Diver-Hyper

Coasterkidman

Lately the Local press and Mr. Spiegel have been saying that the new Roller Coaster for 2009 will be a B&M Diving Machine.

Although Members of KICentral (Shaggy and Company) have been sying for months now that it will be a B&M Mega (Hyper) Coaster.

So, Let's hear you're voice. What do you Think? :)

Would a dive machine really go out into the woods like they show it too?

Because on Griffon right after the lift, it turns to the brakes then the vertical drop.

So I'm guessing this is going to to be different dive machine than Griffon and SheiKra. If at all it is a dive machine.

I personally hope its just a regular hyper. Maybe one like Nitro, only bigger, more turns, more air time. With seats like Behemoth..

Also I was thinking, "floorless hyper"?? That would be great for air time.

Would a dive machine really go out into the woods like they show it too?

Because on Griffon right after the lift, it turns to the brakes then the vertical drop.

Ah, your right! I forgot about that. I have been on SheiKra, and it wouldn't fit into that area at all!

Maybe Mr. Spiegel is only trying to cover up what the real ride is?

The clearing that has gone on is perfect for an out and back layout for a B&M Mega, the Diver is much more of a compact twister layout. Compare the layout of Apollos Chariot with that of Griffon and its pretty clear that a Mega would fit better. Unless its a Diver Out and Back???

^But why are they clearing so wide? It's like they only need to clear 50 feet and they clear 80!

How do you now it 80 ft??

That's how Nitro is laid out.

I personally think it will be a hyper just because of the layout.

Ever since October, the rumor has been that it will be a hyper, and all the sudden Mr. Spiegal says that it's going to be a dive coaster. I think he says that because of the splash down. But maybe he's just saying its a dive coaster becuase he sees that splashdown. King's Island is known for having the "first" for alot of our coasters, so I'm sticking to the rumor that we will have the first hyper coaster with a splashdown.

The clearing that has gone on is perfect for an out and back layout for a B&M Mega, the Diver is much more of a compact twister layout. Compare the layout of Apollos Chariot with that of Griffon and its pretty clear that a Mega would fit better. Unless its a Diver Out and Back???

Good to see you around, Rail Rider! I'm all for Beast Slayer! I'm just not sure a diver out and back would work all that well, considering the width of those cars. But, not a bad idea either.

^

I lurk every once in awhile.

Yeah Im not sure a Diver out and back would work either, because the trains are so wide. Could be more of a Hyper/Mega with some Twister style elements. Something I could very easily see fitting in the area that has bee cleared so far. Should really be evident as the SplashDown trough developes. The Diver has a much wider gage compared to the Hyper/Mega.

Why 5? I mean if we are going to say 5 why not 6? That means new train fab and probably a different track gauge. Seems like too much new technology to provide problems. With the nightmare that is SoB, I would bet more on something that is tried and tested...