the new 2008 coaster, "'to highlight something never before seen'...whether that means in Canada or the world, who knows?!?!"

Another claimed he saw a job description for ride maintenance supervisor lately claiming "must be able to work at heights of up to 347 feet".

Just to note the sheer size/scale of the project, here is an image a user made, superimposing Steel Dragon 2000 (Chance Morgan Hyper in Japan) onto our current construction area:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/o...pg?t=1187236114

Be on the lookout for something big (either B&M or Intamin) coming our way!

I'm just a messenger.