The Beast: Why Wasn't It Stripped

coaster_junky

why wasn't The Beast stripped of its ace coaster classic award? the only reason i ask this is because the blue streak at Cedar Point was stripped of its ace coaster classic award because they added seat belts to the trains. so why didn't the same thing happen when they added the seat belts to The Beast?

sorry if anything like this has already been posted :wacko:

I cannot speak for a photo gallery caption, but I can categorically say The Beast never qualified for this dubious honor.

In these days and with current industry standards, why on earth anyone would want to recognize coasters that do not meet widely accepted modern day safety standards for new installations is totally beyond me.

I cannot speak for a photo gallery caption, but I can categorically say The Beast never qualified for this dubious honor.

In these days and with current industry standards, why on earth anyone would want to recognize coasters that do not meet widely accepted modern day safety standards for new installations is totally beyond me.

o.k. well sorry for this forum. do with it what you want

I do not speak for the forum management, owners or operators. CoastersRZ, a mod here, has offered to change the caption, should you kindly inform him where it is, if it is on this site.

Seems pretty gracious to me...

it is where you first go into the roller coaster photos from the picture gallery menu and it is in the caption talking about The Beast on the folder for its pictures

Yes, as Interpreter pointed out, I am not mad at the topic of your post. Thanks for sharing where you came across this inaccurate information on our site! Here at Kings Island Central, we try to bring you content that is accurate, which is why KIC is one of the best fan sites for Kings Island.

That information will be corrected momentarily. (Currently, I am having some technical issues preventing me from logging in and correcting it).

i totally agree with your statement. we cannot allow safety devices to be ignored for the sake of an award.

i would hope an organization like ace would take a fresh look at the message they're sending.

i totally agree with your statement. we cannot allow safety devices to be ignored for the sake of an award.

i would hope an organization like ace would take a fresh look at the message they're sending.

i understand what you are saying

but i also can see ace's view like moderonizing a roller coaster(such as adding seat belts) takes away from the classicness

so i am on both sides

As CoastersRZ said, there are apparently some technical issues tonight, but it will get fixed. Stay tuned! :)

while he is correcting mistakes, even though this one isn't as big it bugs me a little on the thrill rides caption says pki insted of ki once again not that big of a deal

but i also can see ace's view like moderonizing a roller coaster(such as adding seat belts) takes away from the classicness

so i am on both sides

Thank you, and I couldn't have said it better myself. I, however, am on only one side...as I rather like limited restraints. But I only speak for me, not the parks, or from insurance or safety perspectives...etc.

There are some rides where I am surprised at how minimalistic the restraints were. Particularly on rides like Skyhawk at Cedar Point. I still felt safe in them, but the small size of the restraints was a little uncomforting. That ride is still a fun ride though.

I am all for safety devices on rides, as they help to keep people safe. Some restraints that are added to rides, have been added after incidents on other rides across the country. A perfect example of this are Scramblers. Several years ago, there was a death on a Scrambler because someone stood up and fell out of the car and was killed when they were hit by another car on the ride. As a result, seatbelts were added to Kings Island`s Scrambler the following year. (I want to say that this incident occurred in 1999 or 2000. Anyway, Coney Island added seatbelts to their Scrambler this year. Not sure why they waited until this season to do it. My hunch says that it was a directive from Eli Bridge, as the Ferris Wheel at Coney also had seat belts added this past season (seat belts, which by their design, confuses most guests riding that ride).

so i am on both sides

Well sure...

By having such stringent rules, ACE can pull a the "classic" signification at the drop of a hat.

So now they have a good excuse to come back again for free gravy and biscuts and give another plaque.

;)

Because there was such an issue when seat belts were not on these coasters. <G>