Will Bubba Gump's Name Change? Now Confirmed

coaster_junky

You know, many of us "older timers" on here pine away about either bringing back, or emphasizing KI's history. Its really not that crazy of an idea. Retro has been popular in many other industries the last few years. I don't think it would be that bad of an idea for an amusement park to do the same thing. Thats one thing that the park has going for it already. Look at how much of its past is still there for people to see.

I agree with you. BRING BACK KING"S ISLAND HISTORY! Some of the changes were good, but more of the changes were NOT! Bring back all Hanna Barbara characters, the pioneer train ride, the old timer shops, the Hanna Barbara Land which is now The Scooby Doo Haunted House, The Witches cauldron, The parking lot trolley. Some of the past is still there, but alot of it left and needs to be brought back.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with you. BRING BACK KING"S ISLAND HISTORY! Some of the changes were good, but more of the changes were NOT! Bring back all Hanna Barbara characters, the pioneer train ride, the old timer shops, the Hanna Barbara Land which is now The Scooby Doo Haunted House, The Witches cauldron, The parking lot trolley. Some of the past is still there, but alot of it left and needs to be brought back.

Yes lets bring back crap no one cares about or some of the crap no one remembers. YES! BRILLIANT!

Yes lets bring back crap no one cares about or some of the crap no one remembers. YES! BRILLIANT!

The only way you wouldn't remember is if you weren't around or too young to remember. Alot of people rode them then and would ride them now. Alot of people still ride the train, but if it had the scenery that is had yesterday alot more people would ride today. The enchanted voyage was awesome. Even if the theme was changed to Nicolodeon ( even though H-B was great) or what ever else-- it was and still would be a great ride, come on the scooby doo haunted house is not very entertaining. Also wasn't there another water (log) ride that was taken out??? Water rides are the best!!! There are alot of great rides now, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying some of the changes weren't for the better, and it would be nice to bring them back. Some of the changes wouldn't even require extra space. Also what about the trolley in the parking lot. If your walking around the park all day and night, a ride to and from you car is nice. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I think Don put it best at Winter Soar in saying that most decisions depend on, "who you ask and what day it happens to be." It may be Bubba Gumps this year, it may not. Maybe at the time they called you they thought it wouldn't be, but have changed their mind since... it's really that dynamic.

....and this is true of all parks and companies. I get really frustrated with people who point out that this source or that source was wrong when they posted information that was correct at the time, but was later changed due to a decision change, budget, unexpected problems/factors, etc. And then people wonder why that, for the most part, those who know don't tell....why put up with the bother, the castigation or the smart aleck remarks....not to mention that parks have a right to keep confidential that which they wish to be confidential until it is the best time to release it...at least most of the time...

You're exactly right. Even if someone who knew everything about what KI was going to add over the next 10 years posted every bit of knowledge they had, they'd end up being wrong 80% of the time or more simply because everything is just a concept until it opens.

You guys bring up some good points that decisions for the park are constantly changing before opening day, so there is still a possibility Bubba Gump's will stick around.

I will say that as of today I have been told that the name is changing. Whether or not that is the final decision I guess I'm not too sure. I figure an update of status can't hurt, so I will provide more information as I receive it. :)

I didn't confirm or deny anything...plus--by the terms of service of this website, anyone who claims the information is confirmed by the park must cite their source....

The new name is Outer Hanks. This has been confirmed.

Just notin'

Individuals who work for food service gave me the info. the food folks had some training over the wekend and were told of the name changes