My Endurance Stunt

G-Force

The current record for most times on The Racer on a single day is 113, set by one of my classmates after Don Helbig's legendary 112 streak in the 80's. I want to break that record. I figured out I can have about 3 minutes to wait in line between rides. With Haunt this will be nearly impossible but during the day it should be rather empty on a Sunday. So I will be continously riding from 11 AM to 11 PM! This is all because of my friendly rivalry with my classmate and the fact that I don't want to wait all off season to do so. So ,is The Racer usually open during the day?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rcfreak339

I have set a coaster record! This summer at Beech Bend I rode Kentucky Rumbler 42 times that day! I also had to get off and comeback around since it was park policy...

When Helbig set his record, the park policy was that you had to exit the ride and get back in line so he didn't get any marathon rides at all. If you want to truly break his record, you'll have to do it his way.

Yeah, that's the way I meant for it to sound. Sorry if I worded that awkwardly.

Yes, it closes at 8 and they only use one side of The Racer which will slow you down as well.

I completly forgot about no Haunt on Sunday! How is the park during the day on Saturdays. I might have to postpone my event to the following week. But, I'll do the math and see if 9 hours is doable or not.

EDIT: Did the math. It is possible if the the ride duration including restraints ect. takes about 3.5 minutes (Over-estimating a little) I will have 1.19 minutes to get on the next train. More of a challenge, but certainly do-able.

umm, no. I think the best time would be on the last day its open this year or just wait till april.

Wait i forgot that DB was the priority in april.

But DB may cause other lines to be somewhat shorter, which should help your chances, especially if Racer is running both sides.

Or it could attract a lot more people to the park... ESPECIALLY early in the season, who would only ride D-Back once and then be in other lines.

umm, no. I think the best time would be on the last day its open this year or just wait till april.

Wait i forgot that DB was the priority in april.

But DB may cause other lines to be somewhat shorter, which should help your chances, especially if Racer is running both sides.

Or it could attract a lot more people to the park... ESPECIALLY early in the season, who would only ride D-Back once and then be in other lines.

True. He needs to pick one of those colder days early in the season when it looks like rain, then get an early start on Racer while virtually everyone else heads to X Base, Action Zone and/or DB. That should allow him to get a lot of those rides in right away.

Yeah, I realize if will be difficult this year but I still want to at least try. I am going to keep my date as this Sunday. With very low time inbetween rides, eating will be impossible too! Can you guys over at the Trailer Tower squirt me some Mountain Due and throw me some White Castles every now and then? ;) Well, I guess I will be going on Sunday, it's worth a try!

Good luck with your endevor, take some tylenol beforehand, because you are going to be worn out and sore by the end of the day. Least you havent decided to do it on The Beast or SoB.

My only marathon ridding was on ShockWave at KD and Drachen Fire at BGE.

ShockWave, I got 12 circuits completed without moving out of my seat, I know isnt a record but on a stand up wore me out.

Drachen Fire I like to think I have the unofficial record. 25 circuits without moving from my seat during a nice light rain. I was the only person on the train the whole time. The ride ops thought it was hillarious and they administered medical attention after my 25th ride. Bloody nose and all, I just sprawled out in the station after my last ride. Sadly the coaster was removed the next year.

Once again enjoy and good luck.

Thanks for the support guys! Expect a PTR maybe with some before and after pictures lol. If anybody is going that day I will be the one wearing the plain white t shirt covered with Sharpie tallies for each ride. Oh and do be offended if I have to sprint past you.

darn, I won't be there on Sunday. :(

However, I think it's totally doable. The weekend before last, I did 8 rides on red train in less than an hour on Saturday night and never had to go back around. This was in the last hour before close and every seat, including front, was walk-on. There was me and 3 other people that kept switching seats around and trading seat partners and no one else even got in line while we were there.

I am starting to think about a reschedule. None of my friends can go that day that have gold passes, and I don't want to invite non-gold pass members because that would suck paying $30 for one ride all day long. So I will go anyday I have someone to go with. If I do find someone to go with I will go this Sunday, but it is starting to look doubtful.

I am starting to think about a reschedule. None of my friends can go that day that have gold passes, and I don't want to invite non-gold pass members because that would suck paying $30 for one ride all day long. So I will go anyday I have someone to go with. If I do find someone to go with I will go this Sunday, but it is starting to look doubtful.

Don't worry, dude, you have all of next season AND should probably be focusing on beating my D-back ride count next year anyway!! :D

When Helbig set his record, the park policy was that you had to exit the ride and get back in line so he didn't get any marathon rides at all. If you want to truly break his record, you'll have to do it his way.

Yeah, that's the way I meant for it to sound. Sorry if I worded that awkwardly.

Yes, it closes at 8 and they only use one side of The Racer which will slow you down as well.

I completly forgot about no Haunt on Sunday! How is the park during the day on Saturdays. I might have to postpone my event to the following week. But, I'll do the math and see if 9 hours is doable or not.

EDIT: Did the math. It is possible if the the ride duration including restraints ect. takes about 3.5 minutes (Over-estimating a little) I will have 1.19 minutes to get on the next train. More of a challenge, but certainly do-able.

yes The Racer is on a 3 minute loop :P lol I timed it friday with when i let ppl into urgent scare :P haha but dude, if i could get a sunday off of work i'd totally do it with you!!! Is there a record for Vortex or Drop Tower yet? :-D