Man Dies After Fall At WDW MK

^You are correct, they do that because they can. Your right to know comes before any thing else, you, your children, your dog, even your right to go to the bathroom when you want. The only thing that I can say is do what I do. When ever you get the chance to talk to a reporter, just give them a bogus name and feed them some bad info, make them look bad.

^You are correct, they do that because they can. Your right to know comes before any thing else, you, your children, your dog, even your right to go to the bathroom when you want. The only thing that I can say is do what I do. When ever you get the chance to talk to a reporter, just give them a bogus name and feed them some bad info, make them look bad.

Yeah, because it's always admirable to make someone else look bad.

Good on ya man. :blink:

That's because you are too young to have spent much time listening to AM radio--700WLW in particular...and Gary Burbank. Some of us are so old we remember when he was on WAKY in Louisville.

Is Gary Burbank not on the air anymore?

Man, Gary was way ahead of his time.

It was sketch comedy like that which made Stephen Colbert and the Daily Show possible.

Just ask Porsha Lynn Camode!

I was referring to the fact that most youngun's do NOT listen to AM radio. Many don't even know what it is!

In any event, Gary Burbank is still on the radio, but only for about three more weeks:

http://radio.about.com/b/2007/03/09/gary-b...t-years-end.htm

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/20...signing-off.asp

http://700wlw.com/pages/garyburbank.html

I was referring to the fact that most youngun's do NOT listen to AM radio. Many don't even know what it is!

In any event, Gary Burbank is still on the radio, but only for about three more weeks:

http://radio.about.com/b/2007/03/09/gary-b...t-years-end.htm

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/20...signing-off.asp

http://700wlw.com/pages/garyburbank.html

That's a shame.

But he's certainly earned his retirement.

^ But they are distorting the actual facts, one incident had nothing to do with the other.

Yet they way it is written, or just even mentioning another incident, gives the impression that both incidents are somehow connected.

It is just irritating.

Okay I do agree with you on this I really do. What I would say is that while the accidents were completely different, it was still the same company. That somewhat connects the two incidents. I mean if say Cedar Point had an accident on Thursday then on Friday there was an incident at Soak City I would want the media to point out both accidents, but perhaps better than the article in question. Again I know the accidents are completely different and I don't agree that it should of been brought up the way it was, but I do feel they are connected simply due to the timeline and the fact it was the same company.

^^ I work for GE Transportation.

So that means if there would happen to be a horrible accident at my facility, and then a accident at IoA, both accidents it should be mentioned in the same article since both are owned by GE?

Perhaps, if both accidents were ride related safety issues then it could be mentioned, but that is a stretch as well.

^ Your right that it wouldn't be right to mention said incident at GE transport and at IOA as the same story. These incidents were however at Disney's Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Those incidents also happened the same day (if I read correctly). If there was a bomb threat at Generic High School and a shooting at Generic Middle School and especially if they sat beside each other, would you not want the media to put those stories together or at least mention the stories together?

^ Your right that it wouldn't be right to mention said incident at GE transport and at IOA as the same story. These incidents were however at Disney's Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Those incidents also happened the same day (if I read correctly). If there was a bomb threat at Generic High School and a shooting at Generic Middle School and especially if they sat beside each other, would you not want the media to put those stories together or at least mention the stories together?

No they did not happen on the same day.

The Disney employee died on 11/29/07, five days after she fell while working.

The Disney guest passed on 11/30/07 after collapsing outside a restaurant the day before.

But now you are just splitting hairs. You first mentioned that if it dealt with the same company (your reference to CF with SC and CP), it should be mentioned. Now you are saying that since the parks are next to each other, or in this case 7 miles apart it is also fine to be mentioned.

Exactly what should the proper distance between attractions before it is not appropriate to be mentioned?

And in reference to the Generic school thing, yeah both should be mentioned in the same article due to the high chance that both are related to each other; which is obviously not the case when it comes down to the Disney situation.

"^ due to the high chance that both are related to each other; which is obviously not the case when it comes down to the Disney situation.^"

you just proved what I was trying to say, you agree that since they are related to each other it should be mentioned.... and disney's magic kingdom and animal kingdom are VERY much related... maybe not the incidents but the parks are

Lets say that SFOG had an accident on a ride Monday then on Friday SFGA had an accident on a different ride then SFMM had an incident while not a ride accident could of easily been prevented... then would you not want the media to connect the dots for you?

What's bad is that I in one completely agree with you and on the other hand I see a connection there that perhaps you don't. Please take no offense if any has been taken.

