Ode To Tower- A Sketch by Beastfan26

JAHill

When you have daydreams of KI in the middle of a class where you don't have to do anything, you may come up with some interesting things. I drew this sketch for around 30 minutes yesterday and added extra final details for around 15 min. today. Enjoy!

"Ode To Tower"

by Beastfan26 aka Jordan Hill

kicentralsketch.jpg

Canvas: College Ruled Paper

Drawn in: Pencil

...assuming that cellphones and the like are allowed in class, which they now are not at many, many schools...

Correct you are. We usually first and foremost are told not to even bring them to school if possible, and usually the case is if you bring one, you are to use it ONLY if you have any big emergencies, otherwise they are not to be seen. Alot of students find it inane and of course, being them... they disobey it.

During my years at school, we would pass messages the old fashion way - by passing a note and hoping the teacher did not catch it and read it out loud. :unsure: Even when I attended the Mount in the late 80's we were not allowed to use a calculator in our math classes. We had to know how to do all the math problems by hand.

Mike

Very nice, beastfan. Now if only I had at least a little artistic talent in me... :P

UD is completely technologically learning based now...except for with select teachers. I usually have my laptop on with internet in any class that I have. Mostly taking notes.

Tell me about it. If only we could get good computers to use... :rolleyes:

The last three semesters I used my computer for most classes for note-taking and the like. But this semester, I have found it easier to take notes by hand. Mainly because diagrams of chemical reactions and invertebrate anatomy don't seem to transfer very well to a Word document. :lol: I remember second semester last year I ended up surfing the internets for an entire Chem 124 class period for 2 good reasons - (1) my teacher was boring and an idiot [this was the class in which we spent a good 45 minutes talking about the difference between soap and detergent], and (2) it was the first day Maverick was testing, so I was IM-ing one of my friends (who worked on Maverick last season), got several good pictures from the CP webcam, and ended up doing a Cedar Fair Village feature later in the day about the first test runs. Good times, good times.

At my school they have gotten so strict that they lock the bathroom doors with cages so no one can smoke in them and there is only on bathroom in the whole school open and now they take your cell phone and give you a detention for it. Your parents also have to come and pick it up until you get it taken away the second time and then they keep it until the end of the year. I got mine taken away this year when we had a substitute and i was done with all my work. This chick next to me had her ipod out plain as day so i got my phone out to text and as soon as i got it out, we have some mental handicapped people in there so a teacher comes in to help them, and boom as soon as she saw it, it was good as gone. And you know whats funny i was going to Kings Island the next day with no phone for the whole weekend