Rumor

Purplehaze

• 2 weeks later...

After I pay a large amount to get into KI, I think "Oh no we are out of milk, better go to the super store before we leave Kings Island tonight."

NOT!

Why would you want to shop at KI? You can go to one of those stores anyday......I just can't believe that it would even be thought of..........

O.K TOO weird, I have no thoughts for this rumor.

Except hahahahahaha!

How do you know it continues to set attendance records? Nothing of the kind has been expressed by Cedar Fair or its officials during investor meetings. Canada's Wonderland has been drawing more visitors lately, as has Cedar Point, according to most accounts. Cedar Fair no longer releases individual park attendance statistics.

So, how do you know this?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow don't let Cedar Fair or any builders of land see this We'll have walmart a mall, sears all over Kings Island:Lets face facts land continues to grow in price, KI not saying this could happen wow with Geuga lake, opryland, americana, liberty land in memphis, wow Hope this would never happen to Kings Island:

How do you know it continues to set attendance records? Nothing of the kind has been expressed by Cedar Fair or its officials during investor meetings. Canada's Wonderland has been drawing more visitors lately, as has Cedar Point, according to most accounts. Cedar Fair no longer releases individual park attendance statistics.

So, how do you know this?

Well according to http://www.themeit.com/attendance_report2007.pdf taken from the thread http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12374 Kings Island may not be ahead of Wonderland or Cedar Point but they are certainly right there with them with over 3 million guests.

Yes, but those figures are not records compared to the past...and hadn't even been released yet at the time the previous poster made his statements about Kings Island continuing set attendance records. By all accounts, attendance was often higher in the past.

Consider that at the time Cedar Fair was looking at buying Paramount Parks, Kings Island and Wonderland together were responsible for seven million in attendance yearly...

By comparison to the past, attendance continues to FALL at Kings Island. Compare this 2005 report to that just released, you can see the trend:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200512/2/

Kings Island, for example, has apparently declined from 3.3 million to 3.o5 million; but Cedar Point was up slightly, as they should have been in a year when Maverick was installed. Six Flags Great Adventure and Six Flags Great America were also both down, as are most of the seasonal, regional parks. By comparison, the Magic Kingdom INCREASED from 16.1 million in attendance to 17.06 million. Note ALL these figures are estimates...