Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

wait i feel like i shouldn't ask because i have a feeling im going to got chewed out but i will ask any way. how do they get the trains on the track?

Good question. More than likely will load them on to the transfer track and then use it to load them on to the actual track for testing.

Well yeah I know Diamondback is far from done but all the track work is done.

how do you know that.

Well you got to factor in testing,electric work,landscaping and other things to put into perspective. I'm guess my personal opinion take it for what it's worth.

So is Adena done with the ride then? ^ It looks like that chain needs some grease before it can be fired up.

Do they still need to install the tracks to store the trains in the area of the transfer track? Sorry, don't know the official name for those pieces. I see that the structure is built, not necessarily completed, but I can't tell if the tracks are already in from the views from the webcam. I'm guessing that Adena would do the installation of those as well.

^ Weren't they the ones who said 3 months ago that the ride was near completion?

Let the fun begin!

It appears the new rollercoaster at Kings Island will open as scheduled later this year.

Crews installed the final piece of the Diamondback Monday afternoon.

The new rollercoaster is scheduled to open April 18.

The amusement park is auctioning off opportunities to be one of the first people to ride the new rollercoaster.

The money will be used for a local charity.

Details on how you can become one of the first to ride the Diamondback will be released next month

That's two so far!

^ You can get it all back when you file for taxes!

Uh, no. You can, in effect, get back the result of your marginal tax rate times the amount of your charitable contribution MINUS the value of the ride...to the extent this, along with any other deductions to which you are entitled, exceeds the standard deduction, subject however to certain other provisions (such as, but not limited to, the alternative miniumum tax). You should consult your tax advisor.

^^Haha!! As someone who's been doing his own taxes since age 16 (and makes a modest princely sum doing the taxes of his many siblings and their significant others), rule of thumb is unless you're deducting mortage interest, then you're not itemizing and chartible deductions mean zilch.

So is Adena done with the ride then? ^ It looks like that chain needs some grease before it can be fired up.

Do they still need to install the tracks to store the trains in the area of the transfer track? Sorry, don't know the official name for those pieces. I see that the structure is built, not necessarily completed, but I can't tell if the tracks are already in from the views from the webcam. I'm guessing that Adena would do the installation of those as well.

I did some research on that question for myself a while ago. I decided that the train will roll along the wheels in the middle of each space, and the sides will rest on something in order to keep it balanced. The reasoning for this is so that the mechanics can have easy access to the wheels and underside of the train for inspection and wheel replacement. The first pic is from KICentral's gallery, and the second one is from rcdb.com showing Nitro's storage shed.

Diamondback

Nitro

If I'm wrong, please let me know. This is just the conclusion I have personally come up with.