"^ due to the high chance that both are related to each other; which is obviously not the case when it comes down to the Disney situation.^"

you just proved what I was trying to say, you agree that since they are related to each other it should be mentioned.... and disney's magic kingdom and animal kingdom are VERY much related... maybe not the incidents but the parks are

Believe me, I am not agreeing with you.

If you are going to quote me, quote the whole thing, and on top of that READ THE POST.

Your example of the high school/ middle school scenario could have been VERY related to each other because both dealt with potential terrorism.

But in the Disney case, an employee fell on a ride while working and passed on; while a guest collapsed outside a restaurant and passed on. How are those even close to being related?

^ thankfully here in America we don't have to agree so in turn we'll just have to agree to disagree... but i guess that's still a little bit of agreeing :rolleyes:

I do see a relation and I would think a lot of people do too, obviously the media does. I know that you see it differently and I know a lot of other people don't agree with my assessment either. Trust me I'm okay with that.

I do see a relation and I would think a lot of people do too, obviously the media does.

Then please explain what relation you see between the two. I honestly want to see your point of view.

Okay, well in my mind never haven been to any Disney park (sad I know) when I think of Disney World I think of all of the Disney parks in Orlando being together. So when I think of Animal Kingdom ( I honestly didn't realize it was a bit further away) I think of it being right beside the other parks. Honestly I see the whole Disney chain down there being one total complex including the resorts. I think this is where our biggest difference was. I view the incidents being related solely on where they happened. I also suppose I see more of a relation also because I'm not familiar with the parks very well. Now if it was a place I was much more familiar with and I in turn viewed them as separate entities I would likely share your viewpoint. From my first response on this I said I agreed at least in portion. I still do in a way. I do think the media connects dots and perhaps maybe not all dots should be connected. As an outsider to those parks I personally just saw the stories being relative to each other. I guess to me it was stories about what happened here instead of what happened to these people.

thanks for keeping me thinking~ i'm always open to different viewpoints but I can't say that I don't like defending the one's I have either :P

I would be remiss if I were not to add here there is MUCH wisdom in NOT putting the corporate possessive name on each park, i.e. SIX FLAGS Name of Park, Paramount's Name of Park. In the early days of Premier Parks, Gary Story was quite proud that, as a strategy, they did not put the Premier Parks name on the parks they owned....then they bought Six Flags, and you know how that mostly ended (though there was a short experiment with adding a tagline to some of the parks, instead of the Six Flags name...Name of Park, The Thrill Park; Name of Park, The Great Escape...oddly, Frontier City in Six Flags old corporate office town, Wild Waves, La Ronde and The Great Escape were the only ones that ended up not being rebranded as Six Flags parks, and two of the four have since been sold...they still own The Great Escape and La Ronde. La Ronde was probably not renamed due to the political/social atmosphere in Quebec...The Great Escape remains somewhat a mystery)

So far, at least, Cedar Fair has not stuck its moniker into park names. Not doing so has helped to lessen the potential for widescale attendance problems after a tragic incident like what happened at Kentucky Kingdom last summer. To this day, many people do not know that Cedar Fair owns Kings Island...and that can be to the company's benefit.

I would be remiss if I were not to add here there is MUCH wisdom in NOT putting the corporate possessive name on each park, i.e. SIX FLAGS Name of Park, Paramount's Name of Park. In the early days of Premier Parks, Gary Story was quite proud that, as a strategy, they did not put the Premier Parks name on the parks they owned....then they bought Six Flags, and you know how that mostly ended (though there was a short experiment with adding a tagline to some of the parks, instead of the Six Flags name...Name of Park, The Thrill Park; Name of Park, The Great Escape...oddly, Frontier City in Six Flags old corporate office town, Wild Waves, La Ronde and The Great Escape were the only ones that ended up not being rebranded as Six Flags parks, and two of the four have since been sold...they still own The Great Escape and La Ronde. La Ronde was probably not renamed due to the political/social atmosphere in Quebec...The Great Escape remains somewhat a mystery)

So far, at least, Cedar Fair has not stuck its moniker into park names. Not doing so has helped to lessen the potential for widescale attendance problems after a tragic incident like what happened at Kentucky Kingdom last summer. To this day, many people do not know that Cedar Fair owns Kings Island...and that can be to the company's benefit.

Most people have no idea what Cedar Fair is.

That's because you are too young to have spent much time listening to AM radio--700WLW in particular...and Gary Burbank. Some of us are so old we remember when he was on WAKY in Louisville.

How about Johnny Apollo on WMPS in Memphis. His real name is Billy Purser, he changed his name when he started on WAKY. The name came from Gery Owens on laugh in, who would announce that he was Gery Owens coming to you live from Burbank California. And yes he does a great Gery Owens impersonation.